Nine

Enchanting Death

I gulped and stared wide eyed at Chanyeol who was still asleep. I could hear Baekhyun quietly squealing in the background as I got out from under the covers. 

"I am going to wipe that smile off your face!" and I start chasing him around the room.

"SEULMI AND CHANYEOL SITTING IN A TREE KISSIN- Oof" Baekhyun had run into Kyungsoo, who turned around holding a now half empty glass of milk.

"He...he..ehhhh.. sorrysorrysorrysorry!" Baekhyun managed to squeak as Kyungsoo began chasing him. The running woke up Chanyeol, who was still half asleep. Suho came downstaris and patted Chanyeol on the back telling him to get ready to head out for training. That's when I noticed everyone had already dressed and were headed to the kitchen. I looked over and saw that Kyungsoo was sitting stoicly on top of Baekhyun, calmy drinking the remnants of his milk. Serves him right, I stick my tongue out at Baekhyun, who didn't hesitate to stick his tongue right back. I laugh and head upstairs to get ready, with Chanyeol following behind.

"You know you snore right?"

I turn to look at him, the heat rising in my face, "Yeah... sorry about that."

"I thought you were Kai."

"Ok, I get it, I sound like a man when I snore, can we please just get ready? I'm hungry."

He chuckled and shrugged, I gave him a glare and made my way to my room. Breakfast was hectic, specially since there were nine mouths to feed, everyone kept teasing me about this morning, I buried my head in my cereal and ignored their jokes. Chanyeol didn't seem bothered by it, in fact it didn't look like he really cared at all. I hurriedly finish my breakfast and we all head to the training arena. Once we arrived at the onyx doors, we were told that this time, we would be battling alone. My stomach flipped, suddenly everything felt so real and I couldn't stop the thoughts of war and bloodshed that entered my mind. I was going to be sick. Suddenly I felt an arm wrapped around my own, supporting me. Chanyeol was looking at me with a worried expression. I looked around and noticed my friends had similar expressions on their faces. 

"I'm fine," I said while taking deep breaths, "It's something that has to be done." 

The doors opened and we stepped into the training room. 

-------- Later that day--------

"Guys I can't feel my arms, my legs, or my face." I turned and saw Baekhyun pouting. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were walking side by side, well, more like limping. Baekhyun had gotten too confident during his battle and ended up taking an attack to his leg. Luckily it was easily healed but still remained sore. We were finally headed back from training and everyone was exhausted. The training today was a lot more intense than yesterday and since we didn't have a partner, it required each of us to bring out our all. It was intensive but I could already see that we were slowly building confidence within ourselves and with each other. I internally groaned, tomorrow was Monday, which means I had to go to school. Luckily it was the last week, but this meant that finals were here. This time I groaned out loud.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah I just remembered I have three finals that I have yet to study for." I sigh loudly and continue trudging to the house. 

Later that night in the bedroom with Sora and Soomi, we came up with a plan. Since we all took the same classes, we would use our powers to "help" each other on the test. Sora was an ace at Physics, I was good at history, and Soomi was a whiz at calculus. During the test we would communicate with each other, but we had to be careful. It would look suspicious if I, a straight C student, suddenly aced this physics final. I felt guilty resorting to this but in all honesty there were bigger things to worry about and the end of the world definitely takes priority over finals.