003

Beautiful Stranger

003

The first thing they did when they got back to Seoul was to eat. The both of them were pretty starving since they haven’t eaten anything yet since yesterday. Donghae learned that the beautiful stranger’s ex-boyfriend has no idea that she already knew the truth about him and her bestfriend. He asked her why she chose to keep shut when she could’ve shower him with curses while hitting him like there’s no tomorrow.

“Even if I hit him a million times, that wouldn’t lessen and wouldn’t compare the pain I am feeling deep inside,” she answered while staring at nothingness. “Besides, I have something in my mind. I just don’t know how to do it yet.” her straight face suddenly faded and a smirk formed on her face.

Donghae’s brow furrowed in confusion, “What do you mean you have something in your mind? Like a plan or something?”

Sooyeon smirked. “Two can play the game, whoever you are.”

 

“Before I forgot, can we like drop by to get my things?” Sooyeon asked the guy beside her as the both of them got in the car.

“Are you sure? I mean, your bestfriend would be there and…”

“So?” she cut him off. “Don’t worry, I won’t kill her yet but don’t expect me to refuse to start a third world war.” She giggled like a cute girl.

Somehow, Sooyeon forgot the pain she’s carrying with her. Earlier on the drive back to Seoul, she thought of something that she never knew she’ll come up with. She came up with a plan to get even because after all, two can play the game and if he’s the player, she could be the coach. Even if it hurts like hell, she needed this to make him suffer, to make him feel all the pain she’s feeling.

She’s getting ready for revenge just so to call it quits to the man who broke her heart.

“About what you said earlier, the two can play the game thing. Are planning to get even?” Sooyeon knew that this guy she’s with is kind of smart. Guess she was pretty obvious about it. Yes, she’s planning to get even but she doesn’t know how.

“Will you help me?” she looked at him, looking intently at his eyes as she asked him the question. He looked so hesitant before answering.

“And what do I get?”

“Anything that you want.”

Donghae thought for a while and when he seemed to like the idea, he gave in and agreed. “Deal.”

And Sooyeon lead the way to where the apartment is.

 

Jisook seemed like she saw a ghost when she opened the door of her apartment. Right in front of her was her bestfriend and roommate. Sooyeon was smiling from ear to ear while staring at her priceless expression plastered on her face. “Sooyeon-ah? Why didn’t you go home yesterday? I-I was looking for you.”

Sooyeon could sense the uneasiness in Jisook’s voice. She knew she’s getting nervous and she seemed like she’s hiding something ─ probably someone ─ away from her. But she didn’t mind. She knew about it and she decided to just keep shut about it.

“Did I keep you waiting? Sorry for that, Jisook. I was with a…” she started thinking of someone and when she did, she smiled. “I was with a friend last night and yeah, I stayed for the night in his place.” She smirked.

“H-His?” Jisook stuttered. “Y-You mean a-a guy?”

Sooyeon confidently nodded and made her way inside Jisook’s apartment. Jisook was left dumbfounded in the doorstep and when she snapped out of it, she closed the door and went inside. She totally forgot that Minho was in her bedroom. She quickly went to her bedroom and woke him up to warn him that Sooyeon’s there.

Sooyeon knew he was there. She saw his coat hanging somewhere but she just kept silent about it. Right now, she’s acting like she’s clueless when she’s aware of what’s going on behind her. She saw how Jisook franticly went to her room and a few minutes after, she came back wearing a robe. She was just wearing her silk nightgown when she answered the door for her.

“S-Sorry, I wasn’t able to make breakfast yet,” Jisook told her.

Sooyeon studied her bestfriend’s face for a while and she saw a hint of uneasiness in her face. She’s really going to hide that jerk to her, huh?

“A-About what you said earlier,” Jisook found herself stammering and she mentally cursed herself for that. “You said you stayed with your guy friend last night.”

Sooyeon was going in her room, getting her luggage out from where it is hidden and started packing her clothes. She could hear her bestfriend saying those things to her like she seemed interested to what is it all about. Sooyeon rolled her eyes and continued packing.

“Hmm,” she answered. “What about it?”

“I-I m-mean I don’t remember you having any guy friends. A-As far as I know, M-Minho hates it when you’re around guys.” Jisook replied.

What does she care about? Sooyeon thought to herself. She’s actually feeling sick talking to her now. Jisook knew her very well that she knows for a fact that Sooyeon hates liars damn much and here she is, lying to her. Sooyeon was very hurt and upset that she managed to lie to her when she’s one of the person whom she trusted the most.

“And I hate it too when girls clings and flirts with him. I mean, how dare those people? What’s mine is mine and you know I don’t like sharing!” she purposely sounded possessive so that those words hit her bestfriend hard. She knew she will. She said those words just for her.

“Y-Yeah, such flirts, really!” Jisook commented and looked away. That hit her hard.

Sooyeon rolled her eyes and whispered. “Was she pertaining to herself?” she chuckled softly as she asked that stupid question.

 

Sooyeon finished packing her clothes and got herself another duffel bag where she could place her novel books and other sentimental stuffs she has with her. Jisook went inside her room to see her packing her things up. She had gone confused on why the hell is her bestfriend packing up when she basically lives with her.

“Wait,” she spoke, catching Sooyeon’s attention. “You’re leaving?”

Sooyeon just glanced at her and gave her a simple smile before putting her attention back to her stuffs.

“Yeah, I am.”

“What?! Why?” Jisook can’t help herself but to shout because of disbelief. Why is Sooyeon leaving out of a sudden?

“I found a new place, okay? And maybe I have to give you some privacy because I noticed that you’re seeing someone lately,” Sooyeon answered as she faced her liar bestfriend. She faked a smile and gave it to her. It was a fake sweet smile. She held both of Jisook’s shoulder and smiled. On the other hand, Jisook tensed when Sooyeon held her shoulders. She froze upon hearing her say that she’s seeing someone.

Does she know? Does Sooyeon know that the person she’s actually seeing is no other than her boyfriend, Minho? That worried her sick. She began to feel scared and panicky but she tried not to show to Sooyeon or else she’ll have an idea that she’s feeling something about it.

“You seemed happy lately and even if I don’t know who he is, I am happy because he’s making my bestfriend happy.” Sooyeon lightly patted Jisook’s shoulder and went to get her stuffs. She knew she’s taking too long now and the guy’s probably waiting for her in the parking lot.

Jisook took a deep sigh feeling relieved when Sooyeon mentioned that she doesn’t know the guy. She felt alarmed when she knew that she’s seeing someone. Jisook returned the smile that Sooyeon has been giving her. Maybe she’s right about leaving her alone. At least, she won’t have to bother Sooyeon’s presence especially when Minho’s with her in her apartment just like today.

Sooyeon reached the doorstep while carrying her luggage. She turned to Jisook and bade goodbye to her bestfriend. She dropped her duffel bag and went to her “bestfriend” to hug and kiss her on the cheek. It had been a habit of them to kiss each other’s cheeks when saying goodbye and now, it’s all for pretend.

She hugged her tight thinking what if she’ll just hug her so tight so that she wouldn’t be able to breathe. But she isn’t that ruthless. She wants to take everything slow and see them suffering slowly by slowly until she feels satisfied.

She kissed Jisook’s right cheek and mentally told her something that made her smirk: We’re not yet done, biatch. This is just the start.

 

Donghae was patiently waiting for the beautiful stranger to come back. He was wondering what is taking her so long that he can’t wait for another hour or two. He is known for being the impatient one but it feels weird for him to patiently wait for her. He honestly admitted to himself that he feels weird when he’s with that girl and he doesn’t even know for what reason he feels like that.

His car was parked in the parking lot and he kept on looking to where the beautiful stranger entered just earlier hoping she’ll come out anytime soon. But then something caught his eyes ─ no, someone ─ someone that mattered to him the most. He smiled when he saw her as she exited to go towards her car, probably.

But then his smile faded when he saw his brother trailing behind her and when he caught up to her, he saw how happy they were. His brother wrapped his arm around her waist and held her close to him like she’s the only thing that mattered to him. Well, it’s true.

He sighed and realized that no matter what he does, he’ll never get the love she has for his brother. He’ll just look desperate when he kept on chasing her like a fool. Right there, he knew what he was really ought to do.

 

He doesn’t know when but he just noticed her stepping out of that place and he felt relieved that she’s finally there. All that he knew was that he can’t stand another minute staying there after seeing those two people a while ago.

He went out of the car to help the girl with her luggage since she looked like she’s finding a hard time. He had asked her what took her so long only to earn a shrug. She looked a little bit disoriented and of course, sad. It seems like the word sadness and whatever her name is really gets along well with each other.

He knew that sooner or later, those threatening tears will fall from her beautiful eyes. He didn’t know what got into himself that he hugged her. Maybe because that’s the least thing he could to make her feel better somehow and to let her know that she’s not alone.

He told her to go inside the car after pulling away from the hug and asked her to just wait for him to settle her stuffs inside. When he did, he went inside his car and started the ignition.

That’s when he sped off and headed to his place.

 

Jisook really felt weird on how Sooyeon acted that day and the moment she left her apartment, she decided to follow her to where she’s heading. Sooyeon used the elevator while she used the stairs. She thought that will be going down to the lobby but then she saw her exit towards the parking just before she gets down to the third floor.

She asked herself what Sooyeon is doing in the parking lot when she knew that she already sold her car months ago. She began to doubt and followed her to where she’s going. She saw how hopeless Sooyeon looked while walking and when she saw a guy went up to her and hugged her. When he pulled away, he said something to her and got her stuffs from her to put inside the car, that’s when questions flooded to her mind.

Why is Sooyeon with a guy? Was that the guy she mentioned earlier? Why did he hug her? Where are they going? Are they going to live together? What about Minho? She bet he doesn’t know anything about this.

Was Sooyeon cheating with Minho as well?

That question lingered in her mind until she found herself reaching the doorstep of her apartment. Well, she has to look for more evidence if ever that intuition is true.


Feel free to post your feedbacks down below =))))