022

Beautiful Stranger

022

Weeks have already passed and Donghae surely misses Sooyeon's presence around his office. Her training has already come to an end and is now back to their company. It was Monday again and even if she was with him just yesterday, he just couldn't get enough of her. Lunch time came and Donghae found himself still swimming in a pool of papers he needed to review before signing.

Monday hustle it is. He even almost forgot to eat his lunch, if it weren't only for his brother who paid him a visit in his office.

"Lover boy," Dongwoo called, getting his attention. "You busy?"

Donghae glanced at him before putting his attention back to the contract he's reading. "Isn't it obvious, hyung?"

Dongwoo chuckled, shaking his head at the same time. What does he expect from his workaholic of a brother? Donghae works even more than he does now!

"Stop what you're doing," he suddenly told Donghae in a much serious tone. He wasn't really there just to bug his brother off. "Someone wants to see you."

Donghae's brows furrowed. Someone? Dongwoo gave him a devilish smirk before walking out of his room. He sat there, completely lost. There were a lot of things running through his head that he already felt lost about everytbing. After zoning out for a few seconds, he felt his stomach grumble.

Dang, he really needs to eat now. He grabbed his phone and opened it. It was the first time since he arrived in his office that he checked his phone. The sight of the stack of papers on his desk were too overwhelming this morning, he just really wanted to get rid all of them.

10 new messages. And it was all from Sooyeon. He cursed under his breath. How could he forget to tell her he's already in the office?! He wanted to slap himself. Donghae just could imagine Sooyeon's fuming mad face.

", Donghae." He whisphered to himself, snatching and wearing his coat on. He quickly got his keys and wallet before reaching out for the door knob. He swung the door open only to see Sooyeon with a big smile on her face.

"Annyeong~!" she cutely greeted him with a wave.

Donghae's agitated face immediately shifted to a surprised one.

"Yah, Lee Donghae!" Sooyeon called his attention. He seemed to froze upon seeing her outside his office. He glanced at his newly hired secretary, Mr. Kim, in confusion. Mr. Kim only gave him a knowing smile and shrugged. "I actually told him not to tell you I'm here."

Then he suddenly recalled what Dongwoo was saying just earlier. He knew Sooyeon was waiting and he didn't even bother to tell him right away?!

"Are you okay?" Sooyeon worriedly asked. Donghae looked like he's so lost and couldn't process everything in one go.

Mr. Kim butted in, "Mr. Lee was working all morning, Sooyeon-ssi. He didn't have his breakfast, though."

Sooyeon gasped. Her eyes immediately darted towards him and gave him a glare. Donghae could only scratch his nape. 

"You haven't eaten anything since you woke up?!" 

Donghae gave her a sheepish smile and shook his head.

"I had coffee, though," he confidently replied at the same time. 

But coffee still didn't sound good to Sooyeon's ears. She was still giving him death glares. She scared him for a moment there, but he couldn't help but still adore her for looking so cute while she's mad. He could almost see her nose flaring in anger.

"Did you eat already?" Donghae asked, hoping to avert the situation. "Let's go have lunch."

Sooyeon sighed and rolled her eyes, "I sent you a lot of texts. That's why I'm here, pabo!"

"Hehe." Donghae went towards her and engulfed her into a hug. He kissed the top of her head and whispered, "Are you still mad?"

Sooyeon rolled her eyes once more.

"From now on, we're going to have lunch together!" she told him with finality in her voice. It wasn't against idea. In fact, he loved it.

He flashed her a charming smile before reaching for her hand to intertwine to his. "Let's go?"


"Do you still remember our country hoppings together?" Sooyeon mentioned out of nowhere in the middle of their lunch. Donghae nodded, munching on some flavored cake.

"How could I forget that?"

Sooyeon smiled. They were memories that she treasured the most. She holds every memory with him close to her heart. How could she even forget that, as well? It was when she really got to know Donghae even more. She even discovered that he loves taking pictures.

"You took a lot of photos back then," she said, taking a sip of her mango juice. "I kept them."

Donghae's eyes widened a bit at the mention of the photos. They were still in his camera, untouched. After Sooyeon left, he didn't bother taking a look at the pictures he took during those times. It just made him miss her more.

"I secretly took your camera while you were in the office," Sooyeon confessed. "I had it printed and made a scrapbook."

"Y-You did?" Donghae couldn't believe what he was hearing. And it warms his heart to know how much Sooyeon treasures their memories together—even the little things.

"Do you want to see it?" Sooyeon asked.

Of course, he does! He nodded in excitement. He heard Sooyeon laugh a bit. Right at that moment he felt like his world slowed down a bit. How does she manage to make him feel such things he never felt before? The way she closes her eyes, how automatically her hand covers when she laughs. It was so feminine and so lovely, he could just look at her all day. Indeed, happiness looks so damn good on her.

The Sooyeon that he's seeing right now is far different from the Sooyeon he met years ago. He brought out the best in her. Donghae began to realize that being apart for quite some time did them good. They wouldn't be who they are now if it weren't for that one decision.

"Yah, you're zoning a lot these days." Sooyeon interrupted his thoughts. She was getting worried. He looked so stressed with work. "Do we have a problem, love?"

Donghae immediately shook his head. "Don't worry about me, love. It's just today's work. The pile of papers were just stressing me out."

"I could see that. You didn't even had breakfast." she pouted cutely that made him chuckle and slightly pinch her cheek.

"What if I pick you up at your house starting tomorrow, have breakfast before we go to work then at lunch, I'll drive to your building to pick you up again and have lunch together? How's that sounds?" Donghae suggested.

"Ani," she said in disagreement to some terms. "What if during lunch we meet halfway? I don't want to be unfair to you."

"if you insist," Donghae nodded. "Call?"

Sooyeon smiled and showed a thumbs up, "Call."

"Ah, by the way, I've already informed your father about this, actually, and he agreed. I have a conference to attend to Paris next week. I want you to come." Donghae told her with an unknowing smile.

He saw how her eyes glimmered at the mention of Paris. Sooyeon had always loved Paris, and he just know that she would definitely want to go.

"I'll clear my schedule for that!" she giggled and even clapped her hands like a young girl. "I feel so excited!"

"Me too," Donghae replied with a smile, but deep down, he also felt nervous. "Me too."

-

why is he nervous, though? hmm 🤔