New Students

You Got A Message

 

After what seemed like months, Monday finally arrived.

Minji was getting ready as she wore her clothes. Luckily, her mom had packed her bag for her the previous day. They had also arranged with the school that she would be excused from homework given while she was gone and had the school’s assurance that Minji’s kidnapping case would be kept a secret.

Minji sighed as she stared in the mirror, fixing her clip. The sight of the photo frame beside it made her sigh even deeper.

It was a picture of Minji and Seyong posing together during their first date. Minji held up a peace sign while Seyong made a kissy face at Minji. Minji smiled softly. *We can’t be like this anymore…*

Minji was about to cry but she held in her tears by biting on her lower lip. *I must be strong. There must be a way out.*

Suddenly, her door opened and shut. Minji took a deep breath and turned around to see who it was.

Chaejin.

He was holding a cup of red liquid.

He smiled, “Are you ready for today?”

Minji nodded quietly, though she was still unsure herself.

Chaejin sighed as guilt took over him. *She’s making this hard for me.*

“Be strong…” Chaejin patted her back and passed her the cup of blood, “Drink up. I’ll see you downstairs.”

And with that, he left her room.

Minji stared blankly at the cup of blood. *I’d rather not drink this. It makes me feel like a monster. But… I need to be healthy for Seyong oppa.* Sighing for the nth time, Minji drank it all and wiped her lips.

She grabbed her bag and made her way downstairs.

Just as Minji sat down and put on her shoes, Mrs. Kim called out, “Minji-ah.”

“Ne?” Minji responded.

Mrs. Kim crouched down beside Minji. She Minji’s hair.

“This is gonna be hard. But, you being a vampire isn’t the end of the world. It just means that your life has been lengthened. Well… you’ll be alive forever now. That isn’t the point, though. Point is, although it’s gonna be hard, you’ll have to live for the rest of your life like this. Don’t let your life go just because you’ve turned into a “monster”. Make me proud,” Mrs. Kim kissed Minji’s cheeks as she stood up and straightened her shirt.

“Well, TIME FOR SCHOOL! Get up, Minji-ah~,” she smiled sweetly at her.

Minji quickly let go of her train of thoughts and stood up.

She forced a smile as she told her mom, “I’ll be going to school now. Take care, omma!”

Mrs. Kim waved at Minji who walked out, into Gunwoo’s car, where Chaejin and JunQ were already waiting.

Once Minji shut the door close, Gunwoo shared a look with Mrs. Kim and sped off.

Mrs. Kim sighed. *It’s going to be hard…*

--

During the car ride, Minji had been thinking of Seyong and their future.

As if Gunwoo had read her mind, he asked her, “Remember, you can’t get too close to Seyong anymore.”

Minji sighed.

She had tried reasoning with them that she can’t go on without being with Seyong, leaving the members to decide that she can be with Seyong with the condition that at least one member must be there to watch her.

“And if you still want to, at least one of the members must be with you. You cannot be with him when none of us are there with you, arasseo?” Gunwoo asked.

Minji quietly nodded; obviously disappointed that she can’t spend so much time with her boyfriend anymore.

*What do I tell Seyong?*

--

Soon, the four of them arrived at school. JunQ and Chaejin had gotten into the school and were now the students of Seoul High.

Because of the fact that JunQ and Chaejin had no history in studying in schools, they had some help from acquaintances to register these boys. Also, since Gunwoo was 22 years old, he had not been able to get into the school and trusted all the responsibility on Minji to JunQ and Chaejin.

Since they needed to stick to Minji, Minji was forced to follow them to the office.

Students whispered among themselves as they watched the three handsome boys, plus one girl, walk down the hallway coolly. Girls squealed when JunQ threw a wink at them and the boys groaned upon realising that they had more competition.

“Isn’t that group.. Infinite or whatever enough? Now, there are 3 more handsome faces. We’re doomed,” the boys complained amongst themselves.

JunQ chuckled when he heard that. He would have laughed in their face but he knew better than to be childish in front of Gunwoo.

They arrived at the office and approached a woman who then shared a look with Gunwoo. They both seemed to have communicated with their eyes and nodded at each other. Minji curiously stared at the secretary who had rather green eyes. But, when the secretary turned to her, Minji felt her hair stand and quickly looked away. *Vampire?*

Minji had seen the woman a couple of times. She noticed that this woman doesn’t leave for lunch and was always ridiculously beautiful. Her hair was long and wavy. Her body was slim and pretty and her make-up was always perfect. She was fair and pulled off the sophisticated look that she was probably aiming for.

*Must be a vampire.* Minji thought.

The woman handed Gunwoo two files and a piece of paper.

“If you could please sign this paper as their guardian…” the woman said to him.

Gunwoo nodded and took out a pen from his pocket and signed the paper.

“Thank you. These are files containing their timetables. They can refer to it to find out which classes they would have to attend to. If there’s any problem finding their classes, they could always ask a student for help,” the woman seriously informed Gunwoo.

Gunwoo nodded again and said, “Thank you. Can they head to class now?”

“Yes,” the woman replied.

The four of them bowed to the woman and walked out of the office.

“Well, I’ve arranged your timetables with the school such that JunQ and Chaejin would attend the same classes as you,” Gunwoo told Minji.

Minji nodded and listened.

“Class has started anyway so.. Minji, please lead these two boys,” Gunwoo told her.

Minji nodded again and was about to leave when Gunwoo stopped them.

“Oh, by the way, please remember, Minji. Stick to JunQ and Chaejin at all times and do not go near Seyong much. If you still do, please make sure at least JunQ or Chaejin is there with you. Not only will you have Seyong’s life at risk but also yourself. You’re a wild vampire that was bitten by another wild vampire. We wouldn’t know it if a royal vampire picked up your scent and decided to hand you in to be killed,” Gunwoo reminded them.

Minji just nodded with a sigh and bowed at Gunwoo before heading to class with JunQ and Chaejin.