Goodbye Long Beautiful Hair

Yuri 1/2

Grrrrr.Yuri’s stomach growled in hunger. She sat down on the gutter of the outside a restaurant. “I thought life would be a lot easier. I never thought entering entertainment business would be a jungle experience.” Yuri thought as she fan herself with her cap. Yuri laid her face on her palms and reflected on the reasons why she left home. She was running out of money to afford a night at a cheap hostel and she had skipped her meals already so that she would last until the day she finds a job. In spite of her decision haunting her, her pride is stronger than her hunger. So after a few moments of resting, she stood up with renewed determination. “Yuriah! Hwaiting!”

 

Yuri walked along Ahpgujung and stopped by in front of SM Entertainment building to admire it. It has always been her dream to audition there and to be one of their artists. However, besides her parents stopping her, she felt she just had the talent but not the star quality. She looked at her reflection in the glass door. Her hair was long and jet black but it was not tidy and well-combed. Her face has a nice shape but it could have looked nicer if it was not oily. Her figure could have shown if she wore clothes that were supposed to be worn by girls. But no… it was Yuri’s choice. Yuri scratched her head and talked to her self “Yuriah, with that look, you’d never even make it as an extra dancing in some star’s video.” She covered her face with her cap somehow hoping she could have been more girly like her unnie. Later on, she felt sick with the thought of her wearing dresses and high heels. “Eeeew.”

 

Just as Yuri was taking a final look at the SM building, to her dream work place, she saw a small ad on the corner that says: Urgent Hiring: Male Back-up Dancer. A smirk graced Yuri’s face. She jumped repeatedly and shouted “Yuriah, this is your chance. You’re one and only chance.” Ran away from the building and looked for the nearest parlor. She saw a helix with red, white, and blue stripes. She stopped in front of it and counted her remaining money and let out a victorious “yes” when she found out she has enough money for a haircut.

 

Yuri entered the shop and sat on the waiting area. She flipped some magazine looking for the perfect haircut for her perfect disguise. She browsed on the magazine and saw an article on TVXQ. She then told the man, “Ajusshi, I wanted to be as handsome as Jung Yunho.” (Yuri loves his dancing but not the thought of liking or “shipping” him as a man.) “Bwo? Are you sure miss? You’re hair is long and shiny. Just a few combs and it will look nice again.” the barber asked in disbelief. “Ajusshi, didn’t you hear what I said? I want a haircut like him.” Yuri replied as she sat on the barber chair.

 

Every bunch of hair being cut made Yuri overjoyed as she was a few steps away from her dream job. After the haircut, Yuri demanded for a massage to release her remaining tension. When the barber tapped her shoulders to gesture her that the service was over, she took off the towel wrapped on her neck and looked at the mirror. She touched her hair above where side burns should be growing and adored herself. “Get ready Jung Yunho, your competition is here.”