Five

Enchanting Death

The light scent of flowers fill my nose and I open my eyes to find myself staring at the sky, clouds slowly float across in various sizes. I look over and my eyes widen as I realize who's laying next to me.

"Chanyeol?" my mouth is agape as he turns to me and smiles but before he can say anything I hear the faint sound of an alarm. 

I open my eyes and see the sunlight flowing through my curtain windows. I groan as I reach for my phone and turn off the alarm. It's 4AM and training starts in an hour. I roll out of bed, half asleep, and shuffle to the bathroom. After washing, I head downstairs and as I pass by Chanyeol's room I can't help but feel a bit excited. But I snapped back to reality, "You're the next high priestess Seulmi, you can't afford these distractions, there are more important things to worry about" I scold myself. I continue downstairs to find Sora and Soomi already gossiping about the newest residents at my house. I slide into the seat across from them.

"Morning guys."

"Morning Seulmi" they say in unison. 

"So Seulmi, did you hear? Today's training is going to focus on strengthening our personal powers, that means no laps and obstacle courses!" Sora hated laps and obstacle courses. Soomi laughed and added " I can't wait to see the looks on their faces once they see your power Seulmi." I flush, my powers were special yeah, but I constantly tell myself that there's always room for improvement.

"Both of your powers are no joke either" I say, Sora and Soomi shrug nonchalantly.

"Well all the powers are going to come out today, training is scheduled to be for the whole day, I hope the EXO guys are ready." Soomi states. Speaking of the EXO guys, they stumble down the stairs and sit themselves at the table. We make small talk as we eat a simple breakfast consisting of cereal, fruits, eggs and bacon.

All of us have gathered at the training building located in the farthest edge of the community. The building expands into the forest and includes multiple arenas, rooms built to replicate different environments, and even an underground training arena that's been restricted to me and the younger members of society. We're all listening to a speech about the importance of our training and how vital it is that we continue to expand our strengths and harness full control of our powers. After the speech we're led into the biggest training arena. The person in charge of our training is Remiere, who's been training me since I was a child.

"First off I'd like to welcome the new addition to this training unit and warn you guys that this kind of training is something that you might not be used to." I hear some EXO guys scoff. I smile, knowing full well that the training we're about to do is definitely not something they've ever experienced before.  

"I want to begin by assessing your powers and of course I will also be assessing you three's powers as well," Remiere looks over at me, Sora and Soomi. We nod and we begin to form a line.

"Alright, so, I want each of your to display your powers on this dummy" Remiere brings out a  wooden statue that he used to train the younger kids and places it about 20 feet away. First up was Suho, who began by... breaking his arm?? I'm shocked but I'm even more shocked when the dummy's arm breaks too. So Suho's basically a living voodoo doll, pretty cool, creepy, but cool. Satisfied Suho's arm mends and he steps to the side as D.O steps forward. D.O's power was really interesting as well, he cut the dummy by harnessing wind and creating a sharp blade with it. Chanyeol summonned a small army of zombies that attacked the dummy, which made Remiere bring out a new one. Kai was up next, he threw multiple daggers at the dummy and was able to control their movements, causing for the dummy to be slashed in hundreds of areas in just a few seconds. Baekhyun pricked each of his fingers and from each site grew a new arm that he used to strangle the dummy. Sehun was the last one, I remember that his power was using someone's guilt against them, how is it then, that he'd infict guilt upon a non-animate object? He couldn't. But that didn't stop him from taking out a sword and stabbing the dummy through the center of it's heart so I guess he knows the limits of his powers and found a way around it. I was impressed by all of their powers and soon it was our turn.