Ten

Enchanting Death

Finals had just ended. I stood outside of the doorway, waiting for Sora and Soomi to finish and turn in their tests. They liked to double check their answers to make sure they didn't make any mistakes. I on the other hand, turned it in as soon as I filled in the last question. I was excited to get back to the clan and start the training. I was tapping my foot impatiently when Mrs. Soo came out to shush me.

"Sorry." I whispered. I sent out a message to Sora and Soomi,

Guys come one, it's been 15 minutes!

You just want to head back so you can make googly eyes at Chanyeol~~ 

I rolled my eyes. Ever since that  sleeping incident Chanyeol has kept his distance from me. It feels like everytime I come into the room he finds a way to leave. I couldn't think of anything that I did wrong and when I went to ask Kai about it he just shrugged and told me not to worry about it since Chanyeol could get moody at random times. I decided to not take it personally, although it still stung. Sora and Soomi came out of the room, breaking my train of thought. 

"So you guys ready to kick some serious today?" 

"I heard that we're going to be assigned our final teams today!" 

I thought about being teamed up with Chanyeol, but I pushed it to the back of my mind,

"Hopefully we all stay together, I know they might split us into groups with other people." 

We finally arrived home. The EXO boys were sitting in front of the TV eating popcorn.

"What are you guys watching?" Since there was no more room on the couches Sora, Soomi and I sat in front of the couch.

"Not sure, Suho wanted to watch it." Baekhyun shrugged, we turned to look at Suho who was dabbing his eyes with a tissue whispering, "True love beats all." We watched the movie for a few minutes but I quickly grew bored. I turned around and started to talk to Kai, who was sitting on the couch next to Chanyeol and Sehun. 

"Are you guys ready for training today?" 

Kai replied, "Yeah, I'm super pumped and ready to kick some ." I laughed, Kai was super enthusiastic about training, his personality was a lot different than what I would have guessed based on first impressions. 

"I think that once we're given our teams, we're going to start training in the Crystal Room, which means that the Kieran are going to be at their full power." 

Suho shushed us, "Shhhh, this is the good part!" I looked at Kai and the others, who also seemed to have lost interest in the movie. We decided to head upstairs and leave Suho to his movie. 

Everyone settled onto the floor of my room and we began discussing battle tactics.

"Hey Seulmi, do you have any neat tricks you can teach us?" I looked at Sehun with his curious expression. I bit my lip, thinking back to all the spells I had learned, "Hmm there is one spell, but I've never used it on so many people before." 

Sehun began jumping in place, "Could you perform it on us?" I couldn't say no, he was such a puppy. 

"Okay, I'm going to need everyone to link arms.. maybe we should get Suho too, I don't want him to feel left out." 

"I'll get him!" Sehun rushed excitedly down the stairs and a few minutes later brought Suho back. The movie had just finished and Suho seemed like he was still recovering from the emotional rollercoaster he just experienced. However, he didn't have time to recover as Sehun forced him to sit down into the circle that was formed. I gave Suho an apologetic smile and he smiled back telling me not to worry and that he was glad I remembered about him. I closed my eyes and instructed everyone else to do the same and link hands. I began to chant an ancient hymn and could feel the familar warmth moving through me. I sent out the first wave, to estabish contact with each person in the circle and could hear the boys gasp softly. I sent another one, this time to their heads. The chanting became slower as I focused on weaving my magic through each members mind. I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead, but this was a critical moment and I couldn't afford to mess up at this time. I crinkled my brow as I got to Chanyeol. His mind was a congregation of locks and mazes. I didn't want to be too intrusive so I was very careful when solidifying my magic into his mind. I sent the last wave to myself, weaving it through every part of me. I let out a long breathe and told everyone to open their eyes. Everyone seemed confused.

"I dont feel any different" Sehun exclaimed.

"Yeah me neither.. I still feel exactly the same."

How about now?

"WOAAAAHHH, I JUST HEARD YOUR VOICE IN MY MIND!!" Sehun looked shocked. I laughed and explained to them that I performed a spell that allowed them to communicate with each other, just like how my clan could. 

"This is so awesome!" Kai said while pumping his fist into the air. Suho and Kyungsoo fist bumped. Everyone was talking animatedly to each other. I started feeling dizzy so I stood to get a drink of water. But before I could take my first step, everything went black.