Five

resignation

Jungkook didn’t know that his hyungs had the ability of stealing and kidnapping in them. He remembered precisely that none of the members had ever bought any full size pick-up truck as their private car. Jin and Hoseok were into sedans, while Yoongi was more of a motorcycle kind of guy although all he ever did was to consider buying it. Namjoon might be the only one who would be into trucks, but Jungkook never knew the guy ever bought one in their seven years time as a group together. It wasn’t that Namjoon didn’t have the money to buy it, he just thought the money was more useful for other things in his life, like buying his parents house. Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook never really had any thought of buying their own cars because Jin and Hoseok were enough as their private drivers, plus the company provided them with cars and drivers whenever they wanted.

So, Jungkook didn’t really know whose truck they were using at the moment. Heck. Jungkook didn’t even know what the hell was happening because when he opened his eyes from an afternoon nap, Jin was pulling the needle carefully from his hand he didn’t know if the eldest was allowed to do that, and Jimin was gently urging him to the bathroom to change his hospital gown. And, the moment he stepped out, they dragged him out to the lobby, surprisingly, without any nurse stopping them on the way. Then, Namjoon showed up with the truck, Taehyung and Hoseok were sitting at the back of it. Jungkook only had a few seconds to frown at those two before Jin pushed him into the car. Yoongi had been sitting casually next to him, only letting out a small hey, while Jimin joined Taehyung and Hoseok on the back.

Jungkook turned to Namjoon on the driver seat once they all had settled in. “Are they allowed to sit there?” he asked while pointing at the back window that separated him and Yoongi with the other three on the back with his thumb.

Yoongi gave a slight glance to the window and smirked when he caught Jimin hitting Taehyung in the head and Hoseok was laughing hysterically at them. For the first time in a while, they actually seemed happy. All of them. And, when he turned to the front, he caught Namjoon’s eyes from the rear-view mirror. “They’re not, I guess,” he chuckled and looked at Jungkook, “but, we’re gonna be fine.”

Jungkook stared at Yoongi. Slowly, he sat back and relaxed himself. He took a deep breath. He didn’t want to have any attack right after he left the hospital. Wait—Hospital! He widened his eyes and looked at Yoongi again. Yoongi only looked back with a small frown. And, somehow, the way Yoongi acted like everything was normal calmed him down. Because if he could be honest, he felt ecstatic for leaving the hospital early and slyly, making him felt alive and normal like a bunch of carefree boys they were years ago.

“We need…to buy some snack. The kids are not going to survive hours of trip without lots and lots of snack,” Jin said from the passenger seat while looking at the map.

Namjoon nodded his head thoughtfully. “Yeah, we’ll stop at the rest area.”

“Where are we going?” Jungkook asked.

Jin turned his head to him and smiled. “Your hometown,” he answered before looking at the map again.

“Busan?!” Jungkook shrieked, “It’s like six hours driving from here!”

“Yeah, we know,” Namjoon answered casually, eyes never left the road.

“You remember that beach we went to during our last fan meeting in Busan, Jungkook-ah? The one when we almost got into trouble for being late for our flight back to Seoul?”

Yoongi looked out of the window. “Good times,” he said lightly.

Jungkook was positively confused.

“Do you remember what beach was it, Jungkook-ah?” Jin looked at him again and his eyes were sparkling, full of spirit and happiness.

Jungkook nodded. “Dadaepo beach?”

“Ah, that’s right,” Jin turned back to the maps and point his finger along the paper, trying to find something, “Dadaepo. Dadaepo. Dada—found it! Dadaepo beach! I’ll mark this so it’ll be easier once we reach Busan,” he said to Namjoon.

“I guess we have to make more than one stop. I don’t want the kids back there to fall sick,” Yoongi said to Namjoon and the younger nodded.

“Got it. We have a week off, many stops won’t hurt at all,” Namjoon said, dimpled smile on his cheek.


They had been on the street for not more than three hours when they made the fourth stop. They weren’t too far from Seoul yet because the drive was slow for the people at the back of the truck, but they had fun and that was what the trip was all about.

They planned to catch on something more to eat and rest their bodies for a little while. Then, Jin was going to take over the steering wheel and Namjoon would handle the map. Jimin had practically begged Yoongi to change so he could sit inside, and none of them knew how Jimin could get what he wanted from Yoongi most of the times, but Yoongi gave in. Hoseok and Taehyung didn’t really complain sitting on the back because Namjoon was a pretty good driver, unlike his usual destructive reckless self, and the wind was cool to their faces. Jungkook had finally relaxed himself and got along happily. He tried so hard at first to ignore the big bruise on Taehyung’s right eye, but the silly boy acted like he was so excited with the whole experience that influenced Jungkook to be excited too. He didn’t know what the hyungs were planning and he didn’t have any intention to know, because surprises were nice in times like this.

They were going to get into the car to continue the trip again when Jungkook suddenly stopped walking, catching the sight of the beautiful sunset from the parking lot. Yoongi had climbed onto the back of the truck with Hoseok and Taehyung, when he suddenly stood up and got worried that something might happen with the youngest. Jimin caught Yoongi’s concerned eyes and he looked at Jungkook himself, walking back to where Jungkook was standing. Namjoon and Jin also stopped in their places, Hoseok and Taeyung turned to Jimin and Jungkook, and they all looked at the two.

“What is it?” Jimin asked.

Jungkook glanced at him, and then smiled softly when he looked back the sun while pointing at it. “The sunset, hyung. Isn’t it beautiful?”

Jimin followed Jungkook’s finger and smiled too when he found the pinkish sky. “Yes, it's pretty indeed. I don't remember the last time I watch a sunset.”

Jungkook laughed as his hand fell back to his side. “You know, once you’re dying, you’ll appreciate your surrounding more. Even if it’s just a sunset view from the parking lot.”

“You know what? You don’t deserve a sunset view from a parking lot,” Jimin said suddenly and Jungkook looked at him confusedly, but Jimin just smiled back at him before looking to Jin. “Hey, Jin hyung! Can we go there to watch the sunset?” he asked, pointing to the top of the hill that stood between them and the sun. It was going to block the sun soon from their view, so Jungkook wouldn’t be able to watch it entirely gone to the other side of the earth.

Jin and everyone else looked at the hill that Jimin was pointing at. It didn’t look too far from their place. “I don’t know. But, I guess we can try to find a way,” the eldest said, shrugging his shoulder.

Jimin jumped happily. He pulled Jungkook’s hand. “Come on! We have a sunset to catch!”

“Wait, hyung, wait!” Jungkook held back and Jimin turned to him.

“What?”

Jungkook shook his head and smiled at Jimin. He thought it was a beautiful scene; his hyungs looking at him excitedly, waving at him to hurry while the wide pinkish sky, the orange ball of sun, and the hills stood tall on the background. He captured the image with his eyes and closed them, saving it for good in his mind. When he opened them, Jimin was watching with curious eyes. “Let’s go,” he said, pulling Jimin excitedly to the car.

Jin started the engine and drove fast, trying to guess which way to go, guided only by the sun and the hill. The road was kind of bumpy because it was getting smaller and farther away from the highway.

When the car swirled a little because Jin tried to avoid another bump, they all could hear Yoongi yelling for Taehyung to sit the down, you’ll fall down, you ! Jin pushed his head out of the window a little bit, and yelled, “Sorry, boys!”

“Just get us there soon! I want to throw up!” Hoseok replied.

Namjoon laughed at that. “Thank you, grandfather, for the truck!!” he beamed happily and Jungkook laughed loudly at that.

They were getting so close to the hill. It was right in front of their eyes when the car stopped abruptly. “!” Jin cursed, his head almost hitting the steering wheel.

“Jin hyung, language!” Jimin said, mimicking Jin whenever one of them cursed and Jin, being the polite one in the group, scolded them as he regained his sense back from the shock.

Jin laughed apologetically, but his eyes didn’t leave the top of the hill. “The path is blocked,” he said, looking to the front where a big tree trunk barricaded the road.

“Let’s walk from here,” Jungkook suggested.

“What? No! What if it’s still far from here?” Namjoon said automatically, because walking meant excessive breathing and rapid heartbeat, which also meant no good for Jungkook’s condition.

“It doesn’t seem like it though,” Jin said, still observing the way to the hill, “and it’s going to be nice walking in the woods at this hour, with this weather,” he smiled up to the sky.

There was a knock at the back window and they all turned around. Yoongi stared back at them. “Are we ever going to move?” he asked sarcastically.

Jimin chuckled. “Yes, we’re walking from here,” he said and got out of the car, followed by Jungkook, Namjoon, and Jin.

Yoongi groaned while Hoseok and Taehyung climbed out of the truck. “Do I have to go too? We’re not walking, more like climbing!” he whined.

“You’re a lazy big baby,” Jin said.

“Oh, come on, hyung! You said you want to have fun! Come on! We’re not living anyone behind in the car! We’re going to see the sunset together!” Hoseok reached out a hand to help Yoongi down the truck.

It didn’t actually need a long thinking for Yoongi when all six of them stared at him with hopeful eyes. He took Hoseok’s hand and climbed down. “You’re all serving me food tonight,” he grumbled.

They walked through the woods. The path to the hill was surprisingly clear from any obstacle, like people often pass through it.

“Come on, come on,” Jimin said, leading the way and putting the sky above as the finish line.

Jungkook was panting but he hid it well, or maybe it was because he got excited too and had a motivation to reach the hill. He even got to touch the small tree trunk and leafages along the way, feeling them scraping his fingers without wounding them. He was really happy that they decided to take a walk through the woods. He needed the fresh air.

“We’re here,” Jimin announced as he took one final big step, and he and Taehyung broke into a run immediately, racing each other to the end of the hill where they could see what was down there.

“Guys! You’re gonna miss it!” Taehyung yelled and gestured them to come closer.

Jungkook jogged to their spots, and that made Jin and Hoseok jogged with him too out of instinct, while Yoongi and Namjoon walked slowly and watching them. They all were amazed by the view. They stood on top of a hill which they thought wasn’t high enough. But, it turned out Seoul was spread out right down in front of them with the sun on the background. They had already gone to beautiful places for schedules, but they never found a place that looked that pretty before.

Jungkook stared at the sunset. Half of it was already gone behind the mountains. The sky was clear, no clouds and nothing blocked their view from the sun. Jungkook giggled happily. “Thanks for leading us up here, Jimin hyung,” he said and turned to Jimin who smiled back at him. Jungkook looked at the bright orange sky again. “Thank you for trying to find a way here, Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung. Thank you for cheering everything up, Hoseok hyung and Taehyung hyung. And, thank you, Yoongi hyung, for not giving up.”

Yoongi ruffled the back of Jungkook’s hair. “It was nothing, kiddo.”

And, they stood there, capturing the moment with their eyes, copying Jungkook’s action of saving the picture in their minds, planning on making the whole album of this journey once they got back to home safely and happily.


They decided to build a bonfire there because Taehyung had insisted to wait for the stars to show up. 

“It’ll be pretty, hyung!” he begged loudly while reaching his hands up to the dark sky.

Namjoon agreed. “Yeah, we can grill something here.”

“But, it’s our dinner for tomorrow,” Jimin said.

“And, we can always buy it more on our way tomorrow,” Jin replied softly while pulling him to the woods to get their stuffs at the car.

“I’ll help,” Namjoon volunteered, dragging timid Hoseok with him to the woods because ah it’s dark, too dark, the woods—

“I’ll just stay here with Taehyung and—“

“Hyung!” Hoseok and Namjoon yelled at the same time without turning their backs.

Yoongi sighed frustratedly. “Don’t you know there are thorns in the woods?!” he mumbled.

“Aren’t we supposed to help them? We’re the maknaes, hyung,” Jungkook turned to Taehyung.

Taehyung just shrugged. “If Namjoon hyung doesn’t scold us, we’re not doing anything wrong. And, it’s not like there are so many things to bring anyway,” he said, laying down on his back, using his hands as his pillow, “let’s just lay down here and enjoy the night sky.”

Jungkook smiled and joined Taehyung on the ground, pillowing himself with Taehyung’s thigh. They kept quite for a while, listening to the wind and night’s little creatures around them.

“Did it hurt?” Jungkook asked, finally breaking the silence.

“What?”

“Getting hit by Yoongi hyung?”

Taehyung chuckled. “Not really, that hyung is smaller than me.”

“He’s not that small compare to you. You still got that huge bruise.”

Taehyung laughed too. “True. He’s pretty strong. I didn’t expect that.”

“You shouldn’t have expected the punch, hyung, not the power. None of you should have punched each other for me,” Jungkook said sadly.

Taehyung probed his back up with his elbows and looked at Jungkook. “None of us should have ever punched each other for anyone. We’re brothers. And, that punching incident wasn’t your fault. It was ours for being too emotional. Okay?”

“Okay,” Jungkook mumbled softly. His gaze never left the sky.

They got quite again. And, Taehyung lifted his thigh a little bit to break Jungkook’s daydream.

“Sleep,” Taehyung commanded.

Jungkook snorted. “You sleep. I’m not tired.”

“Liar.”

“You know what,” Jungkook said, “let’s fall asleep together.”

“No!” Taehyung shook his head, “One of us needs to take the watch. What if there’s a tiger, or some sick going around here? I’ll take the first watch and you go to sleep. I’ll wake you up when they’re here.”

Jungkook laughed. “You’re ridiculous, hyung,” he said, but he really couldn’t deny that the drowsy effect from his morning medicine hadn’t ran out of his system yet. And, he could never lie to Taehyung. So, he closed his eyes and got lost in the dream world.


“How could you boys fall asleep like that on the ground? No sleeping mats, no blankets, and no proper pillows?” Jin ranted about and squatted down next to Taehyung and Jungkook, “Yah. Wake up, you’ll miss the meat,” Jin tried without even touching Taehyung.

“Hm? Meat?” Taehyung asked as he rubbed one of his eyes.

“So sensitive when it comes to meat, huh?” Jin shook his head.

Taehyung let out his signature rectangle smile and giggled childishly.

Jin ruffled his hair and stood up. “Good thing that you’re cute. Wake Jungkook up, will you? He needs to eat his medicine. And, do it carefully, please?”

Taehyung nodded while sitting up. “Yes, mom,” he answered and waited until Jin was gone. He looked around to see Yoongi and Jimin were grilling the meat. Hoseok and Namjoon were nowhere to be found. Then, he looked down to the maknae who slept peacefully on his thighs, not moving at all since the last time he checked on him. “Jungkook-ah,” Taehyung shook Jungkook softly. He watched as Jungkook’s chest moving slowly up and down. He thought he was overreacting but that was what happened when your friend was dying. He always made sure that Jungkook was breathing properly. “Hey, Jungkook, Jin hyung will eat all of the meat if we don’t wake up now. And, I can’t wake up if you don’t wake up. Come on, brat,” Taehyung said, trying to move his legs up and down. And, it actually did the magic because Jungkook stirred a little bit.

“Ugh, when did you sell my bed? Why does it feel so hard?” Jungkook mumbled and squirmed around until his head slipped off to the ground with a soft thud.

“Ouch!” Taehyung said and cupped Jungkook’s cheeks with his hands, “You okay?”

Jungkook opened his eyes. “Doesn’t hurt at all, hyung,” he whined and yawned, before sitting up.

“Oh, God,” Taehyung laughed quietly.

“What?”

Taehyung shook his head and stared back with smile on his face. “I don’t even remember the last time I saw your wake up face,” he said, admiring every inch of Jungkook’s face, appreciating his friend in front of him, wondering why he never really looked at Jungkook.

“We didn’t sleep that long, hyung, my wake up face isn’t that bad,” Jungkook said, closing one of his eyes sleepily.

“Oh, you sleep long enough,” Hoseok said as he passed by casually with tree trunks in his hands, Namjoon following from behind with the same amount of trunks.

“Boys, up, now! Jungkook, go prepare the eating utensils. Taehyung, help Hoseok and Namjoon build the bonfire,” Jin yelled command from his spot near Jimin and Yoongi.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, wanting to ignore it five minutes more.

“Now, children!”

“Yes, ma’am,” Taehyung and Jungkook answered lazily and stood up slowly to do the chores. But, they both laughed after that, because they loved it when it felt normal, like they were just two ordinary boys with their family.


Okay,” Namjoon said with some authority in his voice that was quitted down their laughter, although smile was still hanging on their lips, “which is more embarrassing? Jimin fell down on his on Happy Together or Yoongi hyung forgot to zip his pants up on last year’s concert?”

“Wait, hyung forgot to zip his pants up?!” Hoseok said in shock.

They all broke into another laughing fit, except Yoongi.

“Okay,” Yoongi tried to explain but it was hard when they all laughed too hard, so he waited a few more seconds until they regained their composures back before trying again, “first, I didn’t forget to zip my pants up, okay? It was ing broken! Second, it was ing leather pants! We all have scary experience with them! And, third!” he said, turning around to Jimin, “You fell on national television!”

Taehyung shook his head, unable to say anything without wheezing. “B—but, hy—hyung! No one beat—beats your—fly!!” Taehyung laughed again hysterically which triggered the rest of them to laugh hard again.

“There was Taeyeon noona and Yoona noona on that episode!” Yoongi retorted back.

Jimin stopped laughing for a while and thought about another retort, before he started laughing himself again. “Your picture became a meme, hyung!”

Hoseok sunk deeper on his seat. “Nothing beats that indeed!”

Yoongi puffed his cheek out in frustration, but, honestly, he wasn’t upset at all. How could he when the six of his best friends were laughing for hours now, enjoying their togetherness without worrying what to wear to look cool at the airport in a few hours, the lack of sleep, the never ending diets, the harsh comments, the long weary practices, the unfinished songs in the studio, the deadlines for their next album material, the concept, and all the whole world. None of those things were mattered now. No critics could be heard in his ears, because they were filled with their laughter and silly jokes. It was enough for Yoongi.

“Hyung, come back,” Jungkook nudged him from next to him and Yoongi realized he was daydreaming. The laughter had died and everyone stared at him weirdly.

“Why are you smiling?” Taehyung asked suspiciously.

“No reason,” Yoongi answered, but still had a smile on his face.

Jungkook put his head down on Yoongi’s shoulder. “I still think hyung’s the coolest though,” he giggled affectionately.

There were tons of protests from his other hyungs but Yoongi only rolled his eyes at them while putting his hands on Jungkook’s shoulder and pulling him closer to him.

That night, they fell asleep under the stars, without proper pillows under their heads like they always had back at the hotel rooms while being on tour. That night, they only had a four hours of sleep but none of the tiredness clung onto them like some kind of plague when they woke up in the morning. That night, the wind brushed onto their skins directly and they shivered slightly from the lack of thick blankets, but they had each other’s warm bodies around. Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon barely had a few hours of sleep for watching over the younger ones, but they smiled and laughed when they were awake, they joked around, spitting memories out of their mouths, pulling their little brothers closer to them to warm their bodies, and Jimin would snuggle deeper to Hoseok’s neck, and Taehyung mumbled incoherent words on Namjoon’s shoulder, while Jungkook moved closer on Yoongi’s lap.


1. I AM BACK!! So, yeah! I'm a senior in college right now. I actually have so many spare time because my remaining classes don't have crazy schedules like the previous years, BUT the assignments are hell insane! I'm an engineering student and the final year means two things; lots and lots and lots and lots of designing, and final project *sigh* Writing has actually been an escape for me for the last couple of days. Let's just hope I can finish this soon :)

2. It's a happy chapter. Yeay! I hope it's not boring because I'm not really good at describing the scene UGH the drama will come soon enough, I know where I'm going to take this story to (I guess)

3. Yes! I was inspired by their latest video for The Most Beautiful Moment In Life Pt. 2! HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN IT! I BET YOU HAVE! UGH I LOVE SUGAKOOKIE!!!!!!! THAT EXPLAINS WHY I'M A BIT BIASED TOWARD SUGA IN THIS CHAPTER :) Does it show?

4. OH MY GOD 61 BEAUTIFUL SUBSCRIBERS!! Thank you for waiting patiently >.< I'm going to work hard in the future. I LOVE ALL OF YOU <3

5. I GOTTA GO BECAUSE I HAVE PRESENTATION FOR TOMORROW, A PAPER FOR FRIDAY, AND AN INITIAL DESIGN FOR THE NEXT MONDAY. KILL ME NOW!! *whisper* I'll try to write whenever I'm stuck though, don't worry