Ten

resignation

I am back quite early, aren't I??? It got me soooooo excited that it's coming to the few last chapters so I sped up writing this. Hopefully I can end this story next week since the two final chapters are almost ready too.

I'm sorry if I ruin this. I want these three chapters to be the perfect ending :''(

SO HERE WE GO!!! ENJOY:)))

 

 


Two weeks passed by after the concert. Bangtan halted all of their activities to spend more time with Jungkook in the hospital, after he submissively admitted himself that he needed help. There were some small individual projects but they never missed a day without staying with the maknae. Every time they came by from the office, there were always little presents and letters from their fans wishing him to get well soon, because that concert wasn’t a good-bye, right, oppa? And, Jungkook shed a grateful tear for each words they wrote.

The doctor and his team stated that Jungkook had made several improvements. But, really, who were they kidding? None of them really bought their hopes when most of the days were spent with Jungkook being awake for not more than twelve hours, and the younger got skinnier with each passing second it felt like the bed could swallow him up.

One morning Namjoon who spent the night in the hospital woke up with red code when Jungkook couldn’t breath and choked on strangled air in his throat. It was the most unpleasant thing to wake up to and Namjoon swore he did not want it to ever happen right before his eyes anymore. And, ever since that, the oxygen mask never left Jungkook’s mouth and nose unless he was eating.

“Are you okay?” Namjoon asked one day, when they were alone again.

Jungkook nodded sleepily, but he smiled. Liar.

“Beach is nice during these days, isn’t it, hyung?” Jungkook said, eyes closed, voice sounded so far away like Namjoon was watching a memory in his head.

“It’s going to be cold soon, Jungkook-ah,” he answered while tucking Jungkook’s blanket to his neck and made sure that the youngest was warm enough.

“It’s going to come soon, hyung,” he said, Namjoon thought he was sleep-talking.

“What is?” Namjoon leaned more onto the bed, paying attention although Jungkook might not going to remember this conversation the next time he was awake.

“I want to die on the beach,” Jungkook said again and he shifted slightly, positively falling back to sleep without knowing how crushed Namjoon was.

Jungkook wanted to die on the beach. Namjoon wanted to die right there immediately.

 

The curtain falls and I’m out of breath

I get mixed feelings as I breathe out

Did I make any mistakes today

How did the audience seem

I’m happy with who I’ve become

That I can make someone scream with joy

Still excited from the performance

 

Jungkook had another episode on Wednesday afternoon in front of Yoongi and Hoseok, and he chocked on his pudding while wheezing for air. Hoseok ran out to call for the nurses, while Yoongi tried to calm him down, but the youngest cried in his suffering and Yoongi's eyes were watering while cupping Jungkook’s cheeks. He never realized when the doctor and his team came into the room with so many machine to help Jungkook, then Hoseok pulled him out.

They both slumped down on the floor in front of Jungkook’s room, leaning against the wall, listening to the busy shuffling from inside. Hoseok hugged his knees while the nurses coming in and out of the room next to him—he tried not to care so much. Yoongi closed his eyes, looking tired as hell, tears kept streaming on his face. They didn’t comfort each other anymore, because the only one who could comfort them was inside, fighting for his life.

Jungkook barely woke up for the next two days and every time the doctor came to visit, he only gave a little pat in their shoulders, murmuring a sincere apology, and left without explaining any further detail.


“Hyung,” Jungkook whispered. When there was no response, he called a bit louder which caused him a fit of cough and Jin scrambled out of the bathroom.

“Sorry, sorry,” Jin said, wiping his wet hands to his pants, “what do you need, Jungkook-ah?” Jin leaned forward onto the bed.

“Where are the other hyungs?” he asked softly.

Jin smiled softly. “They’re on the way here, don’t worry.” Jungkook nodded his head, and then mumbled something that Jin couldn’t catch. “I’m sorry, can you repeat that please?”

“I wanna go to the beach,” the maknae said breathlessly.

Jin was caught off guard, because there was no way Jungkook could go in this condition. He could barely make everyday without choking on his own breath, let alone unplugging the machine he was connected to for a beach.

“Jungkook-ah, your condition isn’t really good now,” Jin tried softly.

“Hyung—“

“Tell you what. I’ll go ask the doctor once you’re fit enough, okay?”

“And when will that happen?”

“What?”

“When am I going to be fit enough to go out? Hyung,” Jungkook’s eyes were sad, although he smiled, “hyung, take me now before I’m not able to,” Jungkook’s way of talking was practically begging and Jin could never resist those eyes, not when he was healthy and especially when he was desperate about his own life.

“But, I’m scared too, Jungkook-ah,” Jin pulled Jungkook’s hand and rested his lips on the back of it and cried, “I’m scared of making a mistake. I’m scared of taking you away from here and—and it’s too late,” Jin buried his face on Jungkook’s arm as he cried.

Jungkook chuckled. “Hyung,” Jungkook took his hyung’s head back up again with a single touch and Jin was sobbing helplessly, “don’t cry and don’t be scared. You know this life is the happiest I could ever get and I’m not regretting any single of it. Even if you don’t take me to the beach, it’s okay. It really is. And, it’s going to be okay too eventually. We all know that.”

Jin shook his head and laid his head down again on the bed. “It’s not okay, Jungkook-ah, it’s not. Stay with me, please, stay with me.”

Jungkook smiled and his hyung’s hair tenderly. “I’ll stay with you forever, hyung. I’ll stay. It’s okay.”


“He wants to go to beach,” Hoseok informed them as he glanced back into the room and watched Jimin lulling Jungkook to sleep with Taehyung hugging Jungkook in his arms.

Yoongi sighed. “So, he told everybody, huh?”

“He told you guys too?” Hoseok asked and Yoongi, Jin, and Namjoon nodded solemnly. “So, what do we do?”

Jin shrugged. “I guess, we have no other option, huh?”

“But, it’s dangerous!” Yoongi whispered harshly and Jimin turned to them slightly.

Namjoon smiled at Jimin until the boy turned his attention back to Jungkook, before he talked tiredly. “Well, him staying in the hospital could be dangerous too.”

“What’s your point?” Yoongi demanded impatiently.

“My point is,” he stared into Yoongi’s eyes, looking very much annoyed, “what else can we give him other than happiness? Can we give him his health back? Can we give him a donor? No, hyung, it’s just—“ Namjoon closed his eyes and sighed, “it’s probably the last thing he asks from us, and I’m giving it to him.”

“Don’t be stupid,” Yoongi muttered.

Namjoon straightened his posture and turned around to fully face Yoongi. “For God’s sake, hyung! Are you blind? Can’t you see that he fake a smile every single day! He wants to die on the beach, hyung!

“Namjoon-ah!” Jin scolded but that didn’t stop Namjoon, not even when Jimin was looking at them again with worries.

“He wants to feel free for one last time, act normal, like he’s not sick. And, I’m giving that to him. If it’s me being stupid for you, then I’ll live with that for the rest of my life. You can blame me if something happens later, but I get to see his last sincere smile, while you don’t,” Namjoon left and Jin ran after him.

Yoongi leaned back on the wall with Hoseok who was surprisingly the calmest one between them all. And, it scared Yoongi how calm the younger one these days. It was like something had changed in him. But, after all, everybody had changed through the past year.

“What do you think?” Yoongi asked carefully.

Hoseok shrugged. “Does it still matter what I think?” he replied softly, “It’s not our place to decide what’s best for him or not, hyung. I don’t want to be the person who’s blocking his way from happiness. Especially not now. I’ll hate myself if he’s not happy because of me.”

“So, you’re with Namjoon, huh?”

Hoseok laughed breathlessly. “I’m with Jungkook. All of us should be too.”

 

I stand on the middle of the empty stage, still hot

I stand on the middle of the hot, empty stage

And suddenly I feel so afraid of the void

These mixed feelings

With my life on the line

I pretend to be careless

This isn’t the first time, I better get used to it

I try to hide it, but I can’t

When the heat of the show cools down

I leave the empty seats behind

 

“This will warm you up,” Mrs. Jeon said as she wrapped a scarf around Jungkook’s neck.

“Mom,” Jungkook whined, “beach is supposed to be sunny and hot. I won’t need this,” he pouted and she tried so hard to hold back the urge to pinch his thinning cheek.

“We know,” his brother stood up from the couch and approached him, “but the wind is strong and let’s just see once you get there, if it gets too hot, you can take it off. Okay?”

Jungkook huffed but he nodded his head faintly.

Somebody knocked Jungkook’s door and Hoseok with his million-watt smile popped his head into the room. “Is Jungkookie ready, auntie? We’re almost good to go. The others are waiting downstairs.”

“Yeah, yeah, you can take him downstairs first if you want. I’ll check the room again, in case you leave something behind,” Mrs. Jeon said and made sure Jungkook’s oxygen tube was placed correctly in his nostrils.

“It’s okay, auntie, we have to wait for Mr. Jeon first anyway,” Hoseok came in and straightened Jungkook’s outfit before shrieking in excitement, “Omooooo, Jungkookie looks so handsome!” he teased the youngest and Jungkook only managed a little smirk before trying to stand up, and Hoseok automatically put a hand on his waist while the other was holding Jungkook’s arm to help pulling him up.

Mr. Jeon went into the room, hands holding some documents. “All clear. You can go now. Just make sure he’s back before midnight, okay?” he said, turning to Hoseok.

“Yes, uncle!!” Hoseok saluted happily, being the sunshine he always was.

Jungkook’s brother jumped on his feet and helped Jungkook walk from the other side while his free hand took the oxygen tube with them.

“All done,” his mother said once she was out of the bathroom and handed Hoseok Jungkook’s medicine, “don’t forget this, please.”

“Let’s go now, I’ll walk you downstairs. Mom and dad can go back to the car first,” his brother said and started to help him walk.

Jungkook stopped though. “Wait, wait.”

“What is it?” his mother came to him.

Jungkook let Hoseok’s and his brother’s hands go, before cupping his mother’s on his own. “It’s okay if I go to the beach, right, mom?”

“Of course,” she softened, “if it makes you happy, you should go.”

“Even if this is the last time?” he tilted his head and Hoseok swore he heard Mr. Jeon sniffed next to him.

His mother smiled and it wavered, but it was the thought that mattered. “Even that.”

“I’m sorry for not visiting you so often while I could,” he apologized.

“You were busy making us proud. That’s okay, my son.”

“But, you’re important too,” Jungkook whined.

“It’s okay,” she assured him one more time, kissing his bony hands, “as long as you’re happy, then I am.”

Jungkook nodded gratefully and turned to his father. “Dad,” his father shook his head in response, but Jungkook grinned. His father was always the most emotional one though he did not show it, just like Yoongi. “Please, be healthy and strong. Don’t smoke all the time and make mom mad. Especially when hyung’s not around, you only have each other at home.”

“Then, you should be around too,” his brother said to him.

Jungkook crinkled his nose. “I will.”

Hoseok felt like he was intruding something private, most probably the last goodbye in the family. And, when Mr. Jeon walked forward to pull his wife and sons in his embrace, Hoseok had to step back, leaving more space to the little family. It was not his place to watch it. But, Jungkook’s hand found his way to his, holding Hoseok so the older did not go anyway further. It was probably a minute or two, Mrs. Jeon had tears streaming down her face, but she was not sobbing. Hoseok wondered how this little family could be so strong. What if Jungkook died when he went out with them? What if it was the last time? Why did not they just go with them and spend tonight together?

“Please, be happy,” Jungkook muttered one last time before he pulled away from the warm embrace. His parents and brother nodded their heads.

They walked them to the elevator and Hoseok, Jungkook, and his older brother got in, waving as the door closed and Jungkook had the biggest smile on his face for his parents.

“So, what do you wanna do at the beach?” Hoseok asked, looking for a topic when it got too quiet inside.

Jungkook leaned on the dancer’s body slightly as they waited. “I want to play volley ball. It’s been a long time,” he said softly and sounded dreamy at the same time.

“Yeah, let’s play that. We’ll have to make sure that Jin hyung, Yoongi hyung, and Namjoonie are on the same team, so we get to keep the good players with us, huh?”

Jungkook laughed which turned to coughing fit and his brother had to pound on his back. Hoseok casted a worried glance toward Jungkook’s brother, but he did not want to look back because he wanted to act normal for the sake of Jungkook.

“Yeah, that’d be nice. Those hyungs ,” Jungkook continued once the fit was over and they went out of the elevator to a waiting van in the lobby.

“Jungkook-ie!!” Taehyung greeted him happily and took Jungkook’s oxygen tank from Jungkook’s brother so he could help Jungkook into the car before getting in himself, “So, exciting, isn’t it?” Taehyung said and settled next to Jungkook, throwing his hand behind Jungkook’s back and pulling him into his arms, “Comfy?” he asked once everything had set.

Jungkook nodded. “Thanks, hyung,” he said, nuzzling his crown into the crook of Taehyung’s neck.

“Hey, kiddo,” Namjoon turned around from the driver seat and smiled, “you’re good?”

Jungkook smiled happily. “Of course, I am."

 “Where are Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung?” he asked, turning around a bit to Taehyung.

“Oh, we’re picking them up from supermarket. Jin hyung insisted we do barbeque there,” Taehyung answered, looking away casually to the window.

“That actually sounds nice, I didn’t think of it before.”

“Yeah, Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung plan everything perfectly that they’re kind of surprised me,” Namjoon responded.

“Especially Yoongi hyung,” Jimin chimed in from the back and Hoseok laughed loudly.

“That guy never fails to surprise us even after all these years,” Namjoon shook his head.

They waited for Hoseok and Jimin to arrange all of the stuffs that they brought for picnic, and finally settled in themselves on the back of the van. Jungkook looked out to the opened door for his hyung.

“Remember when I took you to your school bus on the first grade for your first time instead of mom and you were so scared I had to calm you down and made the driver waited for you?” he smiled softly.

Jungkook nodded and giggled. “It feels like that, huh?”

“Yeah,” he answered, eyes clouded with emotion that was unreadable but they were sure that sad was one of them, “only this time you’re going willingly.”

“I won’t come home late, I promise. So, you don’t have to wait for a really long time,” Jungkook laughed. It was the exact same promise he gave to his hyung during his school days when they often went to the bus stop together in the morning and waited for each other in the afternoon.

“I’ll come pick you up myself if you’re not here with the bus later,” his brother winked at him, trying not to look too worry. He sighed and smiled to Namjoon, and the leader got the message, before turning around to stare at Jungkook in the eyes. “Always sit by the window, yeah? It’ll get you some fresh air and you can see me waiting here when you come home.”

Jungkook nodded, obeying his hyung’s words, which was not frequently when they were kids. “Yes, hyung.”

His brother nodded too and smiled one last time before closing the door and stepped back. He stood, watched as the van went away from him, taking his little brother for an unknown foredoom. Jungkook scooted closer to the window for a moment and put his hand on the glass, looking at his brother all the way until he was gone from the sight. Only then, he came back into Taehyung’s arms. All of them did not say anything, feeling the same sadness clogging  up their throat at the last exchange conversation.


Jungkook’s eyes were bloodshot when Taehyung woke him up. He was looking at his surrounding and the older patiently waited because ever since Jungkook’s health started deteriorating, he always woke up too slow to register anything. And, Taehyung’s heart was always crushed by the sight of Jungkook’s innocent eyes. Those eyes were getting weaker by days.

“Hey,” Taehyung greeted softly, waiting for the recognition to flicker in Jungkook’s eyes.

Jungkook frowned. “Where are we?”

“Beach,” Taehyung smiled, “we’re here. Do you wanna go out now?”

Jungkook realized that the both of them were the only ones in the car. When he looked out, they were indeed in a beach. Jin was setting the barbeque with Namjoon and Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi opened the mat and placed some stuffs down on it.

“Yeah, I’d like to go out now,” Jungkook said.

Taehyung helped him out the car, oxygen tank trailed behind them on the sand. Jungkook insisted on taking off his sandals so he could walk bare feet, and Taehyung happily accepted the idea because the boy just loved to be free. They walked slowly to where Jimin and Yoongi were. The rapper smiled as he looked up to the approaching maknae and patted the seat next to him when they reached there.

“Strawberries?” Jimin offered happily, and when Taehyung was the one who reached, Jimin glared, “For Kookie, not you, you evil strawberries eater!”

“Jungkook is going to eat the strawberries too, does that make him just a strawberries eater or also evil strawberries eater?” Taehyung asked in wonder and Jimin had to actually think.

Yoongi just rolled his eyes. “What a conversation!” he informed them helpfully and stood up to take a giggling Jungkook to sit down next to him.

“Aw, , Namjoon!” they heard Hoseok shrieked in pain and they all looked up at the same time to see Namjoon tending Hoseok’s leg in panic while Jin laughing his off on the side.

“Go change with Park Jimin,” Jin ordered Hoseok, pointing to their direction, and both Jimin and Namjoon pouted—because he was kind of hoping to be  the one relieved from the duty—at the same time, “now, before you break a leg. We still need those two.”

Hoseok walked off happily and Jimin walked to Namjoon as an exchange without being called out directly. Jungkook could definitely imagine Jimin complaining hyung it’s heavyyyyyyyy to both Namjoon and Jin, then later he would be treaded with Taehyung only for the latter not knowing anything to do and asked Yoongi to change with him, only for the older was too lazy to do anything. We’re at the beach, can't we just chill!

Hoseok, though, cheered up so much more at Jungkook’s sight and sat down next to him. He leaned back on the mattress so the sun was bright on his face, wind was blowing his hair away. Such a sight for Jungkook. “We didn’t get to chill out like this at Busan.”

“Yeah, we should do that next time,” Jungkook giggled breathlessly.

Hoseok looked at Jungkook and he fiddled with Jungkook’s hands, looking for affection to calm his racing mind. Jungkook caught the sadness. The dancer was never good at hiding his emotion, although he was also worse at showing anger. He nudged Hoseok on the shoulder and he was startled for a moment, caming back from his own train of thoughts.

“Don’t be sad,” Jungkook muttered.

“What,” Hoseok chuckled heavily, trying to hide the pain in his chest, “am not sad, just—“

“What do you think your children will look like, hyung?” Jungkook asked out of the topic and it caught Hoseok more off guard.

“What?!”

“Your children, hyung, what do you think they’ll look like?” Jungkook faced him, eyes bright and curious. He did not look sick, or Hoseok just got lost in those youthful eyes and forgot about the nightmare.

“I don't—“ Hoseok shrugged, “They’ll look like me? And the mother? Maybe?!”

Jungkook giggled. “They must be so cute. Cute little Hoseokie, running at me when I come to visit your house. ‘Uncle Jungkook, let’s go play!’” Jungkook looked up to the sky and his expression was dreamful, mind playing imaginatively, “’My dad is J-Hope!’ and I’ll say ‘It was the weirdest name ever!’” Jungkook continued, “And they’ll—“

“Why are you telling me this?” Hoseok stopped him before he went too far, voice shaking and on the edge of breaking down.

Jungkook turned to him, looking at the older innocently in the eyes. “No reason. Just wondering.”

“Yeah? Well, stop wondering around and actually be there to watch them yourself,” it came out harsh, Hoseok did not mean it, but who cared.

“Hyung,” Jungkook grabbed Hoseok’s shaking hand, tears streaming down the dancer’s face without him knowing it, “hyung, sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“Shut up, okay? Shu—“ Hoseok wheezed, it hurt, it hurt so much, and he could not control himself anymore as he was sobbing, as Jungkook pulled him to his lap and his hair, as the wound opened up, as everything came to a realization; the time was ticking. He was supposed to calm Jungkook down during these days, not the other way around. But, Hoseok cried, sobbed, broke down into pieces only Jungkook could fix. He knew the time was near—the realization kept mocking him at the back of his mind—and they all stood in the middle of deserted life, waiting for a hand to reach out and give them a pair of lungs and a heart and more time to save their little brother.

Why is life so cruel to them?

“You—my br-brother,” he sobbed again, tightened his grip on Jungkook’s sweatpants, tears wetting the front side of them.

Jungkook leaned down to whisper something on Hoseok’s ear. “Hey, hyung, I’ll always be here, just like how you and the others are always here with me too. You know that, right?”

Hoseok nodded. But, still, he was not ready for it yet, and maybe he would not ever be ready for the rest of his life. He knew he was selfish but he wanted to be like this, to be okay, forever.

 

Trying to comfort myself

I tell myself the world can’t be perfect

I start to let myself go

The thundering applause, I can’t own it forever

I tell myself, so shameless

Raise your voice higher

Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing

I want to stay this way for life

I want to stay young forever

 

Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook laughed as the three of them watch their hyungs playing volley ball against each other. Though Hoseok being the best player out of the four of them and Yoongi surprisingly being good at some sport other than basketball, but the both of them were paired up with two of the not-so-athletic hyungs who could only flail their arms around, in Namjoon’s case, and scream at the top of their lung, for Jin. It was hilariously a fair game for the both team. Yoongi had insisted to back out of the game but Hoseok kept sulking at the older to accompany him with those two hyped-up people, so Yoongi, being the hyung stayed with a groan every time Hoseok started whining.

“I’m going to miss this,” Jungkook sighed softly, which caught Jimin’s and Taehyung’s attention and those two turned sadly immediately.

“Aren’t you scared?”

Jungkook turned his head to look at Jimin’s trembling lips. After Hoseok, Jimin was the softest, the kindest, the one who never got used to compliments  throwing at his face and always blamed himself for the downfalls. Jungkook pulled Jimin to his side and smiled.

“We all are, aren’t we, hyung?”

“I’m scared,” Taehyung whispered but he smiled shyly. Jungkook was the one who was dying, why would he get scared? Stupid. “But, it’s okay to be scared, right? Because that makes us human.”

Jungkook nodded. “That’s right,” he moved his free hand to take Taehyung’s in his, although the older’s was sweaty and shaking. “I’ll be looking out from up there. When then night is full of stars after raining, just remember me, okay?”

Jimin cuddled closer to Jungkook and sniffed, while Taehyung smiled brightly, because that was what Jungkook deserved; a happy ending.

 

Aah Forever we are young

Under the flower petals raining down

I run, so lost in this maze

Forever we are young

Even when I fall and hurt myself

I keep running toward my dream

 

Yoongi was left alone with Jungkook. The others were playing, running around the beach, and the sun was going down ever so slowly.

“It’s delicious, hyung,” Jungkook said, praising the older’s and Jin’s cooking, smiling big though it was not as bright as how his young self always gave him. That little crinkled nose and the breathy happy laugh were gone.

“Are you tired?” Yoongi asked with concern. He leaned forward and tightened the blanket around Jungkook, showing affection which was rare for him and awkward, but it was Jungkook and he loved Jungkook.

Jin had insisted for them to go back to the hospital, but Jungkook wanted to stay until the sun had fully set down and none of them could really say no now.

Jungkook nodded slowly. “I’ll be okay, though, don’t worry,” he said, throwing himself to Yoongi’s open arms and the rapper felt a pang, a rope was pulling his strain heart.

Yoongi wrapped his arms tightly around his youngest, theirs, and kissed his forehead which was covered by a cold sweat. He wanted to ask if Jungkook was okay, if he wanted to leave now, if it was too cold for him, if he ever dreamt getting out of this. But, he could not because he knew Jungkook was not okay, and he knew that Jungkook was going to leave for the sea anytime soon. It was probably the time. Time was ticking.

“Hyung,” Jungkook called from his chest and Yoongi did not dare to look into those brown eyes.

“Hum?”

“It’s not your fault.”

Yoongi cried, not letting himself to sob out ugly cries like Hoseok. It was just his usual self, hiding emotion. “Yeah?” he tried to respond normally, but his voice could never fool Jungkook, or anyone.

“Yeah,” Jungkook nodded, cuddled himself deeper into Yoongi’s warm protective arms, into Yoongi’s self and took away a big part of his heart, “hyung has to be strong, okay? For everyone and for me. That’s all I ask for now,” he said, voice getting weaker, like falling asleep.

“I can’t without you,” Yoongi chocked, finally crying openly in front of Jungkook when he was aware enough of his surrounding for the first time since he got the news. He took Jungkook’s hand and squeezed it tightly. Jungkook squeezed back.

Jungkook chuckled. “I’m not going anywhere, hyung,” he said smiling, tears were coming at the corner of his eyes but he was not sad. He was happy. It was the happiest life he could ever get and this was the happiest moment he could ever spend, for last time. “I’ll sleep now. Promise to be here when I wake up?”

“Promise,” he sniffed, taking a breath to control his sobs, “rest well, brat. I love you.”

“Love you too,” Jungkook whispered with a smile curved on his face and he really did fall asleep.

The hand in Yoongi’s getting heavier. The cold wind took away Jungkook’s warmness. The sun did not burn his skin when it set down, leaving him pale. But, the stars shone brightly above him and the sound of waves left a smile on Jungkook’s face.

Taehyung stopped running abruptly, the ball in his hands rolled away without his concern, and his laughed came to halt as he watched Yoongi's shoulders shook while rocking Jungkook back and forth in grief and despair. He lost the reason to cry because Jungkook was not in pain anymore. So, he was confused when Jin walked to those two with cries, Jungkook’s name on his lips. Namjoon and Hoseok approached them slowly, none of them cried, just blank faces. He felt someone was tugging his hand and he looked to his right, where Jimin’s eyes were still watering since the last talk they had with Jungkook.

“Hey,” Taehyung said, “remember?”

Jimin sniffed softly and nodded.

“You know the quotes saying ‘don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened’, hyung?”

Taehyung hummed.

“Remember me like that, okay?”

So, Taehyung smiled. “Farewell, Jungkookie, take care of us from up there, will you?” he whispered, hoping for the wind to take it to somewhere high, some place where Jungkook’s place where he was peacefully resting.

 

Forever ever ever ever (dreams, hopes, forward, forward)

Forever ever ever ever We are young

 

 


I AM SO SORRY!!