- Fourteenth Leave.

Leaves of autumn.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“So what exactly is their story?”

 

Luhan stretched his body like a feline, eyes trained on Oh Sehun’s pale back as he moved to put a shirt on. He lazily moved his gaze from the younger’s toned body to his bedside table, a grinning Kim Jongin staring at him from a framed picture next to an equally delighted Sehun posing with a V sign. They looked young, very young, and Luhan decided they must’ve taken that silly picture back in high school or maybe even middle school. Luhan smiled softly at how endearing his lover looked back in the days, round chubby cheeks and crescent shaped eyes. Adorable, Luhan thought.

“Who?” Sehun raised a brow in confusion, worried Luhan might have mentioned any names he didn’t pay enough attention to catch. He didn’t want to upset him, Luhan was his pretty angel after all, and it took ages for them to get to where they are. “Jongin hyung and Jung Soojung?” Sehun took a wild guess, praying he hit the bull’s eye with his choice of pairing. Ever sense he came back from China, Luhan has been obsessing over Kim Jongin’s life and romances, Sehun wasn’t quite sure how he was supposed to feel about that.

“Yeah.” Sehun exhaled in relief and Luhan grinned mischievously, ready for Sehun to spill some tea on his best friend’s odd relationship. “Kim Jongin and Jung Soojung. What’s their story like?”

Sehun rolled his eyes before sitting down next to Luhan on the bed with a small pout, trying but failing to piece the correct timeline of Jongin and Soojung’s relationship together.

He wondered briefly why Luhan would be interested in Jongin’s love life all of a sudden, the boys were sworn enemies, and have made Sehun’s life a living hell by how many times he was pressured to choose between the two. They never got along in the past few encounters they’ve had, and probably never will. Something was definitely fishy. Luhan was acting out of character. Sehun was actually still in shock the Chinese elder willingly initiated ual with him after they came across each other in a club a couple of days before. He was never down for intimacy like that. Sehun wasn’t complaining, but he low-key wondered where the change of heart came from.

“We went to the same private school.” Sehun scratched the back of his head before adding. “Jongin kinda had a crush on her, and I guess she did too.”

“They’re high school sweethearts?”

“Not really. Soojung was already dating someone.” Luhan pressed his cheek against his palm, visibly intrigued. “Jongin took that as a challenge.”

“Very like him, so annoying.”

“She was our school’s it girl. Jongin was the it boy, in his head it made sense that they got together and formed some sort of a power couple, or some like that.”

“He sounds like a nightmare. What about you?”

“What about me?”

“What role did you play in this unholy reunion?”

“I guess the matchmaker, at least for a short while, ‘cause I was close to both of them. Jongin was my best friend and Soojung was my neighbour, she no longer is but she was back then. So I was tasked to invite them to my house for drinks and stuff.”

“Drinks? As in alcoholic drinks? Weren’t you a bunch of underage high schoolers?”

“Yeah.” Sehun scratched the back of his head sheepishly once again before pushing Luhan’s shoulder lightly. “Don’t judge!”

“I’m not judging, I’m just curious, babe.” Luhan leaned for a chaste kiss to reassure his lover, before ushering for him to get closer. Sehun did as told with a soft smile, happy the older was finally comfortable enough to stay over in his apartment and share the bed with him.

“Yeah well, Soojung liked her boyfriend and didn’t want to break up with him.” Sehun chuckled before adding. “Jongin obviously didn’t like that.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “He claimed she liked him just as much as he liked her and he was gonna prove it to me eventually.”

“Poor baby, always caught up in that s’ juvenile schemes.”

“I completely forgot about her to be honest. Nothing was proven and we moved on from that topic until recently. Jongin met her again at some friend’s party. Asked her out for drinks or something, she refused, he got offended yet again and hell broke loose.”

“I’m too scared to ask.”

“Well, at first she didn’t seem interested, like at all.” Sehun snickered with a highly unattractive snort. “But then Jongin convinced her by claiming he’ll warm up to her father and prove to her he was serious about her, that he truly loved her or something equally ridiculous.”

“What? Why all this effort? How good looking is this Jung Soojung?”

“She bruised his ego, Lu hyung. He refused to take no for an answer and made the mistake of his life by pursuing her I’m afraid.”

“Why? What do you mean?”

“Jung Soojung’s father is a notorious mafia boss.”

“What the ! Are you being serious right now?”

“Dead serious.” Sehun nodded before taking a long deep breath. “He lied about who he was, miraculously got recruited and did actually manage to warm up to her father and find his way to her house. Beyond impressive if you ask me.”

“What kind of lame k-drama is this?”

“She was impressed herself, like really impressed, to the point of catching feelings. Her dad was super strict with her apparently, she wasn’t technically allowed to date anyone, except she low-key did, but like behind his back or something. Allegedly no boy has ever dared to approach her dad and publicly ask her out. For obvious reasons! But Jongin wasn’t scared and she liked that about him I guess. He slept with her eventually like he promised.”

“Was it all a scheme to sleep with the poor girl?”

“He wanted revenge I guess. She rejected him multiple times and he wasn’t used to that. So he kind slept with her mom too.”

“What?” Luhan screamed, standing up in shock. Sehun stared at him awkwardly before sighing. “Oh Sehun, what did you just say?”

“I know, he’s stupid.”

“Stupid? That word doesn’t even begin to describe that mother fu—” Luhan was interrupted with a sudden buzz on Sehun’s door. Both boys jerked their heads towards the sound in utter confusion. They glanced at each other for a moment before Sehun finally decided on checking who the heck was buzzing on his door in the middle of the night. “Are you expecting someone?”

“No. Not that I know of.” Sehun moved towards the door with an uneasy feeling. He couldn’t stop his mind from conjuring images of the Jung mafia coming to get him for being involved with Jongin. He was genuinely nervous someone might have stalked or tracked his whereabouts and came to shoot him dead. He glanced back one last time at Luhan as he quietly followed suit from behind before reaching to open the door. He would never forgive himself if something bad happened to his lover because of him—because of Kim ing Jongin.

 

“Who is it?” Sehun asked, heart beating obnoxiously loud in his ears.

“Open the door, Sehun-ah!”

Sehun blinked at his door in sheer bewilderment, not fully sure he was hearing well. Was that Kim Jongin’s voice? No way, Jongin was in China, and wasn’t supposed to comeback until another week or two. Maybe he should get his ears checked. Was he hallucinating? Why would he hallucinate of Kim Jongin of all people? Sehun shook his head before deciding on finally opening the door to whoever was waiting from the other side. Sehun would rather get shot by the Jung mafia than have Jongin and Luhan meet in his apartment. He prayed it was his father or Park Chanyeol coming over to beat his , anyone but Kim Jongin at this point.

 

“Missed me, Hun-ah?” Only Jongin had the audacity to show up to his apartment uninvited like that, and sure thing, there he was standing tall with a lopsided grin, before abruptly making his way into Sehun’s house without a mere drop of decency. “I see you have company.”

Luhan groaned before pulling the bathrobe tighter around his body, a blush spreading over his pale exposed flesh. The Chinese male has never felt more embarrassed in his entire lifetime. He couldn’t believe Kim Jongin was smirking at him with a knowing face from across the room.

“Sehun!” Luhan gritted the younger’s name in anger, fuming with clenched fists. “Why would you let him in? You know I don’t with him!”

“He forced his way in, Lu!”

“Oh, calm down.” Jongin took a seat on a leather couch in Sehun’s lavish living room, carelessly propping his feet up on the coffee table before adding with a stupid -eating grin on his face. “I’ve seen Sehun-ah do atrocious stuff around here. Having a man in his house is not surprising at all, trust me, Lu.” Jongin chuckled at Luhan as he watched his body tense up at his claim. “An eyesore for sure, but nothing I haven’t seen before.”

“Hyung, what do you want?” Sehun urged, making his way towards the mini bar in the room to make everyone a much needed drink. He didn’t appreciate Jongin barging in into his house in the middle of the night like that, but he was sure the elder had his reasons. Sehun was low-key intrigued. It was unlike him, Jongin never comes randomly like that just to stir up with Sehun’s guests, although his words might suggest otherwise, they were purely meant to enrage Luhan. Sehun prayed his boyfriend was mature enough to simply ignore him.

“Here to check on you obviously.”

“If you’re here because of what happened to Chanyeol, no need to tiptoe around the subject, I already told Luhan hyung everything.”

“Glad to know my friend is a pillow talker snitch.”

“I don’t need to sleep with Sehun, for him to tell me stuff.”

“Sure.” Jongin rolled his eyes at the older Chinese male as he made himself comfortable on a chair across from him. “And I’m assuming you two were for scientific reasons, right? Doing Yoga on the perhaps? Just two best buddies chilling while gossiping on my personal life and affairs, am I right?”

“Hyung, here, drink this and relax a bit.”

“It’s actually your boyfriend who needs to relax not me.” Jongin reached out to grab his drink before plopping back down on the couch. “And you Oh Sehun need to keep your mouth shut for once. I don’t care how good he is in bed, if I ask you to keep something a secret you ing keep it. What kind of friend are you?”

“The best kind.” Sehun blew his visibly upset friend a flying kiss before adding. “Now tell me why are you back from China so early?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“A party?” Yixing nodded with a polite smile.

He quietly eyed Chanyeol’s mother for a moment, taking in her gentle aura and pretty features, she resembled her son a lot. He wasn’t the spitting image of her, but he surely did inherent her gentleness and dimples. He never got the chance to get introduced to her officially as Chanyeol’s boyfriend. Yixing wasn’t even sure whether she knew about him or not, and by the look of it the latter was more likely the case. She didn’t seem to recognize him as anyone of importance to Chanyeol, and that stung more than Yi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter