The Backstage

Tangled

 

 

 

“Unnie that was so amazing,” Hyoyeon said for the eighth time since the concert ended… five minutes ago.

The same big man that led us out here to our seats showed up right after the lights went off to signal the end of the show and told us to follow him again.

We walked between the gates that blocked the fans from getting too close to the stage and the stage itself all the way around until we found the same door we came through just an hour and a half earlier.

“Yeah it was,” Sooyoung cheered back. Yoona hummed.

“I’ve never been that close to the stage in my life,” she marveled.  That was true, I don’t think we could have been any closer if we wanted to be. We were in the front row…

“Didn’t you like it unnie?” I looked down to see Hyoyeon looking back up at me and grinned.

“Yeah, it was good,” I responded honestly.

Even though I hate to admit it, it wasn’t bad at all. Actually to be completely honest it surprised me at how bad it wasn’t.

First off I figured the whole thing would be totally lip synched, I mean I thought it was a given. Shockingly though, it wasn’t… I don’t think she lip synched at all.

You could hear slight mistakes here and there, even though I don’t think mistake is the right word. Tiffany’s voice was impressive, idol or not. You could also hear her breathing more in some parts than others when she was running around the huge platform and if they were able to stage or fake all of that I think I would be even more impressed than I am.

She performs all the time doesn’t she? Does she really sing live at every single one?

I really wasn’t joking about her running around stage earlier either. Tiffany literally runs or frolics or whatever the hell you want to call it all around the stage interacting with her fans. She even got on these weird mini stages that move through the crowd so the fans farther back in the audience could get a closer look at her… which I still haven’t quite figured out yet.

Was there someone under there driving them or was it being controlled somehow?

Hmm…

Regardless, the amount of effort she put into trying to interact with the fans was surprising… but I guess that was her job.

‘Look cute and make the fans happy’ was literally the job description of being an idol so I guess she was doing a pretty good job.

“Wow~, Kim Taeyeon actually praising an idol? Did hell freeze over Yoong?”

“Not at all Soo,” Yoona laughed. “Maybe she’s finally been bitten by the Tiffany bug. She’s going to start obsessing like-”

“Uhn-uh,” I interrupted before she could even finish the joke. “I am bite free you brats and like I’ve said before, I don’t have a problem with the music. It’s catchy, fun and easy to listen to,” I explained for the thousandth time. “I just don’t get obsessing over the singer; that’d be like me liking Yoona because she had badass shoes on today.”

“Thank you unnie,” Yoong laughed before wrapping her arm around my shoulder. Sooyoung however gave me a sassy look as she brought her hand up in front of us.

“Yeah, yeah Kim Kill-Joy. Don’t take away my fun, alright?” I laughed.

“I wasn’t trying to Soo, I just-”

“Don’t worry unnie, I totally understand you,” Yoona interrupted. “We can let them fan-girl over Tiffany while we eat all the snacks.” I shook my head.

That would be the thing she was looking forward to…

How did I get stuck with these two as best friends?

_____________________________________________________

“Here unnie try this one,” Yoong said as she practically shoved the bite size snack in my face.

“Thanks,” I tried to say with my mouth still full. Yoona grinned.

“I wonder where they got these things though, they’re delicious,” she cooed.

While I definitely agreed that they were pretty damn tasty, I couldn’t help but wonder a few other things instead… like ‘where the hell is this girl’ for instance.

We had been backstage with the other winners from the dance contest for about thirty minutes and no signs of Tiffany yet. No one even came to give an excuse of what was taking so long…

We all saw her end the show, it’s not like she still had more performing to do. I didn’t get it.

When she came out just a few minutes later though, I totally understood.

Aish… seriously?

We waited thirty minutes just so she could change her clothes?

Instead of the bright pink stage outfit she ended the show with she was now wearing tiny black shorts, an oversized blue leopard print jacket, and- alright, I’ll admit the boots she had on were pretty awesome, but still.

Couldn’t she have just thrown on something really quick to come out and talk to everyone? I didn’t want to be here all night.

“Hi everybody,” she announced cheerfully. “Sorry it took me so long. The post-concert press conference and interview took a lot longer than I thought it would.” The people around her, including Hyoyeon and Soo, laughed. I-

Hold up, she did a press conference and interview? Just now? Then changed?

“But I’m here now and I can’t wait to talk to you all again… Oh and please help yourself to the snacks, I can’t eat them all myself,” she laughed.

She wasn’t lying there. In the room there was a pretty large table set with many different kinds of snacks and beverages that would give even the biggest of eaters a hard time.

Yoona, Yuri, and I had been hovering around the snack table almost the whole time while Sooyoung and Hyoyeon chatted with the other winners and their friends and family that came with them.

It was nice to see Hyo having a good time, but now that Tiffany was here it was even better. Hyo’s face was seriously going to hurt tomorrow from smiling so big nonstop.

“Are you going to Sooyoung’s after this?”

Uh, what…

“Huh,” I asked instinctively. Once I remembered what she was talking about though I hummed. “Oh, yeah. I am… I think I’m going to run home first and grab my uniform for tomorrow though.” She nodded.

On the way to the concert earlier Sooyoung suggested that we all have a sleepover at her house since she lives pretty close to where the concert was being held. I thought it’d be fun and since I have to work tomorrow morning I could even sleep in a little more than usual seeing as how she also lives a lot closer to the café than I do.

“Hyoyeon too?” I hummed again.

“I can’t leave her home by herself now can I?”

“Good point,” Yoona laughed. “We can go to work together then.”

Ooh~ that’s right. We had the same opening shift tomorrow!  

“Sounds good,” I grinned.

Soo didn’t know it yet, but I was also planning on leaving Hyoyeon with her while I went to work. She makes the best impromptu baby sitter sometimes.

Yoona shoved another snack at me just as I heard a door open again. This time it was Jessica Jung though.

“Damnit,” Yuri cursed. “I have to go, I don’t want my dad to find out about this.”

“What? You totally fangirling over his rival company’s artist,” Yoona teased. I laughed.

I mean she wasn’t really lying… Yuri loved it almost as much as Hyo and Sooyoung did.

“Yah, I did not… I just cheered like any normal person would have done.” Yoona hummed.

“Sure you did~,” she said sarcastically. Yuri groaned.

“Whatever, I’ll see you guys later okay?” We both hummed and said bye before Yuri went to Jessica’s side once again.

To our surprise though, she was back just a few minutes later… with Jessica Jung in tow.

What the…

“Omo, a-annyeonghaseyo,” Yoona quickly greeted. I followed suit and did the same.

“Hello~,” she greeted back. “I don’t think we got properly introduced last time.”

Uhm, okay? It was pretty straight forward from what I remember, but whatever.

“My name is Kim Taeyeon, it’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” she smirked.

Huh? Smirked?

Why the hell is she smirking?

“How old are you?” What the…

Did it really matter? I internally scoffed.

Maybe once she finds out I’m younger she’ll start talking down to me or something. From what I remember from Hyoyeon’s idol babble and the internet always talking about her, Jessica Jung is supposed to be sort of a , right?

“I’m 18.” Her eyes widened.

“Really? What month were you born?” I grinned.

I caught her in her own trap… She must be 18 too.

“March,” I replied. “Why?”

“Heol… You’re older than me by a month,” she laughed. “No reason though, you just look younger… I was curious.” I nodded.

While that was a pretty smooth cover up I’ll admit, I still didn’t buy it. Why would she be curious about my age when I’m literally never going to have to talk to her again?

It didn’t make sense.

“Yeah,” I replied. “I get that a lot.” She smiled.

“I’m sure,” she said smugly. “Well, I gotta go now… Let’s go Yuri-yah, oppa’s pulling the car around.”

“Okay,” Yuri replied. “Bye guys, see you later.”

We said our goodbyes again and this time to Jessica too before the two finally left the room. As soon as they did though, I had to ask.

“What the hell was that?” Yoona shrugged.

“I was just about to ask you unnie,” she laughed. “That was odd.”

I had to laugh now. Odd was an understatement.

That was just plain weird.

To my dismay, it only got weirder.

Yoona, the parents of one of the other winners, and I were all around the snack table on one side of the room while Hyo, Soo, Tiffany and all the other winners and such were on the other chatting away.

“Let’s go talk to her unnie,” Yoong suggested. I grinned.

I knew she was going to crack.

“Go ahead, I’ll stay over here.” She sighed.

“Just come over for a minute,” she said while grabbing my hand. I pulled away.

“I’m really fine Yoona, you go ahead.” I watched her shoulders rise and fall once again with another sigh.

“I’m sure Hyoyeon will appreciate you talking to her favorite unnie~,” she imitated. I groaned.

While I hated when she made her voice get all whiney like that, she had a point.

It would make Hyoyeon pretty happy that I talked to her favorite idol with her…

“Aish,” I sounded. “Fine, just promise to never do that voice again.” She grinned her huge playful yet evil smile and I knew what she was going to do even before she did.

“I promise unnie~,” she cooed in that same annoying tone. I threw a quick punch, but she ran just in time.

Ugh, that choding… she does remember that were sleeping in the same place tonight, right?

I took a few steps but then another thought popped in my head.

I should be the awesome friend and big sister that I am and bring Hyoyeon and Sooyoung a snack.

They’ve been standing over there for at least forty five minutes and haven’t had even one yet. In Sooyoung’s world that was probably unheard of…

I knew they wouldn’t be able to take a step away from their precious Tiffany either so I grabbed a napkin and looked for what they would like the most.

Hmm, Hyo likes chocolate so I’ll take the last one of these for her and-

“Excuse me?”

I quickly looked up and saw that a short, blonde haired girl was looking at me.

Uh-oh, that also meant she was talking to me… What did I do though?

Omo, did she want the last cookie or something?

Ugh, since Yoona ate all the others I should probably give it to her too…

“Oh, uhm sorry? Did you want-” I dropped my sentence as soon as I saw her head shake back and forth and… wait a minute. Isn’t that-

“No, thank you,” she smiled. “I’m Tiffany’s manager Sunny, and she wanted me to find out if she could talk to you for a minute or two in private.”

HUH.

“Why,” I asked confusedly.

Why in the hell would Tiffany Hwang want to talk to me in the first place, let alone by myself?

“It’s about Hyoyeon,” the blonde responded.

Okay, now I was even more confused… and a little concerned.

“Why? What about Hyoyeon,” I asked urgently. “Did she-”

She shook her head again.

“That, I’m afraid I don’t know Kim Taeyeon-ssi. Tiffany just asked me to see if it was possible to talk to you alone.”

I just… What in the actual hell was going on today?

First Jessica Jung acts rude and bizarre around me and now Tiffany Hwang wants to talk to me about my little sister?

Were all idols this freaking weird? Maybe it was a good think I stayed away from them.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi?”

“Oh,” I said after being pulled back to the conversation. “I guess so.”

I mean if it was about Hyoyeon I can’t just ignore it, right?

“Very well,” she smiled. “Follow me.”

The blonde turned around and started walking away and- wait.

Right now?!

Where are we going now?!

 

_____________________________________________________

 

After I was led a few doors down to what I figured to be Tiffany’s dressing room based on all the clothes racks around, her manager told me that Tiffany would be in in a few minutes and that I could just wait here. I didn’t really understand why I couldn’t just wait out there until she was ready to chat so I wasn’t in here awkwardly by myself like I am, but whatever.

I clearly don’t get to make the rules.

I spun around in the swivel chair a few times before pulling my phone out to play a game. That game however turned into five and soon in to nine and then-

“Aish~,” I sounded aloud.

My stupid phone’s battery died.

Since Hyoyeon took so many pictures and videos of the concert on my phone, and made me take even more while she was jamming out, my battery was pretty low from the get go. I guess I just didn’t notice the dwindling number in the corner showing my battery percentage while I was busy playing every single game I have on my phone… multiple times.

UGH.

Why the hell was it taking her so long?

All she literally had to do was tell her groupies to hold on a second, come tell me whatever it was that she needed to about Hyo and go back.

It wasn’t rocket science, I’m sure even an idol could figure it out.

I leaned my head back and spun myself around a few more times in the swivel chair, but this was torture. It’s been twenty minutes and not even a ‘she’ll be in soon’…

I’m sure my friends noticed me not being out there for so long!

Well… maybe not since Tiffany clearly hadn’t left the other room yet.

I decided to give them two more minutes, and exactly one hundred and twenty seconds later I stood up.

That was it.

I’ve had enough waiting.

At this point I don’t even care what she has to say about Hyoyeon, I- okay… I still cared but whatever it is I’m sure it’s nothing life changing. I mean if they made me wait by myself in this idol’s dressing room for twenty minutes just to tell me something stupid I really might kill somebody.

Well I guess if it was important and they made me wait like this I’d be even madder though…

Ugh!

Why couldn’t they just tell me in front of everyone? Send me an email? Text?

Literally anything other than making me wait for so long…

Whatever, I’m leaving.

I took a few steps toward the door and reached for the knob, but just as my arm left my side to grab it, I heard it turn. The next thing I know I’m on the ground and-

“OH MY GOD~,” I groaned as the excruciating pain unfortunately kicked in. I moved my hand to where the source was on my forehead but I think it made it worse, if that was even possible. “Ow-ow,” I muttered repeatedly as the pain continued to throb and escalate with every passing second.

What the FU-

“Omo! Did I hit you?”

I froze.

I didn’t know whose voice that was but when I opened my eyes just enough to see without being blinded by the now bright as can be lights, I immediately shut them again.

I- She… ugh.

You have got to be ting me.

Tiffany freaking Hwang struck again… literally.

I don’t know if I momentarily lost my mind or something upon impact but it was all too obvious now what had happened.

That idiotic idol must have flung the door open as hard as she possibly could right at the same time I was trying to open it myself. It hit me right smack dab in the forehead and I could totally feel a very painful and very tender bump forming on my hairline.

“Are you okay?” I chuckled.

Really?

“Does it look like i- oww,” I winced again… getting angry hurts.

“Holy… We-we need to take her to the hospital.”

UHM.

Hospital?

“H-hospital,” Tiffany asked anxiously. Sunny hummed.

“Tiff you just plowed her down with a door, what do you think?”

“I don’t know,” she said anxiously. “Are you okay?” I nodded.

Even if it was a lie and my head still hurt like a , I did not want to go to the hospital. We couldn’t afford it.

“I’m fine,” I reassured. “Just a bump.” Sunny laughed.

 “Just a bump?” I nodded. “Why do you keep squinting then? Isn’t sensitivity to light a symptom of having a concussion?”

Omo, a concussion?

Heol… This couldn’t be a concussion, right?

“Oh my gosh, Sunny we have to take her to a hospital,” Tiffany said worriedly. Sunny hummed, but I really couldn’t have this.

“I’ll call oppa to have him-“

“I’m seriously fine,” I interrupted. “I don’t need to go to a hospital.”

They both looked blankly at me.

“I promise,” I said while attempting a grin. A piercing pain shot through my head though and-

“See, you’re not okay. Let’s just go and-“

“No,” I said, interrupting again. “I don’t need to go, okay?”

“Taeyeon-ssi, please,” Tiffany said. “Let’s just make sure you-“

“I’m fine,” I said a little louder.

It obviously wasn’t going through these idiots’ heads.

“Kim Taeyeon, you-“

“I DON’T NEED TO GO TO THE-“

“I’ll give you front row tickets to Tiffany’s next concert if you stop yelling right now,” Sunny said urgently as she kneeled down beside me, matching Tiffany’s already kneeling pose. “We do not need you to make a scene, got it?”

I just shook my head. Did they really think that was an incentive? Or were they trying to buy my silence?

Since I’m here I’m obviously a fan~… I would do anything to see her face once more, even if it meant letting her hit me in the skull with a very hard door.

Psht. Yeah, okay… Not all of us worship the ground she walks on.

“I don’t want tickets to her stupid concert, I just wanna go and-“

“Yep she definitely needs a hospital,” Tiffany’s manager said, cutting me off. “Now.”

 

___________________________________________________________

Ahh~! Sorry it took so long!
Please forgive me!!!

I hope this chapter isn't too bad!^^
Tiffany and Taeyeon needed a bit of a push to get closer and what's better than an impromptu hospital date visit?


Let me know what you think! :p

Thank you all so much for reading, voting, subscribing, and especially commenting~!
It means so much to know that so many of you like my story!!

<333

 

PS. I'm going to Korea in about a month or so and I was wondering if any of my wonderful readers knew anything about being a part of the studio audience for any of the variety shows there/ how to get in the audience of any of the music shows?!?

If so please message me or leave a comment!
It would be 5000% appreciated.