- Ninth Leave.

Leaves of autumn.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Chanyeol hyung got shot—"

 

Kyungsoo fell hard to his knees at that, a chocked sob painfully escaping his heart shaped mouth, making the most dramatic scene Junmyeon has probably ever had the pleasure to witness. But Kyungsoo’s reaction was truly not for dramatic purposes, it was genuine and raw and it ing hurt everywhere. His heart clenched painfully and his lungs stopped operating for a second, Kyungsoo felt like dying.

Junmyeon was talking, probably asking him what was wrong, but Kyungsoo couldn’t hear him. He couldn’t hear a thing; couldn’t feel his own limbs. Was he still breathing though? This was no time for him to be behaving this way, Chanyeol needed him by his side. He was supposed to be strong, he always thought he was. He was being pathetic.

“Kyung? Kyungsoo-ssi are you alright?” Junmyeon was panicking, but so was Kyungsoo. Chanyeol got shot, his beloved Chanyeol got shot. Someone dared shooting his—his what exactly? His best friend? His one-sided love perhaps? Kyungsoo shook those unpleasant thoughts away as he reached for Junmyeon’s extended hand to help him stand up to his feet. This was no time for going all poetic about his relationship with Park Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was overreacting; he was supposed to be already in his car heading towards the hospital.

“Ju—Junmyeon, I need you to take me to St. Mary's hospital. Don’t ask me questions, it’s urgent. Please.” Junmyeon blinked at him for a moment before giving a short nod and bringing his phone out to call his chauffeur over. 

 

 

Chanyeol getting shot wasn’t the plan. They were supposed to simply scare him off. Actually, the initial plan was to get him drunk and pay for some random chick to seduce him and take pictures of them being intimately close— pictures to be more precise, so that Jongin can accidently show them to Yixing somehow and break their lovey-dovey romance for good. They were instructed to not hurt him, because Jongin still loved him in a way or another, but look at what they have done the morons.

Thankfully Chanyeol’s injury wasn’t anything serious, he was still alive that lucky . But still, the incident left Jongin with so many things to deal with, one of them which was the hardest was to explain to a frantic Yixing that the call had nothing to do with Park Chanyeol, because apparently in a moment of rage Jongin has lost control over himself and unconsciously mentioned Chanyeol’s name at some point.

He asked the annoying Chinese male to show the blonde e around the house and give him a moment while he spoke to a traumatized Sehun through the phone. He felt dizzy and sick to his stomach—both being some serious symptoms of a forming migraine–as Sehun kept whining over and over again about the same damn thing, apologizing and claiming that the chick they have paid to use in their plan never bothered to tell them she had a boyfriend—an ex-gang member boyfriend with major trust issues—who worked there as a club bouncer and saw the whole scene of his girlfriend shamelessly flirting and grinding her body against another man who wans’t him, a very intoxicated other man to make things worse.

When Jongin finally managed to calm Sehun down he carefully instructed him to get rid of any evidence that could relate the case to them, as well as to keep a close eye on Chanyeol and pay the girl to shut her up. The last thing he needed was someone blackmailing him over something as trivial as this. The hard part was keeping things from Kyungsoo, seriously the man was very sharp and it wouldn’t take him long to realize it was all Jongin’s doing. Thank god they were miles away from each other and if anyone was going to get a beating it was probably going to be Oh Sehun—he damn well deserves it if you asked Jongin.

He took a deep breath in and slowly made his way towards Yixing’s lavish house; mind racing with what to do next. Now that his first plan has failed he had to perfect his upcoming one, as well as to make sure it wouldn’t end up with him being locked up behind bars or Yixing getting shot to death. An arrogant smirk drew itself on his face as flashbacks of what he spent nearly half an hour doing with that e flared in his mind. Yixing had a long lovely night waiting for him and Jongin was going to make sure he enjoys it.

 

 

As soon as they got to the hospital, Kyungsoo nearly broke Junmyeon’s car door off as he hastily made his way towards St. Mary's hospital. Junmyeon probably called after him but he was too preoccupied at the moment to deal with his questions. Kyungsoo himself knew nothing and was still confused.

He breathlessly reached the receptionist with wide eyes and chest heaving, nearly choking in a cough as he asked where Park Chanyeol’s room was and if he was still alive. The woman, too busy typing something on her computer, merely gave him a glance before asking him to wait for a moment as she looked for his friend’s information.

“Kyungsoo hyung.” When Sehun’s voice reached his ears, Kyungsoo had half a mind to take the receptionist’s sharp looking tweezers that were laying on the desk, and stab the blonde haired boy right in the eye with it.

“I knew Jongin was an , but you Sehun! I thought you were better than this you !” He didn’t want to make a scene, but Jongin was far away at the moment and his minion was just right there waiting to take the blame over that devilish cousin of his. Kyungsoo was fuming; he so desperately needed to punch someone.

“I’m sorry hyung, I’m really sorry.” A terrified looking Sehun begged for Kyungsoo’s forgiveness as he led him to Chanyeol’s room, claiming that the latter was alright and that his injury was shallow and nothing serious to fret about. Kyungsoo punched his arm for that and as they were waiting for the elevator, a distraught Kim Junmyeon made an appearance. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but growl; this was definitely not the right time for a third-party intervention.

“Kyungie—“ Junmyeon wasn’t able to finish his sentence as Kyungsoo grabbed his wrist and dragged him as far away as possible from Sehun’s earshot.

“Junmyeon, I’m sorry, but I seriously can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep lying to you—to myself. I just can’t, this is getting too exhausting.” Junmyeon’s eyes widened at that; he took his hand back to himself, a frown easily finding its way to his pale face.

“Are you breaking up with me?”

“Yes, I am Junmyeon, and I’m truly sorry for leading you on—”

“You’re sorry? But we’ve just started dating...I don’t understand, have I done or said anything wrong? We’ve only been in one ing date Kyungsoo, you can’t do this to me! You said you’ll give me a chance—“

“I know I did, and you’re a great guy Jun, anyone would love to have you—“ Junmyeon cut him off, his tone getting louder and louder by the minute.

“So what’s the ing problem then?” There was a long pregnant silence after that question has been asked. Kyungsoo was frozen to his spot, he felt completely lost. Because what was his problem seriously? Junmyeon was a great guy. He loved him and treated him like he was all that mattered. For the first time in his life someone cared enough to pursuit him and deal with his ty personality, and would even dare call his sour mood swings adorable. Hell, prissy Kim Junmyeon has even made the effort to make someone like him homemade food. It was ridiculous, he was ridiculous. “Tell me Kyungsoo! What’s your ing problem?”   

“I—I’m sorry...”

“It’s that maid’s son, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo’s head shot up at Junmyeon’s bold assumption; he settled on simply blinking at the furious man in front of him without uttering a word, his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed thickly, no longer sure if he was doing the right thing by breaking up with Junmyeon or not. “You’re in love with him, aren’t you? Or are you two already dating? Don’t tell me you two were using me as some sort of a lame cover up from your parents?”

“Junmyeon, I—“ Kyungsoo took a deep shaky breath in; averting his gaze from Junmyeon’s wounded one at all costs. He couldn’t face him; he was an , an even bigger than Jongin was—or Chanyeol has ever been to him. At least Park Chanyeol never led him on or promised him of anything.

Kyungsoo clenched his fists; a wave of anxiety taking control over his body as he finally managed to look Junmyeon in the eye and close that chapter in his life. He was sure Junmyeon would move on from him at some point, unlike him who was forever stuck in Chanyeol’s webs as it seemed. Maybe someday he’ll be able to move on too, but not right now, definitely not right now. He was still in love with Park Chanyeol and he wasn’t going to back off without a fight.

 

With a long deep sigh Kyungsoo made his way towards Chanyeol’s room; after getting rid of both Sehun and Junmyeon, the doe eyed male felt like a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

He was met with Chanyeol tucking his shirt into his pants; a sour expression flashing on his face every time he moved his arm the wrong way. He was clearly in pain, although Sehun claimed the injury was shallow and nothing to worry about.

“Let me help you.” Kyungsoo made his presence known, before making his way in. Chanyeol’s big eyes widened at his sight, clearly not expecting his out of the blue visit.

“What are you doing here? Who told you I was here?” He was clearly no longer d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter