Yuri's Fan

Yuri 1/2

Yuri closed her eyes. So this is how first kiss feels like. It was literally her idea of heaven. She was only seeing rainbows, butterflies, and everything nice. Of course, she was kissing none other than Jung Yunho. Jung Yunho. Why am I kissing this playboy? Yuri opened her eyes and instinctively a handful of mud on his face. She pushed him away and ran away while shouting, "Jung Yunho, you owe me lunch!" Yunho scratched his head and gave still on his dreamy look. After a while he was finally able to react, he shouted, "Yadongsshi, I owe you a date!"

Jung Yunho, you're an apple in the garden of eve I should resist from tasting.

-----

Two weeks have past. Yunho and Yuri worked hard day and night to make a perfect routine. It wasn’t smooth though. Since both of them were equally talented and both were perfectionist, they have fought a lot with regards to the choreography. Yuri tried to lessen the physical contact which Yunho kept on insisting. In the end, all Yuri can do was complain since she knew that it’s a losing battle. Yunho was reasonable. The next kiss and cry round was a ballroom challenge. Therefore, there should be body contact between them, a very close one.

 

The make-up artist already went out of the dressing room where Yuri changed.  Yunho turned the knob but he found it was locked. "Yadongsshi, open the door so we can do a final rundown of the steps," Yunho yelled at the small opening below the door. "Jung Yunho, can I still back out?" Yuri answered. Yunho laughed out loud, "Yadongsshi, it's too late to back out now. In a few minutes time, we'll be dancing on ice. Open the door or ill break my way in at the count to 5." Yunho put his ear in the door to listen to Yuri's response. He heard dragging steps getting closer to the door so he straightened himself up. Click. The knob was unlocked. Yunho reached for the knob and turned it. His heart raced and his mouth hanged open at the different Yuri standing in front of him. Yuri's hair was tied in a neat high bun. Her cheeks were tinted pink and her lips were glossy and scarlet red. Her halter top was like red scales of fragile rose petals. Over her skin tone tights was a feminine black boyleg shorts that perfectly hugged her firm curve. It has an overlay of black see-through skirt which draped assymetrically from her mid thigh down to her calf. "What? Are you here to laugh at how crappy I look?" Yuri asked grimly as she was about to take off her lipstick using the back of her hand.  "A-A-Aniyo," Yunho stuttered as he stopped Yuri from wiping off her make-up. He cleared his throat before continuing, "I just came to give you this." he gave Yuri a new pair of red skates.

 

Yuri sat down on the couch and started putting on her skates. Her hands trembled that she had difficulty making a knot. "Let me do it." Yunho kneeled and tied her laces. He noticed that she was unusually quiet and was fidgeting. He broke the tension by asking, "Are you nervous?" "I’ve competed and performed before, what is there to be nervous about?" she lied. Of course I am nervous. Before I danced just for my own pleasure and competed for my own glory. Now I have to think about you and your reputation. “Isn’t it obvious that I’m not comfortable with what you chose for me to wear? Do you want to die? And why does it have to go with a make-up like this? I don’t like to look like a plate of spaghetti?" she lied again. How she looks like is the least of her concern at that moment though she really hated her bright red lipstick. Yunho looked straight in her eyes and said, "You look… uhm.. .normal." he lied too. Pabo if looks could kill, I would have been 6 feet under since I met you. Yunho finished tying Yuri's ice skates and stood up. He offered his hand and said "Let's go!"

 

Yuri accepted the offer for the first time. She needed it since she felt disabled. Her knees were shaking that she can hardly stand by herself. "Liar! You’re so nervous that you can’t even feel your own hands. It's so cold and sweaty," Yunho teased as he led the way for Yuri. "Bwo? Did I beg you to hold my hand?" she glared at him and snatched her own hand away from his. "Aigoo, Yadongsshi! You're so serious that you can’t even take a joke." Yunho took her hand again and held it tighter than before.

 

The duo reached the entrance to the ice rink. They waited for Krystal and her partner's score to be given. Their upbeat jive performance received an average of 5.2. "Yunho, you're next," the production director called him. Yunho held Yuri's shoulder so she'd be facing him. He slid his hands to down to her hands and put them on his face. Yunho look at her worried eyes. He wanted to say so much to her like: Sorry for dragging you in to this; I am just happy that you’re going to skate with me; I enjoyed the mornings and afternoons bickering with you. Before I just wanted to win for fame but now I am praying hard we won’t lose so I can spend more time with you.  Words won't escape Yunho's mouth though.

 

Back in the apartment where Yuri lives, the back-up dancers were all glued in front of the TV set. They all shouted at the sight of Yunho and Yuri gliding on ice towards the center. “Today, Yunho will be skating with a new partner. From what I heard Yunho had a hard time looking for a partner since most professionals are preparing for the winter games already and his girl friends are busy with their own engagements. Little is known about the girl except that she is an amateur,” the first commentator remarked. “Well, whoever she is, I’m certain that Jung Yunho definitely got the eyes for talent and looks. Let’s see what tricks he’ll be pulling off this time,” the second commentator said.

The crowd was quiet. Yunho, who was wearing bare-chested red silk polo and black pants, stood proud with his right hand on the air while the other was pointing to Yuri’s direction. Yuri on the other hand started with a back-bend pose with arms stretched similar to Yunho. The sound of castanets started. Yuri shook her hips seductively and waved her skirt as if inviting a bull. Yunho, who was skating around her grabbed the back of her neck like he cannot resist the temptation. Yunho enveloped Yuri’s waist and Yuri held Yunho’s hand and shoulder. They skated in unison around the rink until they’ve reached a competitive speed. They spiraled, kicked, and spun while they perform detailed arm and head movements. They even wowed the viewers Yunho held Yuri’s shoulder and waist, lifting her a bit off the ground, while Yuri stretched her legs open, landing on ice with one knee on ice and the other stretched backwards. From this position, Yunho smoothly and swiftly lifted her up to his face and close to his body. They continued with the usual flamenco routine with a lot of “courting” moves and intricate foot works. They have come to the final minute of their performance. They placed their free leg over their skating leg performing a forward scratch spin which finished at the same time. Once more, the audience cheered in awe. They rounded it off with Yunho lifting off Yuri from his side, by her hip, into the air. Yuri’s legs are in a split scissor type position and it looks as if she is upside down, in a split, above his head, as Yunho rotates and moves down the ice. In the last few beats of the music, Yunho bent his knee and helped Yuri land on ice in a lounge position. Their faces were so close that they could hear each other’s breathing. Their sizzling performance was as smooth as silk and as effortless as blinking.

 

“Our Seobangsshi did well!” Even the scores haven’t been revealed yet, Jaewoon and the others celebrated in advance. They jumped up and down and started hitting each other with throw pillows. Back on the kiss and cry section, Yunho and Yuri received an average of 5.5 from the judges. Yunho hugged Yuri, who was smiling shyly and whose eyes were beginning to moist.  Yunho whispered to her, “How come you’re feminine all of a sudden? By the way, don’t forget our date. Let’s celebrate.”

 

-----

 

 Yunho went out of the dressing room after changing and was crowded with reporters for photos and ambush interviews. He was confronted with questions he was not prepared to answer: “What is your relationship with her?” “How did you meet her?” Yunho was in a good mood that he didn’t dodge the questions. Instead he coolly answered, “We MIGHT start dating. That is if she agrees to that.” At the other end of the corridor, he saw Yuri got out of the dressing room, now dressed in her usual tracksuit. She wore a cap, perhaps, so she won’t be recognized. He saw a familiar man blocked her way and talked to her. He saw Yuri laughing with the man. His face suddenly got red. What is he doing here? Are they old friends? I wonder what they are laughing about. Wait. Am I jealous?

 

 

Meanwhile, Yuri finished wiping off the last traces of her spaghetti make-up. She opened the door and checked the left and right side of the corridor for any media. At the other end of the corridor, she saw Yunho being swarmed by reporters. Perfect time to escape. Yuri closed the door behind her gently so as not to catch any attention. When she turned, a man was standing in front of her. She stepped to her right so she could past but the man blocked her way. “Ajusshi, can you let me pass. I’m in a hurry,” Yuri whispered. The man blushed and told her, “You still look beautiful even without the make-up.” “Ajusshi, you must be making a mistake. I don’t know what you’re talking about. Can I pass now?” Yuri said. “Can you give me an autograph?” the man asked as he brought out a marker. Yuri looked at his eyes that were warm and kind while his smile was filled with sincerity. He was the total opposite of Yunho. Cold. Distant. Boastful. “Ajusshi, you really look nice and I’d really love to help you. But as of now I have to run and hide. I can get you Yunho’s autograph then I’ll just give it you when we bumped into each other again?” Yuri scratched her head. It was a stupid proposal. What are the chances strangers meet again? The man laughed, “What will I do with Yunho’s autograph? I am asking for yours.” Yuri laughed with the man “Ajusshi, I’m just a back-up a dancer.” “And so? I saw you back there and you’re talent was as great as your look. I’m sure you’d make it big. When that time comes, I want to tell myself I am the first man who received her autograph.” Yuri’s heart soared with what she heard. The man in front of her had the courage to tell her what she never imagined. He believed in her without even knowing her. Yuri smiled – a smile that she rarely gave unless it was deserved. “Araso, where shall I sign?” Yuri asked. The man who looked so serious suddenly made a surprised facial expression. Yuri laughed in her mind. He looked so funny, almost dense, as he started searching his pockets for paper. He cheekily smiled at her and said, “Can you just sign at my jacket?” “Omo! I cannot do that! I’m sure that one is expensive!” The man took off his white jacket and said, “I insist.” Yuri wrote the words as she said, To my first fan… “What was your name?”she asked. “Jongwoon. Kim Jongwoon,” the man replied. Yuri continued,

 

To my first fan, Kim Jongwoon,

 Fighting!

Let’s have soju someday when I’m famous!

Araso?

 From a star yet to shine,

Yuri

 

Yuri ended her one-on-one autograph signing session with Kim Jongwoon with an ice skate drawing at the bottom of the jacket. Jongwoon can’t believe at what had just happened that he read it several times in his mind. “Yuri… very nice name! I’ll see you again Yurisshi.” No one mentioned her name that sweetly. She watched Jongwoon disappeared at the end of the corridor when suddenly Yunho wrapped his hand on her waist. Yuri jumped in surprised and hit him on his arm. “Yah! Next time don’t scare me like that. Where are the reporters?” “They left after I satisfied them during the interview. What did you and Yesung talk about?”his aegyo smile was trying to fish for information. “Yesung? You mean that ajusshi? Jongwoon?” “Pabo! Don’t tell me you called him an ajusshi!? You don’t have any face to show him anymore! Don’t you know he’s a member of Super Junior? How can you not know him when he works in the same company as us?” Yunho scolded as he poked Yuri’s forehead. “Why? Don’t you like it that I’m a loyal shipper of TVXQ?” Yuri answered back as she started walking away with her arms folded. “Seriously, what does he want from you?” Yunho blocked her way. “Ow. He just asked for my autograph so I gave him one.” “Did you give him your name? I mean your girl name” Yunho’s eyebrow furrowed. “Of course, he’s my first fan.”

 

Unfair!I was the first one who met you. I was the first one who admired you.  He may be your first fan but I am your NUMBER 1 fan.