One

Enchanting Death

The bell rang, signaling the end of my torture. I groan whilst stretching my arms across the table and give out an audible yawn. Mrs. Soo gives me a disapproving look but I brush it off, class is over which means I'm free to sleep. Things had taken a turn for the worst ever since those scribes deciphered a part of the ancient text. The entire tribe went into chaos and the elders were up all night discussing who knows what. Eventually they decided that it was necessary to increase the training for all the young mages and to create stronger alliances with the humans. Just as I was about to dose off, someone tapped my shoulder. It was a light tap but it was enough to break my trance, I look up to see my best friend.

"C'mon Seulmi, Sora's waiting for us at the cafeteria!" She laughed a little at the dribble of spit that had escaped my mouth. I wiped it off with my sleeve and gave her a half hearted scowl. I follow her to the cafeteria where Sora was already digging into her lunch. I slumped on the table, fully intending to continue from where I left off. 

"Seulmi wake up!" I felt something hit my head and jolted awake, again.

"Guuuuys I'm so tired just 15 minutes" I whine. My friends roll their eyes and Sora continues to throw bread at me. I ignore the onslaught of Sora's bread attack and lay my head down.

"Don't you want to know about the new recruits coming in?" at those words my ears perk up and I turn to Sora, eyes beaming with curiousity.

"You mean the legendary EXO Clan?!" I had heard rumors that they were a clan of humans that held a lot of powerful magic. But, although they were allies of my tribe, they rarely reached out to help unless it was a dire situation and I was beginning to wonder if they were even that powerful. The discussion of the EXO clan continued until the lunch bell rang, signalling the end of our gossip session. Sighing we all got up and left to our classes, promising to continue the conversation through text. Luckily my next class was history, something I was actually good at. But 5 minutes into class I was called to the principals office. I wonder what they want me for? I make my way towards the big wooden doors to find mom standing near the principle's desk.

"Mom? Why are you here? Is something wrong?" I look into my mothers eyes and sense that everything's fine. 

The elders want you back, the EXO clan is going to arrive in an hour or so and they want all of the tribe to be present to welcome them.

Mom's voice floated into my mind. It was a normal thing, to communicate through telepathy. It was very useful during missions as well as times when there were humans around. I look at her and give her a slight nod.

"Principal Kim, I need to take my daughter for her checkups, would you please excuse her for the rest of the day?" 

"Certainly Mrs. Park, I hope everything goes well" he smiles as we head towards the car. I quickly send Soomi and Sora a text, telling them that I was on my to meet the EXO Clan.

From: Soomi

To: Seulmi

OMG You're so lucky! I heard that they have guys our age... and they're hot too! ;)

(xxxx-xxx-xxx)

I read her message and saw that Sora just sent me a text as well. 

From: Sora

To: Seulmi

When will they get here? Soomi and I will ask our parents if we could come! Wouldn't want to miss out on some eye candy! ;D

(xxxx-xxx-xxx)

I sent them both a reply saying to come to the gates after school ended. I tried to ignore my heart which was beating quite quickly, the thought of meeting the EXO Clan made me nervous and excited. I looked out the window on the way home and smiled when we stopped in front of a familiar structure. We had arrived at the huge gated community, the solice of the Alastrine tribe. Most people just assumed that it was the home of some very wealthy people but what they didn't see was the expansion of land behind the enclosure, which was partially hidden by enchantments. This was where your tribe trained and constructed buildings to fufill the needs of mages. Entering the gate, I could feel the energy of my tribe web through our home. I loved these people and I would protect them at all costs.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this fic so far! I'm so excited to write this and I hope you bear with me as the details continue to reveal themselves. Hahah pretty obvious who the EXO clan is huh? Anyway stay tuned and hopefully I'll be able to update soon! And please subscribe if you can! It'd mean a lot :)