Six

Enchanting Death

Soomi takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, she begins chanting ancient hymns and we see the dummy come to life. It begins to attack itself and within minutes it's destroyed. Soomi's ability allows her to bring life into inanimate objects, however, she could only bring to life 1-2  objects at a time and the longest she's held her spell was 10 minutes. Lately she's been training to sustain her spells for 30 minutes with some success but it's taken a toll on her everytime. Once the dummy was sufficiently damaged, it was Sora's turn. I looked at the pile of broken dummies and felt a bit bad for them. I turned my attention back to Sora, who had already transformed herself into a wave of water and was quickly approaching the dummy, engulfing it and crushing it within her liquid form. Remiere brought out dummy number four, it was my turn. However, he then brought out four more dummies. I swallowed, I wasn't sure if my power was strong enough to destroy five dummies. Nonetheless, I stepped forward, closed my eyes and began to chant a spell, empowering my soul to amass into a visible form, an astral. It ebbed and flowed with a soft lavender glow beside me. I opened my eyes and aimed my astral at the first dummy. The contact between the dummy and my astral resulted in a loud crash, once the dust had cleared the dummy was nothing but ashes.

"Good Seulmi, but now I want you to attack all four at once."

I begin to focus again, my astral growing and it's movements becoming more violent, the room filing with sounds of vibrations and low hums. I attacked the four dummies, ashes. I reunited with my astral and stepped back. I looked over at the EXO clan and saw that they were just as impressed with our powers as we were with theirs. 

"I'm glad to have seen improvements with your astral projection Seulmi, and your transformation time has decreased sufficiently Sora," he turns to Soomi, " Soomi, I believe I have found a solution to allow you to harness your powers more efficiently." He then motions for Sehun to come over. Confused Sehun walks over to Remiere.

"I think you two would make a great duo. Soomi with your ability to bring life to inanimate objects, Sehun will be able to use his power against them. This will increase the the quanitity of your summonings Soomi, since Sehun will destroy them rather than you having to focus your powers into making them destroy themselves."

I look over and see that Soomi is pretty excited with this arrangement. I hold back a laugh, just earlier Sora and I were teasing her about how animated she gets when she talks about Sehun. We make eye contact and I hear Soomi's voice in my head

 Oh please Seulmi, as if you don't find Chanyeol attractive.

Damnit Soomi. 

 I hear her and Sora laughing in my head, sometimes having telepathic communication with your clan is a pain. 

"Now I'm going to begin pairing the rest of you off as we start training." 

" But there are 7 of us left sir." Suho pointed out.

"Ah yes, one group of three then." Remiere clarifies. He begins to put us into groups. Sora ended up with D.O while Baekhyun, Suho, and Kai made up the group of three. I internally groan as Remiere pairs me up with Chanyeol. I can't allow my feelings to become a distraction, especially now. With a resolve to not get distracted by this insanely attractive guy, I walk over to him.

"Ready to get started?" I ask.

"Sure. " he replies with a stoic face. Okay, so much for making small talk. I look over at Sora and Soomi who are engaged in a deep conversation with their partners. 

"Now that you're in your pairs I want you to follow me down to the restricted training rooms." 

Sora, Soomi, and I look at each other.

The restricted training rooms?!

There was always speculations about the restricted training room. The adults weren't allowed to talk about the kind of training that goes on down there so none of us had any idea what to expect. We followed Remiere as he led us down a dimly lit marble staircase. The air was cold and brisk. We stopped in front of a large door. I take a closer look and realize that the door is made of onyx, strengthened even further with magic. I found it weird that the door was made of onyx, but before I could ask Sora and Soomi what they thought about it, Remiere places his hand on the door to summon it open.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys are liking the story so far! ^^ I actually have a final on Thursday but I felt like writing LOL. Procrastination is the worst ;_;