Kiss and Cry

Yuri 1/2

Yuri was out all day roller blading in the nearby park. When she got home, she saw her peers cramped in front of the small television. "Hyung! Im home." she announced her arrival as she takes off her skates in the entrance. "Ne," her inattentive friends meekly replied. "Ne!? I've been out the whole day and that's all you can say? Aigoo! What are you being busy about that you don’t even welcome your dongsaeng warmly?" She joined the group on the couch and finally, someone spoke to her.  "We were watching kiss and cry. Boss is one of the finalist so were all crossing our fingers," jaewoon finally answered her but still his eyes are focused on the tv. "Shinja! He has time for that even our rehearsal and performance schedule is packed?" she remarked with a hint of admiration. Gee. That guy is really something. He's one of the few people whom i know who has this multitude of talents. Well... next to me. Let me reiterate that Yuri loved his talents but not to the point of "shipping" the man himself.

 

On the tv screen, Yunho came out with his skating partner. "Wooooooh" Her hyungs all applaused and cheered. Yunho wore a black leather jacket, skinny jeans and his hair was neatly brushed up. I thought nobody is perfect but how come this man got both the talents and looks? When the music started, Yunho started moving his feet as he rhythmically combed his hair. He gracefully threw the comb and started gliding on ice. Yuri began to worry. She knew that Yunho just came back from an overseas performance. He lacked practice and rest. Yuri somehow hoped that Yunho's talent will be enough. Yunho and his partner made an elegant production. Even his single spiral and pirouette was flawless. However, he stumbled. Yuri closed her eyes. For a while, she felt her heart hurt. She knew Yunho's as a perfectionist. She knew he will put himself to blame. Jung Yunho, get up or else! When she opened her eyes, Yunho stood back and didn’t fluster for the rest of the performance. The courage Yunho showed lightened her spirit a bit.

 

-----

 

The next day in the practice room, no one dared talk to Yunho about the Kiss and Cry episode. He was obviously not in a good mood for jokes or even to discuss what happened. "Session's over! You guys go ahead. I’ll see you tomorrow." Yuri and the others bowed to say goodbye and gave Yunho some solitude. Yunho sat on the bench and took off his shirt. He furiously dumped it inside his sports bag and cupped his face with his palms. I'm such a failure. He put on his extra shirt and put his hand on his bag's pocket to reach for his mp3 player. He untied the earphones from his player and the sight of the screen surprised Yunho. He found a blue sticky note that says: "It's ok." The bottom of the note has a drawing if two ice skates. This is just what I needed.

 

In the next Kiss and Cry episode, Yunho and his skating partner aced their Star Wars performance. Yunho who was in a good mood so he decided to treat his dancers for a drink in his flat. He knew that they are not just dancers, they were also his avid fans, his friends.

 

-----

 

Sorry for a dragging chapter. Don’t worry this is just a springboard of the chapter I anticipated writing the most. Thank you for subscribing ilovedramas17, simple-love, safaiaunnie, ehyoee, and nana_yuri. Keep the comments coming! I enjoy reading them.