Extra: Choi Jungkook

resignation

"Yah! Choi Jungkook! What did hyung tell you about running away from me on the street?" Namjoon frowned, hands on his hips. The boy in front of him cowered at his glare and the leader softened a bit and sighed. He bent down so he could be at the same eye-level with the kid and ruffled the kid's hair. "You know, it's dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Sorry, hyung," Jungkook pouted, "I just wanted to get ice cream and now it left already."

Namjoon looked to where Jungkook pointed at. "You ate Jin hyung's cookies this morning. Do you want your teeth to get rotten?"

Jungkook winced, shaking his head in fear.

Namjoon nodded. "That's right. We'll go buy ice cream tomorrow, okay? Only one sweet a day, that's what we promised Jin hyung, remember?"

Jungkook slumped down into Namjoon's arms with a sad whimper. "Fine, hyung."

Namjoon took the kid and up on his feet. Jungkook automatically hugged Namjoon's neck as they walked away with him in Namjoon's arms.

They took a short trip and Jungkook chatted animatedly about his days at school. He had not met Namjoon for about a week because his hyungs had busy schedule. "Minhyuk-ie is soooooo nice to me because he's the only one who doesn't call me a liar when I said my hyungs are Bangtan Sonyeondan. I think he's my best best best best friend now!"

"Who call you a liar?" Jimin showed up at the enterance of their dorm once the two had arrived.

Jungkook's face lit up at the sight of Jimin before crawling out of Namjoon's arms. Namjoon put him down and he tackled Jimin down, playing tickles. Not a while after that, Taehyung came and joined Jimin on the floor, tickling Jungkook until he ran out of breath.

"Yah, you're almost seven now, are you allowed to still be this cute?" Taehyung said with his signature boyish grin, pinching Jungkook's cheeks with both hands softly.

"Yes, he is, and dinner will be ready soon. Go wash up!" Jin called from the kitchen and Yoongi walked out to greet them.

"What's not allowed is we spoiling him too much," Yoongi threw an accusing gaze at Namjoon, but then he crouched down when Jungkook ran into his arms, "hey, little man, I've got something for you."

"Aaaaaaand, look who's spoiling him too much now," Namjoon rolled his eyes while closing the door behind him.

Yoongi whispered something into Jungkook's ear, then the kid turned to the leader and stuck his tongue out. Yoongi did the same. He took Jungkook's hand and helped him to wash up before the both of them setting up the table for dinner. After they were done, Jungkook got the honor to wake Hoseok up in his room. Though the kid was pretty much jumping on his bed and stomped his feet down, but Jungkook came back on Hoseok's shoulders, playing horse.

"Okay, kids," Jin said with a stew in his hands, "please sit down, we're going to eat now," and they all ran around the house to sit on their respected seats. Namjoon sat at the end of the table, with Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung on his right, and Yoongi, Jin, and Hoseok on his left.

"Thank you, Jin hyuuuuuuuuuung," Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung said in a practiced unison.

"You're welcome, my trouble makers," Jin smiled at the three of them who didn't look like they were 21 years apart, because sometimes Jimin and Taehyung would have the same mental age as six-year-old Jungkook. But, the other times, their protective instinct toward the youngest was always so strong and that made them more like hyungs to him.

"So, I heard about what you told Namjoon hyung when you arrived, care to tell us?" Jimin asked, hands carefully wiping sauce on Jungkook's mouth.

Jungkook looked up innocently, before his shoulders slumped down a little.

"Hey, what's up, little man?" Yoongi asked with concern.

"Nothing," Jungkook said, looking down and scared, "some of my classmates just called me a liar..."

"Because...?" Hoseok frowned, he did not appreciate Jungkook to be called a liar.

"Because I told them my hyungs are Bangtan Sonyeondan," he looked at Hoseok carefully, the two of them had the strongest bond because Hoseok found him first, "one of them told his older sister and she said that I just said my hyungs are you guys because there was a guy named Jungkook too. Is it true?"

What is true? The fact that Hoseok got close easily with this Jungkook the first time because he had the same name with their Jungkook? The fact that the other five started to grow fond of him too also because they had the same name? The fact that this Jungkook was just another replacement of their Jungkook? Or, the fact that they wanted to make it up for all the lost time they couldn't spend together with their Jungkook before because he was gone too soon and maybe, just maybe, this Jungkook came into their lifes for a purpose, that their Jungkook or anyone up there sent him to them to be taken good care of? This Jungkook was an orphan, he did not know who his parents were because they died and no one acknowledged him as a family, he never knew if he had a brother or a sister, a grandmother, an uncle, a familyThis Jungkook spent his days at an orphanage, kids calling him bad behind his back because his parents never came to school during Parents Day or just to get his report card. This Jungkook's drawings changed from a little family consisted of a mother, a father, and him to a family consisted of six hyungs and him. Most importantly, this Jungkook made them want to be better, that they always had one boy who looked up to them, who needed their protection, and that boy was gone, and then, this boy came with his silly laugh, his innocent eyes looking up to them at the recording booth or dance studio in wonder, this boy who motivated them to make him happy.

Hoseok was the first one who came out of his surprise. "Remember the first time we met and hyung told you hyung has six best friends but then only five of them showed up?" Jungkook nodded, listening curiously. "Hyung's sixth best friend's name is Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook."

"Just like my name," Jungkook said in realization.

"Just like yours," Namjoon mumbled.

"Where is he now?" was a question Hoseok did not know how to answer, or he was just scared he might break in front of Jungkook.

"In heaven," Taehyung was the one who answered.

"Just like mommy and daddy?"

Taehyung smiled bitterly. "Just like them."

"Why is he in heaven?"

"Because God loves him," Yoongi answered, eyes calmed, no wave of emotion was seen. Just Yoongi, bottling up his feeling down.

"But, you guys love him too."

Yoongi nodded. "True. But, he was suffering here, he kept getting sick, and God just thought it would be better for him to rest up there where it's nicer. God just did not want him to suffer more."

Jungkook looked down sadly. "Am I going to suffer too?"

Jimin kissed the top of his head, his throat was burning with restrained cries. "We'll make sure you're healthy and strong and happy. We'll take care of you, kid."

"You're not going to leave me?"

"Never," Jin said and Jungkook looked to him with doubtful eyes. Jin tilted his head. "Never in a million years."

"Promise?"

"Promise," Jin answered again.

"What do you say if we drop you off to school and pick you up after tomorrow, so your friends know that you're not a liar?" Taehyung suggested.

Jungkook giggled at the idea and shrugged. "I don't really mind them though. But we can get ice cream after that! Namjoon hyung promised!"

"When did I—" Namjoon sighed, feeling Jin's stare stabbing the side of his face.

 

Jin huffed for the umpteenth time while washing the dishes with Namjoon. Jimin and Taehyung were tucking Jungkook to bed together with them while Yoongi and Hoseok were cleaning up for the aftermath of their play time.

"What is it?" Namjoon leaned sat down on the counter.

"Can't we just adopt him or something? I really don't want to let him out of my sight anymore."

"Hyung, you know we can't," Namjoon patted Jin's shoulder.

Jin scoffed. "Why? Because we're idols?"

"Also, because we're not a proper family."

Jin looked like he was offended by Namjoon's words.

"You know what I mean. No mom. Just six hyungs? That's not how it works."

Jin huffed again because he hated Namjoon for saying that but he was also right. "But Jungkook is practically living at our place now."

"Two nights a week. That's not living at our place," Namjoon smiled softly, "plus, Raemi-shi is just too kind to let Jungkook come here every week."

"And that's because she sees him beeing attached to us!"

"Hyung," Namjoon's voice sounded like a pleade, don't make this harder please.

"Fine, whatever," Jin wiped his hands dry and threw aside the napkin, then walked away, "you're not getting ice cream tomorrow," he said, turning the kitchen light off.

"What did I do wrong?!" Namjoon whined.

 

Yes, it all started because they had the same name, but for Jin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, and Taehyung, this was a second chance and they would never ever threw it away.

 


Um, okay, 494 subscribers. Um, what?! 

I kinda miss writing this story, and I see that some of you still subscribed and left comments and actually stay even after the story is finished. So, I wanted to write this, and maybe some too in the future when I really miss this story, because this story is very meaningful to me. These extra chapters will tell more about some minor events that I didn't include in those twelve chapters. But, again, don't get your hopes too high! I know eventually I will stop writing, but for now I'll just keep on writing :)

By the way guys, I've started writing something new in my AO3 account, but I'm planning to write it in here too and I'll also write this story there. In the meantime, go check this out while I re-arrange my acounts. Uh, also feel free to ask questions about my stories in my tumblr account rockroll123.tumblr.com!

THANKS AND ENJOY!!