The Hospital

Tangled

 

 

 

I continued to argue with Tiffany and her manager, but it was no use. They wouldn’t listen.

Sunny kept going on about me suing them for something and Tiffany probably apologized at least twenty more times… Ugh, and I swear if I hear someone ask me if I’m okay one more time I really might start throwing punches, jeesh.

It was just a bump to my head. It obviously hurt, but show me one person who just got hit in the head with a door say that it didn’t.

Exactly.

Once the throbbing stops and the headache went away I’ll be good to go. Hell, I’m good to go right now but they just wouldn’t let me.

I stood up to see if I could get the point across again, but became immediately dizzy instead.

“Oh my,” I said before sitting right back down on the sofa where I had moved to just minutes before.

That… that wasn’t a good sign, right?

It couldn’t be.

, what if I do have a head injury?! A quick visit to a doctor might not be such a bad idea then… right?

I hated to agree with myself this time but concussions and brain injuries were nothing to take lightly. I guess I would just have to figure out how to pay for it all later. I sighed.

“Fine,” I said cutting off their conversation. “I’ll go.”

As soon as Sunny heard me though, she was literally on the phone the next second. After a few quick words to whoever was on the receiving end she hung up and looked right at Tiffany and I.

Gah they work fast…

“Okay, oppa said he pulled my car around to the back exit and it’s waiting for us. You know where that is right,” Sunny asked the guy in a security jacket who came in a few minutes ago. He nodded. “Good, let’s go. Kwangmoo oppa you come too just in case one security guard isn’t enough.”

I stood up from the sofa so we could leave, but had to sit right back down… again.

“Oh god… dizzy,” I said while holding my head. It was that exact feeling I got when I stood up too fast in the mornings sometimes but multiplied by a thousand… on top of a throbbing bump and it totally .

Yeah… I might need to see a doctor more than I think.

This couldn’t be good.

“Come on you two, we need to hurry.”

I didn’t understand the rush since my head was still spinning faster than I could think, but I took a deep breath anyway and tried to stand again and I- uh-wait- huh?

“What the-“

“Let me help,” Tiffany said as she slid her arm underneath mine. “This is my fault, it’s the least I can do.”

I started to pull away but once the wooziness kicked in again and my knees practically gave out, her support really made a difference. Instead of needing to sit back down again, her arm helped to keep me steady and balanced as I took a step closer to the door.

Holy, I couldn’t believe that actually worked…

“Uhm, thanks,” I said questioningly. I’m not sure if I should be thanking her or not though; like she said she was the reason this happened in the first place.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said with a smile. “It’s not that far away.” I nodded and soon we were finally in the hall with Sunny and the two security guards.

“Okay, let’s try to make this a quick and quiet walk. The last thing we need is other people hearing us and-“

“Oh my god,” I said as I just remembered a very important detail.

Other people.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” her manager hissed.

Oh , right. Quiet… but I had to say something.

“What about my sister? And my friends? They need to know where I’m going,” I said. I don’t know if it was because my head was spinning or the possible concussion had made me momentarily stupid, but I completely forgot about them. Sunny’s eyes widened.

“Crap, I forgot about them. Uhm~,” she held out.

Glad I wasn’t the only one…

“Okay, I’ll go tell them and Kwangmoo will take you two to the car, got it Tiff?” She nodded. “Wait for me and then we’ll go… Go,” she shooed before turning in the opposite direction we were going.

Aish! Hold up.

“Just tell them I went home, okay? I don’t want them worried about me,” I said after turning around. Sunny turned to wave and before I knew it we were already walking again.

Whew~.

Knowing that my friends and Hyo will know at least why I’m not there with them made me feel a little better, but my head still hurt like a . Thankfully after another minute or so of walking though the dizziness that consumed my brain was almost completely gone! Thank god~.

Maybe I just had to be up and moving for it to go away rather than sitting down and waiting for it to leave on its own.

A headache I could handle, I mean it still hurt like no other but not being able to walk or let alone stand on my own due to a spinning brain… Ugh, I was glad it was going away sooner rather than later.

“I think I can walk by myself now,” I said softly as we walked farther down the bright corridor. “My head is feeling better.”

“Huh? Are you sure,” Tiffany asked. I hummed. For the past thirty seconds or so I wasn’t even using her arm for support really, it was just kinda there… in mine. I figured she would move it once she realized, but I guess she wanted to be extra cautious.

“Yeah, I don’t feel dizzy at all,” I assured.

“Ohh, well I don’t mind and we’re almost there anyway,” she paused. “L-let me just help you get to the car.”

Uhm…

“It’s really okay,” I said before physically removing her arm from mine. “I’m fine.”

It’s not that I didn’t appreciate her help and offer, but it was just weird.

Hell, I don’t even walk like that with Yuri and I’ve known her for a year! Walking arm in arm with a person that I’ve met twice was just... odd.

I heard her hum and we continued on our way… that was until just a second later when I felt her hand against my arm.

“If you start to feel dizzy again though let me know, okay?” I looked over to her widely smiling face and forced a smile myself.

“Okay, I will.” She let her hand linger for another few seconds and I could only wonder.

Was she this nice to everyone or was she being nice because she almost knocked me out?

Gah, I know this was her fault but it’s not like I’m dying… why is she trying so hard to be nice to me? I already told them ten times I wouldn’t post anything online about it or sue or do anything really! I don’t want people to know that Tiffany Hwang possibly gave me a concussion either.

They could cool it down a little, jeesh.

I was going to be so glad when this was over… Ugh. I just shook my head and kept walking behind Tiffany’s staff member.

We walked through a semi busy lobby kinda area and out the glass doors where there was a slick black mid-sized car waiting for us. It was weird to have almost all the eyes in the room looking in my direction when they noticed that superstar Tiffany Hwang was coming through, but since we were walking so swiftly and quietly no one had time to react.

The man opened the door for us and we quickly took our places in the back seat of the heavily tinted car. Seriously I could barely see anything since it was also dark outside. I bet whoever rides back here never needed to wear sunglasse-

“Uh-oh.” I looked at Tiffany as she worriedly looked out the window.

Uhm…

“Uh-oh what?”

“Nothing~,” she obviously lied. Her eyes were wide and the pitch of her voice shot up. I laughed.

Idols are bad at lying too? Hmm, you’d think they’d be professionals by the amount of they say on a usual basis.

“Seriously, what is it,” I asked

“It’s nothing,” she started. “It’s just that I think the fans over there saw me get in.”

Uhm… I looked at the five or six people standing ten meters away and didn’t understand.

“Okay?”

“If they know that I’m inside the car it’s just… Ugh,” she sighed “It’s never good.”

I internally laughed. Did she think the fans were gonna come all the way over here and surround the car too?

That’s just ridiculous. I knew fans and people in general probably flocked to celebrities they see on the street or while they’re filming somewhere or something but when the celebrity was in their car obviously trying to leave I doubt they would swarm. That was just too much.

What happened next though was so ridiculous I almost couldn’t believe it was happening. I didn’t want to believe it was happening, but it was.

It sure was.

To my disbelief the people outside that Tiffany had pointed out just seconds ago really did start to get closer… and closer… and-

“We can’t wait for her,” Tiffany said. I laughed again.

“Then what are we supposed to-” I felt the car rock a little and by the time I looked over at Tiffany she was already half way in the driver’s seat.

You’ve got to be ting me.

“Wh-what the hell are you doing,” I asked in disbelief.

“Taking you to the hospital,” she said as she maneuvered her way into the seat.

“I- What? You?” She started the engine and I seriously couldn’t believe this was happening. “Wh-what about your manager,” I asked quickly. We couldn’t just go by ourselves could we?

“She can meet us later or something, we just have to get out of here.”

I watched her put the car into drive and without hesitation she pulled away from the increasingly close group of fans.

My mind was blown.

Was she allowed to do this?

Heol… was she allowed to drive in the first place?

Don’t be stupid Taeyeon, she had to be. No one in their right mind would just drive a car in the crazy Seoul streets if they didn’t know how, right?

Right. I knew she was an idol and everything, but no one was that dumb.

She made a quick left turn through a very yellow light at the end of the street that definitely made me think otherwise though.

 “Y-you do have your license… right?”

“Of course,” she assured.

I let out a deep breath.

Thank god… That had to have just been a fluke. She-

“I’ve just never driven for real before.”

My heart dropped.

Oh god.

If the brain injury doesn’t kill me, this trip to the hospital definitely will.

__________________________________________

“I know Sunny,” the idol said over the phone. “I know. It was really stupid of me.”

Yeah it was, I agreed in my head.

Even though the rest of the car ride was thankfully smooth sailing after the first wild turn, I still didn’t understand why Tiffany left like that. I understood that the fans were getting close to the car, but doesn’t that happen on a regular basis for her?

I mean she even called that it was going to happen, like she must be used to it so why-

“Ugh,” Tiffany sighed. “I just didn’t want Taeyeon’s face captured in any of the pictures Sunny, you know how bad that would be for her. She would have been blasted all over the internet.”

Oh… wait… It was because of me?

Seriously… but I-

Heol, I didn’t even think about that though. If one of those people would have captured a picture of me with Tiffany my life would be over. She has thousands and thousands of crazy obsessed fans and I in no way, shape, or form want to be put in front of that many pairs of eyes ever.

Who knows what would happen…

 I guess that was nice of her to leave like that then, but she could have at least said something, damn.

“Okay,” she said thirty seconds or so later after she hung up the phone. “Sunny talked to the doctor that our company has within this hospital and he should be coming out to get us in a few minutes.” I nodded. “He’ll sneak us in, take a look at your head, and then sneak us right back out. No one should see us, but I have a hat or scarf or something you can borrow if you want,” she asked. I shook my head.

“Uh, it’ll be okay,” I replied. I highly doubted I needed to be that careful. She nodded.

“Okay then. Sunny should be here in ten minutes or so too so she can help sneak us back out… and take you home since my driving wasn’t the best,” she laughed. “Sorry about that.”

“Ani, don’t be,” I quickly replied. I did kind of feel bad for overreacting so much. It was her first time driving and she was only trying to drive to get me out of there so my freaking out in the backseat probably didn’t help… “Your driving was great, especially for your first time.”

“Really,” she asked almost instantly. I hummed.

“It was just that first turn that freaked me out.” She grinned.

“Sorry~, I wasn’t sure if I should stop or go so I just went,” she laughed. I smiled.

“I wouldn’t know either, I’ve never driven a car.” Her brows rose.

“Really?” I nodded. “Do you ride the bus a lot? Ooh,” she said excitedly. “Or the subway?” I hummed.

“Yeah almost always, or I walk… it just depends on where I’m going.” She sighed longingly.

“It must be nice~. I never get to ride the busses or go on the subway anymore. I would get mobbed in a second.”

A couple of minutes ago I probably would have scoffed at her over confident comment, but after witnessing the fans swarming the car I totally believe it. I could tell she wasn’t trying to brag or sound cocky too though. It genuinely sounded like she was jealous of me for being able to ride them.

Boy, were our worlds different…

“You aren’t missing much,” I commented. “The subway is always packed and the bus drivers are crazy.” She giggled, but I was serious.

The packed subways weren’t that bad honestly, only when you have to sit or stand right beside someone who obviously hasn’t showered in a few days. The bus driver ahjussis however, they were nuts. They will get you from one stop to the next no matter what it took. Honking, cutting other cars off, speeding… the list could go on.

“I guess I’ll have to take your word for it,” she smiled. I smiled back and-

Wait a minute.

What the hell are you doing right now Taeyeon? Since when do you just chat about public transportation with world famous idols?

Heol… what was I doing… and why would she even want to ride public transportation when she has a personal driver and manager to take her wherever she wanted whenever she wanted?

Ugh, no wonder why she didn’t know how to drive. Someone was always doing it for her… typical.

I guess I let my guard down for a little too long this time. Thinking about it again though, she probably didn’t leave for my sake either. I’m sure she just didn’t want pictures with me to be released to ruin her sparkly image.

She had celebrity friends out the , she obviously couldn’t be seen with me.

Ugh… idols.

We sat in silence for about twenty seconds or so until the doctor knocked on the window and told us to go with him.

Finally.

__________________________________________

The exam only took about ten minutes but I was even more relieved when the doctor assured me that I didn’t have a concussion.

“Really,” I asked. But wait! “How come I was so dizzy though?” I was still a little worried, I mean I’ve never been that dizzy in my life! The doctor grinned.

“Miss Hwang did ram a door into your head Miss Kim. You have a pretty nasty bump but I can promise you that there are no major injuries.” I nodded.

That made sense I guess. I’m just glad I didn’t get more hurt than I did. I can totally handle a bump.

“So she’s fine?”

Gah, they must be really concerned about me suing them or something…

“Yes Tiffany, your friend is just fine.” I internally laughed at the use of ‘friend’. “Just be careful next time, that’s going to be sore for a few days I’m sure,” the doctor said to me. “I want you to put an ice pack on it as soon as you get home.” I nodded. “And if you don’t have any questions you two are free to go.”

Well that was easy enough.

“Thank you Doctor Jo,” I said with a bow.

“Don’t worry about it. Any friend of Tiffany’s is a friend of mine,” he grinned. I forced a smile.

Yeah… friend...

“Let me go check with security and make sure the coast is clear for you two to leave, okay?”

“Ne~,” Tiffany said cheerfully. “I have to call Sunny anyway.”

Oh that’s right. While Tiffany’s driving honestly wasn’t that bad, I would definitely rather be driven home all the way across town by someone who has actually driven a car more than once.

“Yah, Sunkyu where are you? The appointment is over.” She hummed. “No Dr. Jo said she was fine, just a really bad bump… Yeah I’m glad too.” Psht, I bet. “Are you here though? Dr. Jo went to go see if we could leave and- WHAT,” she exclaimed. My head shot in her direction.

That didn’t sound good.

“Omo is everyone alright? Are you guys alright?”

That sounded even worse. Holy… I hope they didn’t get into an accident or anything.

After Tiffany hung up she explained that there was in fact an accident, but Sunny and her other managers weren’t in it. It was a big relief for sure, but the car they were riding in was right behind the cars that got in the accident. She said that they had been there for ten minutes and probably will be for another thirty… and that now she had to take me home instead.

Just great.

________________________________________________

 

OOOH! Sorry for taking literally forever to update! I’ll try not to let it happen again.^^

I hope this chapter was good enough for my 'come back', if not I apologize.
I'll try harder in the future. OTL

Let me know what you want to see next though!
I love hearing suggestion, comments, and feedback.

Part of my not updating was not totally my fault though, I was in Seoul for about three weeks and had zero time to write anything! Sorry~!

Seoul was amazing though I can't wait to go back! Hopefully it will help me when I write in the future.
I went to a few of the entertainment agencies to see if I could catch a peek at any idols too but I unfortunately had no luck with SM. I only saw a few normal staff members there.

At JYP however I got pretty lucky. I saw four of the 2PM guys and JYP himself! It was so weird seeing them twenty feet away from me when the only place I’ve ever seen them is on TV or the internet.

Thank you all for being patient though and I’m sorry I teased you guys with the "not an update" chapter. :p

<3<3<3