The Meet

Tangled

 

 

 

I could hear the sounds of the busy Seoul streets outside and realized I must finally be awake. I stretched my arms as far they could go and took a deep breath.

“Ah~ Saturday,” I sighed. Usually I wouldn’t be this happy, but today was different. Today was special.

Not only did I not have to go to school today, but I didn’t have to go to work either. It was my first day off in two weeks and I-

“Taeyeon! Hurry up,” I heard a voice call from the other room.

UHM…

“Why,” I questioned loudly. Why the hell did I need to hurry and do anything today?

The last time I checked I was spending the whole day in bed to prepare for the double shift I worked tomorrow… and because I was still dead tired from working last night.

“You have to watch your sister today,” my mom hollered back.

What!?

Since freaking when?!

I hopped out of bed in a hurry, almost tripping over my little sister’s shoe in the process. Ugh, that girl I swear… She never… Ugh, never mind that. I had a bigger problem ahead of me.

“What do you mean I~ have to watch her,” I asked as soon as I opened the door. “Today is my day off and-”

“Taeyeon please,” my mom said exhaustedly. “One of the nurses called in sick and Seungwan knows I could use the extra hours.”

“But I-”

“Please just do this for me Taeyeon-ah,” my mom said while putting a few more things into her bag.

I could see the tiredness in her face, hell I could even hear it in her voice… and realized I had no choice. I sighed.

.

“Fine. I’ll watch her mom. Don’t worry,” I smiled… even though I was dying a little inside.

I was really looking forward to my free day, but since my mom asked and it involved my sister, how could I refuse?

“Thank you sweetie,” she weakly smiled back. “Hyoyeon listen to your sister today okay? Behave yourself at that thing,” she said before looking at her watch. But wait…

What thing?

“Oh shoot, I have to go now. I’m already running late.”

“Ne~ umma,” Hyoyeon said back sweetly. I quickly said my goodbyes to her as well, but my mind trailed back to the ‘thing’ Hyo needed to behave at…

Did she have an appointment? A playdate? A-

“Unnie hurry and get ready. We need to go soon and you can’t leave the house like that.”

Aish, that little… ugh.

“What if I want to go like this,” I teased.

Although I like to dress comfortably, I figure these worn in gray pajama pants and this giant holey t-shirt was a little too much.

“Unnie,” Hyoyeon said worriedly as her eyes tripled in size. I laughed.

“Aigo~, my gullible little Hyoyeon,” I cooed. “Of course unnie has to change, did you really think I was going out like this?” She shrugged.

“I don’t know unnie, sometimes you wear some pretty questionable things.” I laughed again at her expression.

“Yeah, yeah, thanks Hyo. I really appreciate your sincerity,” I laughed. “Where are we going anyway? Do I have to dress nice or can I wear whatever?”

I figured if we have to go the doctors or something I might want to look a little nicer than usual but if it was pretty much anywhere else I could just dress casually.

“We’re going to see my favorite unnie~,” Hyoyeon said dreamily.

Huh? What is she talking about?

Her favorite unnie?

She only has one unnie and that’s me! Who the hell was she-

Oh no…

I don’t know if it was just too early, or my brain was so overworked recently that I couldn’t think properly, but after looking at the thing she was holding ever so tightly in her arms, I knew all too well.

Ohh no~, I internally groaned again.

“That unnie,” I asked as I pointed to the CD case in her arms. She nodded happily and I thought of a few words I couldn’t possibly say in front of Hyoyeon…

“I won tickets to her signing remember unnie? Tickets! That means I really get to meet her today,” she said excitedly. I grinned at her excitement for I don’t think I’ve seen her this happy since that stupid unnie’s CD came out a few weeks ago, but it quickly faded when I remembered that I would have to see her too.

Not only that though, I’d have to be surrounded by her fans all day until the stupid event was over, hear her music… well her music isn’t that bad but still.

Idols are one of my least favorite kinds of people and Tiffany Hwang is the biggest one of them all…

This was going to be one long day.

__________________________________________________________

 

I figured the event would be busy, I mean it was for Tiffany Hwang who was the Nation’s First Love or something equally as ridiculous. I guess I didn’t realize just how busy until we were a block away and people already filled the sidewalk.

“No freaking way,” I mumbled. It was the exact definition of chaos.

“It’s fine unnie. Since I have tickets I get to go to a special line,” my little sister thankfully informed.

Seriously, if we had to wait behind all these people there was no way in hell Hyoyeon would be seeing her today… probably not even next month.

“Okay, well hold my hand or something Hyo. I can’t lose you in this crowd.”

“Unnie~,” she groaned.

I know it was probably embarrassing for her or whatever but I didn’t care. There were seriously hundreds of people on this street right now and I’m not tall enough to search over everyone. Hell, I’m not much taller than Hyo!

“Yah,” I snapped. “Hand or we turn around right now.” She growled again before finally taking my hand.

“Fine. I’m letting go once we get in line,” she said sassily. I hummed.

“Duh~,” I sassed back.

She led me through the crowds of people all wearing, holding, and even shaking pink colored things around before we finally reached the building the event was happening in.  

It was about freaking time.

There were a few big men in suits near the front too so I figured they would be the ones who knew what was up because I have obviously never been to something like this before.

“Excuse me sir I-“

“Lines closed kid, can’t you read?”

Uhmm. Okay, didn’t have to be a jerk about it…

“My sister has tickets though,” I said flatly.

“Back of the pink line,” he said equally as short.

Oooh~, if I wasn’t being quickly led away by Hyoyeon, and weighed like two hundred pounds more than I did, I would have definitely given him a piece of my mind.

How can he just talk to people like that?

After spending five minutes in this line though, I knew exactly why he was acting like that.

These fans were crazy.

No joke.

100% certifiably insane.

Like lock these people up already holy crap.

The boy in front of us has been crying the whole five minutes, seriously, and the girl behind us was now singing another one of Tiffany’s songs aloud… and totally off key.

Ugh, the things I do for my sister…

Since we still had a few more hours to wait though, I thought I would do something for myself so I don’t start losing my mind like all these other people clearly have.

I decided to call my best friend to see if she would come hang out with us while we waited. I knew she had the day off and she usually doesn’t do anything anyway so why not?

“I was in at Tiffany,” she said on the other end of the phone.

“You won’t get to see her. Hyo only has two tickets and she wants me to go in with her for some reason,” I told her. “I think she’s nervous or something.”

“Yeah, yeah. That’s fine. As long as I get to breathe the same air as her I’ll be good.”

“Wow… Seriously? I knew you liked her, but this?”

“She’s a goddess Taeng, you watch your mouth.” I laughed.

“Whatever you say, just hurry… bring snacks.” She laughed on the other end again.

“Girl, you know I’m bringing snacks. See ya!” The line cut off and I just shook my head.

Choi Sooyoung was a rare breed.

While I waited for my friend to get here though, I couldn’t help but notice how quiet my sister was being. It was odd and totally cute.

Normally she was the complete opposite, but now that she’s meeting her favorite idol she’s gotten all shy.

Seriously, that girl had energy flowing from everywhere always, but today it was nowhere to be found.

She was completely star-struck and it was adorable.

Tiffany was her favorite idol and she had wanted to meet her for so long that I was glad she finally had her chance… even if it meant I had to meet her as well.

Ugh, oh well… At least Hyo was happy, and that was all that mattered today.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

I had given up standing, for my legs were already starting to hurt.

It was even worse when I thought about how we still had two hours before the event started and another god knows how many before the line actually reached her inside.

I didn’t count or anything but we’re definitely not in the first hundred maybe not even two hundred people in the ticketed line… how many people did they give the tickets to? Jeesh. Even in the hour we’ve been here the line has grown a lot.

Was she really going to see each person here? That would take forever.

They must have pre-signed things up there to hand out or something. I can’t even finish writing a paper for school before my hand starts to hurt. I-

“The fun has arrived~,” I heard my best friend’s voice sing. I grinned.

She finally arrived. When I saw what, or who, she had brought with her, I knew why it took so long.

“Yah it’s a good thing we’re tall or we would have missed you completely on the ground like that shorty,” my other friend laughed.

“I told you to bring snacks Sooyoung, not shikshins,” I laughed as I got up to hug my other best friend, Im Yoona.

“Hey, we brought snacks too Tanego,” Yoona grinned as she pulled my favorite gummies from her bag.

“Wah~ thanks Yoong.”

“I was the one who bought them,” Soo pointed out. I smirked.

“Thank you Sooyoungie~,” I cooed. These two were like family and I was so glad

“And Yuri was the one to pick them out, so we all helped a little,” Yoong grinned.

Wait, Yuri was here too?

I didn’t see her though…

“That’s more like it. Here kiddo,” Soo said before tossing a package to Hyoyeon as well.

“Thank you unnie,” she said politely with a bow.

“Omo, what’s wrong with her?” The look on Yoona’s face was priceless.

“Nothing, she’s been like that since we got in line,” I explained.

“She’s in the presence of a goddess guys,” Soo said matter-of-factly. I sighed. “Some people,” she said, obviously meaning Yoong and I. “Just fail to recognize it… huh Hyo?” She hummed.

“Right unnie.” Soo grinned.

“See, I knew I liked her more than yo-“

“You’re about 220 people back,” a huskier voice interrupted. What the- oh.

So Yuri was here…

It wasn’t a bad thing, and I guess we were friends too… but it was always so awkward with her. I never knew what to say.

I’m not sure why, but she was always really quiet around Soo and I. She was Yoona’s friend originally and since Yoona is so close to us, Yuri was kind of being forced into our friend circle whether she liked it or not. I didn’t mind, I thought she seemed like a cool person actually.

Now that I’m thinking about it though, I could definitely find a few reasons why she was so quiet around us.

If anyone ever spent the day with Sooyoung and Yoona combined, they’d be lucky to get a few words in. Those two talked all the time.

For some it would be annoying, but for me it was perfect.

Even though they designated me the ‘leader’ of our friend group, I didn’t talk nearly as much as they did and everyone was okay with that. I mean we’ve known each other for so long that words weren’t even needed most of the time. We could tell what each other thought with just a glance.

Hell, Sooyoung could read me so well that it was annoying. I hated her for it sometimes.

Yuri however had just joined our circle within the past year and I’m sure it wasn’t the easiest transition since the three of us originally are so close…

She didn’t help much either though since she was so quiet around us!

It wasn’t just our fault!

“Okay,” Sooyoung asked confusedly. “Why did you count?”

“Yeah unnie, is that what took you so long?” Yuri hummed.

“My family is in the entertainment industry so I know a bit about these kind of events,” she grinned. “The first 250 people are so usually always guaranteed. After that it all depends on time.”

That blew my mind.

“Only 250?” Yuri looked taken back, but I guess I was a little loud… whoops.

“Y-yeah,” she stuttered.

Good one Taeng, scare off Yoona’s friends with the first word out of your mouth…

Whatever.

“But everyone in this line has a ticket. Aren’t there way more than 250?” She hummed again.

“Just because you have a ticket doesn’t mean you’ll get to see her for sure. It just means you might when all these other people out here won’t at all… It’s all just a gimmick to get people to buy her merchandise and try to get her tickets.”

Wow… what a shady business they-

“Wh-what? I won’t get to see unnie?” I quickly turned to see Hyo’s distraught face and could’ve hit Yuri right then and there.

“No, you will Hyoyeon,” I quickly reassured. “Yuri said we were in the first 250 so we’ll get to see her. Right Yuri?”

“Y-yeah Hyoyeon. You’ll get to see her… it’s just all these losers behind you won’t,” she said in a playful whisper. Hyoyeon grinned.

“Really?” Yuri hummed.

“Of course. I know you will.”

_______________________________________________

 

What Yuri didn’t know however, was that the K-pop Princess, or whatever the hell her nickname was, was going to be forty minutes late to the event.

Ugh…

I was annoyed, but I had to keep a cool face on for Hyo. I didn’t want her to think I was angry or anything, she would only put that on herself.

I guess it really does run in the family…

The line finally started to move and the boy in front of us began sobbing.

Seriously…

I swear these people are messed up.

“Yah, Hyoyeon are you gonna cry like that too?”

“Nope. I-”

“I might for you guys,” Sooyoung blurted. “I’ve always wanted to meet her.”

“Me too,” Yuri added. “She’s not from my dad’s company so I’ve never gotten the chance, but I hear she’s even prettier in person.”

“Ugh, if you touch her, don’t touch anything else until you see me okay?”

Uhm…

“No…? That’s just weird Soo… I’m gonna pretend you never even said that actually,” I laughed.

It took another thirty or forty minutes until we were at the entrance and that was where we had to part ways with my beloved, yet creepy friends.

“Hey do you want to hang after this,” Soo asked. I knew I had nothing to do and Hyo was equally as free so I didn’t see why not. Plus Hyoyeon does love hanging out with her unnies.

“Sure, I’ll call you?” She hummed.

“Yeah, we’re just gonna go over to Starbucks while we wait,” she said pointing across the street. “It shouldn’t be too long.” I nodded.

“Okay, sounds good. I’ll call ya.”

Just like that they were gone and we were being told to enter the building.

Hyoyeon’s grin was off the charts… even though there were still fifty or so people ahead of us.

“Are you excited Hyo?” She nodded like her life depended on it. “Are you gonna be able to talk to her,” I laughed. She cleared .

“Of course. I have too…”

That tone made me a little worried and it only became more and more every step we took closer to the idol.

We still couldn’t see her, but as the music became louder Hyo got stiffer. It was actually pretty adorable how nervous she was… until I realized that if she couldn’t talk I would be the one that had to talk for her… Oh just gr-great…

Oh my god.

The line had moved ahead of us and the large man that was blocking our view from… well, everything was finally out of the way and Tiffany Hwang was in full sight.

 

EHMNMxz.jpg

 

We were still about twenty people away, but from here I could tell that her looks were no joke.

Heol, no wonder everyone liked her. How could you not?

She looked perfect.

Her wavy brown hair fell perfectly around her slim face and her smile was one for the record books.

I know I didn’t necessarily like the girl, but I couldn’t lie and say she was ugly either. I’d be stupid if I didn’t think she was the least bit pretty.

The way she was talking to the little boy in front of her was nothing short of adorable as well.

She looked so excited and intrigued by his conversation and that’s when I quickly snapped back to reality.

Not only was Tiffany a huge international singer, she was an actress. Movies, dramas, hell she’s even done Broadway… in America. If she couldn’t feign enthusiasm during small events like this, there is no way in hell the directors and PDs would have accepted her for the roles they did.

Well… I guess they could’ve. I mean it was only her name they needed. She could play an actual tree in the background and her crazy army of fans would make sure the ratings soared through the roof…

Gah… it would seriously be one pretty tree though.

We moved closer and closer and once we were five people away Hyoyeon grabbed on to my shirt. I grinned.

“You okay Hyo?” She timidly nodded. “Are you sure?” I heard a small hum, but once we were the next person in line to go, I could feel my shirt being pulled even more into the girl’s fist and-

“Okay, that’s it everyone,” a large man called out. “Tiffany has another schedule and this is all the time she has with us today.”

My mind stopped.

I heard the fans behind me start to get upset and whine, but Hyoyeon was frozen in place.

I could see the disappointment on her face and the tears welling up in her eyes and I knew I had to do something.

Oh no.

Nooo~!

We did not wait in line for four and a half hours to turn back now.

“We want to thank you all for coming out and-“

“You’ve got to be ting me.”

“A-and hope to see you all next time~,” he finished saying loudly.

Oh my…

“Are you really going to do this?” I felt Hyo tug on my shirt, but I wasn’t going to stop here.

She was so excited to meet her favorite idol and now her dream is being quite literally crushed before her eyes. We were the next people in line for god sakes… it’s not our fault your little heiress was so late.

“Do what miss,” the man asked, pissing me off even more. Pshht, like he didn’t already know.

I scoffed.

“Not let us go up! We waited five hours in line for this and you’re not going to let her in t-“

“I’m afraid I can’t do that miss. If we let you go it won’t be fair to the other people behind you in line either. They waited just as long I’m sure,” he grinned.

Grinned!

I let out a deep breath.

This … Tiffany had seriously just finished meeting with the crying boy in front of us, I really don’t see why one more would affect her.

“But-”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t do anything for you miss,” he smirked again.

UGH.

“I’m gonna wipe that-”

“Ahjussi,” a sweet yet husky voice called out, interrupting my threat.

He quickly turned to look at the owner just as I realized who must have spoken.

Heol… Tiffany Hwang?

She was smiling at the man now from behind her table with the biggest grin.

“Let them through, I have time for one more.”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Woo~!

A huge thank you to everyone that had subscribed without even having a chapter posted.
It means so much to know that you were all already interested in my story.

I hope the first chapter didn't disappoint!^^

Thank you all for reading!<3

 

 

ps. The picture I used in this chapter is not mine, but I did leave the credit on there. If this is your picture and you want it removed just let me know!