The Concert

Tangled

 

 

I had just finished the run through rehearsal for my concert later tonight and now it was time to get actually ready.

Since I came here straight from my apartment, I obviously needed to do a little bit of something with my hair and make-up before standing in front of thousands of people under the brightest lights ever.

Seriously, if someone were to look straight into one, they’d probably go blind. I almost have a few times…

I sat in the chair and let my stylist, Park Joohwa, start my transformation.

“Are we doing your hair wavy again,” she asked. Hmm, I shook my head.

“Let’s do it straight today,” I suggested. “My hair is always wavy.”

“Whatever you say Tiffany,” she smiled.

“I-”

“Miyoung-ah~!”

“Uh-oh,” Joohwa unnie said. “The boss is here.” I grinned.

“Yeah, she wishes,” I teased. “Sunkyu-yah~!”

“Good, you’re already getting ready.” I nodded.

“Right on schedule Bunny.” She hummed.

“Good, good… Oh, Jessica’s manager called,” she started. I froze, but the smile on Sunny’s face told me all I needed to know.

“Seriously? She’s coming?” Sunny nodded.

Oh my god.

“Her plane got in two days ago and I was told she had a few schedules first today and then she would be here.”

Oh my gosh, that was so amazing to hear. I haven’t seen her in at least two months.

More importantly though, why in the world didn’t she tell me she was coming back?

Jessica released her first English album not too long ago and had been in America ever since. Promoting on talk shows, doing commercials, and of course having plenty of concerts. I mean her album did stay in the top five for like six weeks… It was incredible for a Korean artist!

Ugh, it was going to be so nice to see my best friend again. I couldn’t wait.

Besides Sunny, Seohyun and Jessica were my closest friends for sure. Two years ago Jessica and I were on this show called ‘Fashion King Korea’ together and had been close ever since. Not only were our styles similar, we had so much in common that it was creepy. It was almost like we had no choice but to be great friends.

We were even born in the same hospital in the United States thousands of miles away from where we eventually met.

How weird is that?

I was glad though. Not only has she been in the industry for a while and knows how things work here, she’s also an American who speaks English fluently.

To have someone I could talk to naturally and without having to apologize for my, well… Americanisms, was rejuvenating. She understood everything I did differently without me having to explain why and I was so glad she was back.

“You’re gonna have to be careful though,” Sunny warned and I immediately knew what she was talking about. “The paparazzi are going to be all over you two.” I laughed. Like they weren’t always?

“What’s new?” She sighed.

“You know what I mean,” she said firmly. I nodded.

“I know, I know,” I replied… unfortunately.

The only fall back of us becoming such good friends out of nowhere and in such a little time is the rumors that idiotic people have started about us.

I don’t know why and I don’t know how- Okay. I do know why and how they started, but I really don’t know why they won’t believe us that they aren’t true…

They’ve only been going around for about six months, but thousands of people think we’re dating.

No joke.

We have blogs dedicated to us, stories written about us, and even our own couple name.

I thought it was kind of cute but at the same time crazy. Jessica was my best friend, why didn’t they see that?! We didn’t even do anything slightly romantic together!

It would be like me dating Sunny or Seohyun, which just would never work out… like ever.

Our companies have both denied that we were dating multiple times, but like always, no one believes them.

Seriously. A few months ago Jessica told me that her company almost set her up on a fake date with someone else to get the attention away from me. They didn’t want our names tied together or something.

I guess all publicity is good publicity in their eyes…

They never went through with it though. Jess told me that if they did, she would still have a dating scandal out there and I could go back to being the perfect little ‘Nation’s Sweetheart’ everyone expected me to be…

Her words, not mine.

So now Sunny thinks that they’re just waiting for me to screw up instead. That way they can clear Jessica’s name and I’ll still be in scandal city… our companies were rivals after all.

_____________________________________________

 

“Is she here yet?”

“No.” I nodded and waited a few more minutes before asking again.

Sunny sighed.

“No Tiffany, and if you ask me in another two minutes I’m smacking you.”

Well then… That was a little rude.

“Fine. I’ll stop asking then… Just tell me okay?” She hummed.

It was thirty minutes before my concert and I was twice as excited as usual.

I had already gotten dressed, attended the pre-concert press conference, completed an interview and warmed up yet again, but it all felt like it was going by so slow.

Was it because I was so excited to see my friend?

Within the next ten minutes though, my excitement level went through the roof.

My evil manager did not tell me when she got here; I don’t even know why I figured she would. I was in my own little world singing one of my songs to warm up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around thinking it was a staff member asking if I wanted something to drink like usual, but I was fantastically surprised when it was Jessica Jung’s stupidly perfect face I was looking back into.

“AH~,” I screamed. “Jessi you’re here!” She reciprocated my hug and wrapped her arms around my back as well.

“And deaf now, thank you,” she laughed.

“Oh, sorry,” I returned. “How are you? Why didn’t you tell me you were back in Korea you jerk?” She sat down in the chair across from me and I could see her few staff members greeting mine.

“I didn’t know how long I was staying at first,” she explained. “I thought I had a few schedules here and then I was going off to China.” I nodded. That made sense…

“But now?” She grinned.

“The company told the press earlier that I’m going to be ‘focusing on my Korean activities for the rest of the year’,” she said while making air quotes. I cheered again.

“That’s amazing Jess. Now we can finally hang out more often!”

“Yeah if you’re not being sent off to Japan again,” she griped.

Ugh, that was so~ last year.

“I promise I won’t… again,” I added while holding up three fingers. “Scouts honor… Right Sunny?” Sunny looked completely confused.

“Whaat,” she said poorly in English.

Oh… right.

When Jessica and I got together we usually spoke in English… quickly.

“Uh, I’m staying in Korea for a while, right,” I asked after switching back to Korean.

“Oh~,” Sunny held out. “Yeah, they’re thinking about having you release a single here soon in America. You won’t have to promote a lot though since they don’t really do all that much there.” I smiled.

“See Jess~.” She smirked.

“Uh-huh, whatever you say miss international pop star.”

“Yah! You’re one to talk you-“

“OH!”

I stopped mid-sentence to look at Sunny. That was an unusually stressed oh…

“What,” I asked curiously.

“Uh, well the security team said your backstage pass winner people are here and-”

Oh.

“I’ve got to go get them from down the hall.”

My.

“I’ll be right back Tiff, okay?”

God.

“Tiffany?” Her loud voice pulled me from my momentary mental breakdown and I hummed.

“Ye-yeah Sunny, that’s fine. Go ahead.” She nodded and quickly left the room, but I couldn’t believe it.

How in the world could I forget that they were coming too? With all the excitement and craziness flowing through my head because my best friend was in town, I totally forgot about the girl that I pretty much stalked to get her to come here.

Oh my gosh, I didn’t actually stalk her… did I?

No, of course I didn’t.

I just had people find the video her little sister sent in amongst over a thousand entries and then created a whole new prize just to see her again…

Okay wow, that did sound pretty bad now that I thought about it… but it definitely wasn’t stalking. I was just, uh… taking an interest in her… right?

I didn’t create the new prize just to see her either. Her little sister was a very skilled dancer for being so young.

Exactly. Hyoyeon deserved it, it wasn’t just because I wanted to see Taeyeon again.

Maybe I’ll even talk to Taeyeon about her sister joining our company.

Right. Hyoyeon was just very good… nothing else.

It wasn’t stalking at all.

I mean since Taeyeon was the only person besides my friends and family that has ever treated me like a normal person, it just captured my attention.  

I wouldn’t call that stalking… just intrigued.

Heck, even other idols treat me like an idol! Just because I’ve been in the industry for five years doesn’t make me inapproachable.

A girl needs friends too!

Especially friends that were extremely, extremely cute…

Oh gosh.

“Jess do I look okay?” She looked me over briefly.

“Sure, why? Nervous about meeting your fans,” she laughed. “Don’t want them to see the real Miyoung?” I faked a kick.

“Yah, I’m serious. Do I look okay?” She grinned.

“You look fine pabo, you always do…. Should I leave though? If they see us together wont they-“

“No, don’t leave,” I said quickly. I don’t know why, but I felt like having her here would make it less… weird?

“What about the rumors Tiff?” I shrugged.

“We can just tell them we’re not dating,” I replied. “They’ll believe me.”

“They better,” she sassed. “Being tied to you is really hurting my chances with other people you know…” I laughed.

“Oh like you can do better than me any way,” I teased. Her eyes grew and I could tell she was about to yell, but thankfully the door flew right open, cutting her off before she could even start.

Hellsica successfully avoided.

I stood up and watched Sunny walk in followed by a smaller girl I knew to be Hyoyeon holding the hand of the girl I had been thinking about way too often for it to be normal.

So we finally meet again.

I looked her up and down and smiled even more.

Her dark jeans hugged her legs impeccably and the crisp white t-shirt she wore was wonderfully covered by a baby blue jacket that just looked so good on her. Her dark hair lay perfectly straight down past her shoulders and her white shoes made the whole outfit pop.

Omo, how could she look that good this effortlessly?

I didn’t understand. She didn’t even have a stylist!

After I finished checking her out- I mean looking at Taeyeon, I noticed the two significantly taller girls that must have walked in after her and- omo… They were so pretty and- and staring straight at me. Right!

“Uh, hello everyone,” I greeted. “I’m glad you could all make it.”

“Hi Tiffany unnie,” Hyoyeon said shyly. I smiled.

“Hi Hyoyeon-ah~. Congratulations on winning! I had no idea you’d be that good.” I watched her grin grow as she looked at the ground. “Now I remember you and your unnie Taeyeon, but who are these two?”

“My name is Choi Sooyoung,” the darker of the two said loudly, without hesitation. “I’m 17 and a senior at Jeguk High School and-”

“She doesn’t need your whole life story Soo,” Taeyeon interrupted. I smiled.

“Ri-right,” Sooyoung said. “I’m a huge fan… this is awesome.”

“Ah well thank you Sooyoung-ssi, it’s really nice to meet you… and you,” I asked the other.

“Im Yoona. I’m 17 and a junior at Jeguk High School,” she grinned widely. “Unnie goes there too.” I nodded.

Note to self; find out where that is… for informational purposes of course.

Since we only had twenty minutes before my concert started though and it took at least five minutes to get that pesky microphone adjusted perfectly, we had to make this meeting unfortunately quick. I wish they could’ve stayed for an hour but the show must go on!

I introduced Jessica even though I’m sure they knew who she was and suggested we start with pictures.

Sunny said the company needs them for our website and I might look too sweaty and gross after the concert to want multiple pictures of me where people can actually see them.

“Okay let’s get one of just Tiffany and the winner,” Sunny announced.

“Hyoyeon,” I clarified. “Her name is Hyoyeon, Sunkyu.”

“Right… Tiffany and Hyoyeon.”

“C-can unnie be in it too,” she asked while holding her sisters hand.

Omo!

“Ye-”

“No,” Taeyeon said loudly, cutting me off. “You have to be in it by yourself Hyo, unnie didn’t win,” she smiled. “You’ve seen me dance.” The little girl laughed and it made me curious.

Was Taeyeon a bad dancer? Oh my gosh, I bet it was adorable.

“You’re right unnie,” Hyoyeon grinned. “I’ll go by myself,” she said before walking over to me.

I smiled at their conversation, but I was kind of bummed out I wouldn’t get a picture with her… or see her dancing.

Thankfully though I had another idea up my nonexistent sleeve.

Sunny took a few more pictures of us two before saying we were finished, I however had other plans.

“Okay that’s i-”

“Now a group photo,” I called out. Sunny shot me a look, but I ignored it like usual. “Everyone, come on,” I motioned for the three older girls to join.

The one named Sooyoung didn’t hesitate and Yoona also came over but Taeyeon didn’t budge.

What the hell?

“Aren’t you joining,” I said as I looked Taeyeon straight in the eyes. She shook her head.

“I’m okay, thank you. You guys go ahead. The less people the closer the frame,” she smiled.

While I was momentarily swooning over her smile, I was still utterly confused why this girl wouldn’t even take a picture with me.

Did she really not like me that much?

_____________________________________________

After all the pictures were done and after surprisingly finding out that Jessica’s assistant was another one of Taeyeon’s friend who later joined in the pictures thanks to Hyoyeon, Sunny said they had to go to their seats now.

Ugh, and still no picture with Taeyeon… not even a real conversation with her.

I guess I’d have to wait until after the concert.

“Mr. Yoo here will you to your seats and then bring you back here after the show for the additional meet,” Sunny explained. “We’ll have snacks along with the first and second place winners of the contest here too.”

“Okay, that sounds great,” Sooyoung said. I nodded.

“I’ll see you all after the show,” I smiled. “Bye Hyoyeon~!”

“Bye unnie~!”

The little girl walked through the door followed by the two taller girls and lastly- omo.

“Thank you for all of this,” Taeyeon said warmly with a bow. “This means the world to Hyo.”

“Uhm, uh... no, thank you,” I said back… wait.

Thank you?

Why did I-

“For,” Taeyeon laughed.

Uh, quick… think!

Ah-ha!

“For bringing her,” I responded smoothly. Assa!  “I-I’m glad you all could make it. I love meeting my fans and especially gifted ones like your sister. She’s very talented,” I smiled.

Gosh, I am so good sometimes. I pulled that one right off the top of my head.

“Thank you, I’ll let her know you said that,” she smiled again, forcing her eyes into the most attractive eye smile I’ve ever seen.

It was way better than mine and eye smiling was pretty much my trademark…

“Yea-yeah,” I smiled. “I hope you enjoy the show~!” She bowed again before running to catch up with her group and I let out a huge breath.

Jessica however, just had~ to ruin my attempt at calming down my racing heart.

“Stephanie Hwang Miyoung,” she said sharply. I was afraid I already knew where this was going by the sharp and accusing tone of her voice. Great. “What the hell was-“

“Don’t,” I said as I forcefully covered . I heard her say something under my hand, but I couldn’t risk it… not when Taeyeon’s friend was still in the room. “The friend,” I said softly. She looked confused for a second but then her eyes widened. She nodded and pried my hand away from her face.

“Hey Yuri?”

“Uh, yes Jessica-ssi?”

“Go with your friends.”

“Huh,” she said loudly. “But I’m supposed to be-”

“Do you wanna watch the show or not?” The girl looked frozen and I had to grin a little. Jessica’s nickname was the ‘Ice Princess’ after all… “I’m going to stay here the whole time and I won’t tell the CEO, so go.”

“Se-seriously?” She hummed.

“Go before I change my mind… and you totally owe me one, got it?”

“Yeah, of course. Thank you so much.” The girl smiled and bowed at least three times before leaving. Jess hummed again, but after Yuri left the room, I wish she hadn’t.

Jessica’s grin turned instantly evil.

“What the hell was that Tiff?”

“What was what,” I asked, playing dumb.

“Don’t even try that crap with me Tiffany Hwang,” she said in English. “You were totally flustered just now weren’t you? ‘I-I’m’ and ‘ye-yeah’,” she imitated. I cursed in my head.

I really hoped she wouldn’t catch that… Ugh, I was just glad we were alone in the room seeing as how Sunny and the rest of Jessica’s staff were all in the hall.

“Was it because of that girl?” I shrugged. “Wow~, the great Tiffany Hwang falls for a fan,” she laughed. “Wait till the press hears about this.”

“I didn’t fall for her Jess,” I defended. “I’m just… curious, about her.” She laughed even louder, but when she saw I wasn’t laughing, her expression froze.

“Holy , you… you’re not joking?” I shook my head. “Oh my god Tiff, you like that girl?” I shrugged again.

“I don’t know Jess,” I admitted honestly. “I just want to get closer to her for now I think.”

“Heol…,” Jessica held out, obviously shocked. “Where did you meet her? This can’t be the first time, right?” I shook my head.

“Of course not,” I responded. She let out a deep breath.

“Good, if you would have said yes I would have had to hit-”

“It’s the second.”

“HUH?”

“I know,” I said quickly. “I know how crazy this sounds, but I really can’t stop thinking about her Jess. I’ve looked for her at every fan signing since.”

“So you met her at a fan signing?” I saw her grin and sighed.

“That’s not important right now is it?”

“I guess not… but you better tell me the whole story Tiff, and soon,” she added. I nodded.

“Then will you help me decide what to do?”

“Of course Tiffany, but if you want my opinion right now I say go for it.”

Oh my… why did that answer make me so happy?

“What? Why?” She laughed.

“Because this is the first time I’ve ever seen you that flustered by someone other than BoA,” she grinned.

I opened my mouth to argue, but couldn’t.

She was absolutely right…

I don’t know if I just didn’t want to actually admit it or if it was because this all sounded equally as crazy in my head, but I think I might have a crush on Kim Taeyeon.

What do I do?

_____________________________________________

 

Whooops, I hope things aren’t moving too fast for you guys, if so let me know, I can always slow it back down!
People did request more TaeNy though… so be prepared!

Thank you all so much for reading, voting, subscribing, and especially commenting~!
It means so much to know that so many of you like my story!!
I’m in serious amazement of how many people already have so thank you all again and again!

<3333