The Replacement (Continuation)

Yuri 1/2

“Will you skate with me?”

 

Don't get so touched yet. What you don't know is that Yunho sent skates, similar to that of Yuri, to several of his girl friends.

 

As soon as the sun rose, Yunho went to the Outdoor Skating Stadium and sat on one of the benches surrounding the rink. He was positive that at least one of them will show up. He invited Tiffany, Yoona, Victoria,  Hyoyeon and Hara. These girls must know something about skating given their background. Should he ever work with any of them, all they need to work on is just the choreohraphy and put a bit of trickery to it. Yunho imagined if all of them say yes, who would he choose? He shook his head at the thought of rejecting some of them. Then suddenly, it crossed his mind that he also sent ice skates to Yadong. He doesn’t know why he made such blissful decision to invite her to skate with him. Aish! What a big mistake. Why did i do that? I don’t want her to think she is my last option. Anyway, I bet she wouldn’t come since she hates my teasing a lot.

 

9:00 a.m. Yunho took away a cup of coffee and bagel and sat on the bench near the rink's entrance. He later received a call from both Yoona and Hyoyeon telling him that they are busy shooting for their shows. 2 down, 3 more to go.

 

12:00 p.m. Yunho's stomach lurched in hunger so he decided to have a quick lunch and get back to his seat as soon as he can. On his way back from the cafeteria, Hara called to inform him that she's busy with their promotion in Japan. 3 down, 2 to go.

 

3:00 p.m. Yunho put on his shades as people start to crowd in the ice skating rink. Children who finished their classes in the afternoon, usually spends their outdoor play here. Yunho watch them with glee until he received a call from Victoria saying that it'd be awkward for him to invite her knowing she's dating Nickhun. 4 down, 1 to go.

 

6:00 p.m. Yunho kept his hopes high. He's positive that Tiffany won’t make any excuse. He also knows that it might be hard for Tiffany to say no after she has declared in an interview that her celebrity crush was him. The thought made Yunho smirk. A few moments after that, Yunho's phone rang. It's a call from Tiffany. Please say yes "Yeboseoyo, Yunnie. I heard the news that Claudia got injured. I am sorry to hear that. I  also received your invitation to skate with you. I'd love to… but I’m busy with our overseas promotion and upcoming Asian tour so I can’t commit. I’m sorry." Yunho's heart sank. He let out a sigh and forced himself to make his voice sound cheery. "It's ok Fany. I understand. Good luck." "Good luck in finding a skating partner, oppa. By the way, I liked the color of the ice skates" Tiffany replied before she hanged up.

 

Apparently, my so-called friends are busy with something else.  Give it up Jung Yunho. Kiss and cry is not for you. The trees surrounding the skating rink were lit and they sparkled under the dark moon. He surveyed the people in the skating rink. All of them are skating with someone, smiling because of someone. He cupped his face with his palms and sulk in defeat. The more Yunho listened to the laughter around him the more he gets depressed. He had to leave.  Just then, the familiar sound of the skates gliding on ice was suddenly replaced by an approaching sound of crunching boots. He felt that presence stood near him. Yunho ignored and preferred not to look because he doesn’t want to show anyone he's at his worst.

"Yah! Jung Yunho! Do you intend to sit there all night? Emo." Yunho looked at the familiar voice. "Are you trying to bribe me? I don’t need this," Yuri said as she threw the box with the mojo beside Yunho. That moment, Yuri knew that Yunho followed her advice of asking help from his friends. However, it seemed that no one turned up. His eyes were red in tears and in disappointment. That moment, she understood through his eyes how much he loves skating, perhaps next to dancing and acting. "Hachooo!" Yuri let out a thundering sneeze. "I have to go Jung Yunho. I’m done with my business with you," she sniffed as she threw the box with a pair of ice skates on his lap. She patted Yunho's shoulder before she left and sniffed as she walked away.

 

Yunho couldn’t take rejection anymore, he had enough for a day. "Yah! Where are you going? What excuse you’re going to give me?" he snapped. Yeah right Jung Yunho. Who wants to skate wtih you after you injured your partner. You must have left a bad reputation. Your close friends wouldn’t do it for you how much more someone you barely know. "Hachooo!" even from afar, he can hear Yadong sneezing. "I will go home and take a rest. Hachoo! I have an ice skating practice tomorrow morning,” Yuri shouted as she waved goodbye. Yunho stood, affixed. He couldn’t contain his happiness that he ran towards her and suffocated her in his arms. “Yadongsshi, does that mean a yes? Are you going to skate with me” he asked. “Hachoo!” Yuri sneezed on Yunho’s jacket but he didn’t mind. “Yah! Do you really want me to skate with you or you just want to strangle me?” She noticed that people started looking at them so Yuri pushed Yunho away . Yunho looked at Yuri with his small puppy eyes and asked her "Just to formalize this, will you skate with me?" Yuriah, don't tell me those eyes will work on you. I'm sure many girls weren't able to resist that and don't fall for that trap. Yunho batted his short lashes. “Ne ne ne. I’ll skate with you on one condition: return those pink ice skates back to where it come from. I feel like barfing at the sight of it!" she exclaimed.

-----

 

thanks ae_yun7 for subscribing! i'll be taking 2 weeks rest (utmost) since i'll be busy with my real work. Don't worry, I'll try to finish my work before the deadline so I could get back to you ASAP. I promise to that the next episode will be a blast! Hold tight!