Eight

Enchanting Death

My hands are shaking as we step out into the room. Ahead of us I see two new Kieran members who were just as bloodthirsty as their previous members. I steadied myself and began to focus my energy. I could tell Chanyeol was readying himself as well, his body tensing up with anticipation. The Kieran were unchained and they rushed at us. With my blood pumping I summoned my astral, it shot towards the first Kieran, who sent out his black energy orbs. The orbs made contact with my astral and exploded. No damage had been done to my astral. There was no time to feel relief because he soon sent the orbs towards me, or what he thought was me. I had split my astral into two and had manipulated one into forming an image of me. The orbs flew right through my illusion. Confused the Kieran looked around but it was too late. I came from behind and set my astral upon him. He writhed in agony as I pushed my astral deeper into his body until he slumped to the ground, lifeless. I turned to see that Chanyeol had also been successful in subduing the second Kieran who was also slumped on the ground. I ran and gave him a hug. We did it! He wrapped his arms around my waist as we celebrated our successful battle.A few seconds later I became aware of what we were doing and quickly let go. I coughed and he let his hands fall back to his side. 

Later that night, after training had finished we were back at my house gathered around the TV. Most of us were exhausted and just laid around staring blankly at the screen. I was sitting on the couch with Sora and Soomi on my left and Chanyeol and Suho on my right. We had eaten a huge meal and were currently in food coma mode. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and my vision becoming blurry. I opened my eyes and noticed that no one else was in the living room, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 3AM it was also freezing. Why didn't anyone wake me up?

"You're up." 

I froze. I suddenly became aware that my head was resting on something.I had fallen asleep on Chanyeol. I silently cursed Soomi and Sora, who had probably planned this once I fell asleep. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep."

"It's ok, I fell asleep too, I guess no one wanted to wake us up." 

Awkward silence. 

"Well we should head back to our rooms." I stuttered. 

"Yeah, goodnight Seulmi." The way he says my name makes me want to swoon. 

We're headed upstairs and I try to open my door but it's locked from the inside. That's weird, why would it be locked? I thought about it and realized what was going on. I walk over to Chanyeol's room that he shared with Baekhyun and Kai. Like me, he was having trouble getting into his room. 

"Did they lock you out from the inside too?" 

"Yeah, those s." He knocks on the door, but theres no response. He knocks again and from the other side we hear Baekhyun and Kai giggling. Looks like neither of us are getting into our rooms tonight. I turn to Chanyeol and suggest that we can sleep in the living room. There were a some extra blankets and pillows in the laundry room. He said it was pretty cold downstairs, he had a point.

"It's ok, we'll have blankets!" I was trying to stay positive. I went to the laundry room. We only had 2 pillows and one blanket left. All of our other blankets were being used for our guests. I brought what we had back to Chanyeol, who was standing in the living room. I told him I could only find one blanket and he should sleep with it. I felt guilty, if I hadn't fallen asleep on him none of this would have happened. I insisted that I'd be ok and that it wasn't that cold anyways. He came up to me and reached out for my hand. 

"Your hands are freezing Seulmi, you use the blanket, I'll be fine." 

I gulped and managed to nod. I gave him the pillow and he set it on the floor. I went to the couch and did the same. Except I couldn't fall asleep. After about laying with my eyes open for half an hour I turn to see Chanyeol curled up and shivering from the cold. The guilt was too much! I bit my lip and got up from the couch. I took the blanket and placed it on him. Satisfied I turned and went back to the couch. But Chanyeol had woken up and was now grabbing me by the ankle. He took the blanket off and held it back out to me. I bit my lip again, trying to think of a good solution. I went back to the couch and grabbed my pillow. Walking back to where Chanyeol was laying I placed my pillow between us.

"There, now we can both use the blanket." I was feeling pretty proud of my idea. I looked over the pillow barrier at Chanyeol and gave him a thumbs up. He looked back, took his pillow from under his head, handed it to me, and silently turned his back. I smiled at his nice gesture and fell into a dreamless sleep.

"AWWWWWWW." 

I opened my eyes, still not fully awake. It was really warm and I snuggled deeper into my pillow. 

"Quiet Baekhyun! They're dreaming." 

"But look at them, all cuddled up together, I told you it would work hehehe."

My eyes opened again and I'm looking up at a giddy Baekhyun with Sora standing next to him. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I see the there were two pillows beside me... then what was my head resting on? My eyes widened and I turned around to come face to face with Chanyeol's collarbones. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again thanks for reading my fic ^^ Sorry I didn't post in the past two days, I had a final on Thursday and Friday was a recovery day lol. I have the rest of my finals next week until Weds but after that I'm on break so chapter updates will be more frequent afterwards! :) If you enjoyed please subscribe! It'd mean a lot to me <3