013

Beautiful Stranger

013

Donghae found himself driving along a familiar highway. It is indeed undoubting that he knows that highway he’s driving onto. However, he couldn’t seem to focus on the road since someone’s trying to catch his eyes. He just couldn’t keep his eyes away from the person sitting on the passenger seat. Her hair was being blown by the air in the most beautiful way you could imagine as she stares intently on what’s outside. She looked so fascinated with the shining city lights she’s seeing from afar.

Jung Sooyeon.

She looked so beautiful right now as her hair was perfectly being blown by the cool wind. He loved her hair like that. If he were to die right at that moment, Sooyeon, looking like that would be the last thing he would like to see.

He could hear his heart pounding and it seemed like it was the only thing that he could hear as of that moment. His heart is skipping a beat and he felt like his heart is going out of his chest anytime soon. Jung Sooyeon never failed to take his breath away. She is the only person who could make his heart like this ─ make him feel like this. And it felt so good having her beside him that he couldn’t ask for more.

Finally, she’s here and only God knows how thankful and happy he is having her right now with him.

They went to the cliff they always go to. It was their secret hideout and the only place where they could find peace. It was a very special place for the both of them and heaven knows how much Sooyeon loved to go there whenever she wants to clear her mind. When she left, there was no place to go for Donghae other than that cliff, his place and his office. He admits that he would always go there whenever he misses her. It’s really been a long time since she left and now that she’s finally here, he won’t let his chance go. He let it go once, there is no way he’s going to do it twice.

He only did it because she wants to. And even though he thought once to himself that weakness and him has never been in a sentence before, now he became fully aware that he actually has one and that is Jung Sooyeon. She is the one and only weakness he has and God knows how much he’s afraid of losing her again. She’s the air that he breathes like oxygen that’s keeping him alive. She’s the reason why he wakes up in the morning and makes him to get moving. She’s his everything and there’s no any other reason for Lee Donghae to let go of someone like Jung Sooyeon.

He watched how the city lights glimmered in her eyes as they sat side by side to watch the same old breathtaking cityscape in front of them. The view may be that fascinating but for Lee Donghae, the view is nothing to the lady’s beauty beside him. He would sometimes ask himself what is it with her that made him feel like that. He just found himself falling and knowing there’s no way out and nothing to do, he just let himself fall.

Sometimes he would wonder if Sooyeon’s a witch that casted him under a spell called love. He felt like he took a shot of love posion unknowingly that made him fall head over heels of her. The feeling he feels for Sooyeon is extraordinarily different from any other. No, he wasn’t in love with the fact that he loves her like the way he used to Jaekyung. With Jung Sooyeon, it’s different, big time. Two years had passed and in that two freaking years of thinking a lot, he assured himself that he’s indeed in love with her and has never been that sure with what he truly feels for her. Two years and it didn’t change a bit except for the fact that he just keep on falling and falling more.

He’s in love with her.

Madly.

Deeply in love with Jung Sooyeon and he knows, there’s no way out.

In the game of love, he’s ready to take his chance. He’s willing to risk it all because after all, Jung Sooyeon is worth the risk and worth the pain. Because in this game called love, there’s no turning back and the only thing you got to do is to play without a way out.

He watched her as she watched the view in front of them. He loves staring at her serene face for she looks so calm and peaceful and he just can’t help himself but to fall in love even more.

How can he fall in love every damn time?

Donghae knew to himself that it isn’t normal anymore but he didn’t care. He loves her and for him, that’s all that matters. He never really thought he could love this much to the extent that he spent the last two years waiting for even though he has no idea if he still has a chance on her. Two damn years of longing and yearning and now it finally came to an end.

Sooyeon turned her head towards him and looked at him right into his eyes as a sweet smile instantly formed on her face.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked as she let out a chuckle. “You’re such a creeper, don’t you know that?”

He chuckled and looked intently at her beautiful eyes. He touched her cheek and caressed her beautiful face. “I missed you, beautiful stranger.”

Sooyeon’s smile grew as she looked back at him. “Two years, Donghae, two years had passed and still, you call me that?” she laughed a bit and shook her head. He missed the way that she laughs and seeing her happy face makes his head go into the clouds. Sooyeon’s face turned serious right after and looked at him again.

“I missed you too, goodness! You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” She replied as she smiled at him even more.

Donghae couldn’t find the right words to say. He was too delighted to hear from that she had missed him too. It’s good to know that all along, she’s also missing him the way he misses her.

“You don’t have any idea how happy I am right now, Sooyeon,” he told her with so much sincerity in his voice. He held her delicate hands and intertwined his fingers with hers. “And you don’t have the slightest idea how much I am in love with you.”

Sooyeon let out a small giggle and it was a very cute sound that repeated in his mind over and over again.

She gave him a sweet smile before responding.

“I love y─”

 

Donghae woke up by the sound of the buzzing doorbell. The sun illuminated his skin as he cursed himself for forgetting to fix the curtains last night. The buzzing sound of his doorbell ringed in his ears for what seemed like forever and he swore, it was damn irritating because the person in his doorstep kept on hitting his doorbell like there’s no tomorrow.

“For goodness’ sake, it was a dream?!” he shouted at himself while questioning the dream that he just had. Yep, he dreamed of him and Sooyeon finally seeing each other after what seemed like forever tomorrow. He let out a deep sigh and messed up his hair. In two years, he only had two dreams about Sooyeon. The first one was at the church and he was standing right there at the altar while he stares at the beautiful woman walking down the aisle, towards his direction. It was Sooyeon and God knows how much he missed her when he found it was only just a dream.

The doorbell buzzed again and even though he doesn’t feel like getting up from his bed, he unwillingly forced himself up and went to his door to answer it. His hair was disheveled and running to every direction it could run to. His eyes were half-open and half-close and considering he’s wearing nothing but just boxer shorts? He really looks like he just got up from bed. He glanced at the clock and it reads 8:44 in the morning. It was too damn early for someone to come knocking on his door plus, he’s having a terrible headache because of his hangover. Yep, he got drunk again last night because of the stress he’s receiving lately ─ oh, he’s a little bit depressed as well. Probably that’s the reason why he dreamed of her again because he kept on thinking about her last night that he just drifted off to sleep with her in his mind.

Damn it, Sooyeon. How do you manage to make me feel like this when you’re not even around? He thought to himself as he cursed himself for drinking last night.

He answered the door and heard a little gasp from a little girl.

“Mommy! Did uncle run out of clothes already?” the little girl immediately covered her innocent eyes upon seeing her half- uncle who just got up from the bed. Jooyeon’s eyes widened upon seeing the same thing and Donghae earned a hit from his dear sister.

“What the─? What was that for?!”

“Don’t you know how to dress up?!” Jooyeon yelled and gave her brother a glare. “I have a kid with me, you rascal! Why do you have to look like that?!”

“Would I look like this if I’m aware that you’re bringing my niece over here in my place?” Donghae retorted.

Jooyeon sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Let us in and put on some shirt,” she told him in which he did. “Your body isn’t that nice, though. Tch.” She whispered but Donghae managed to hear it.

Donghae looked back. “Excuse me? This body?” he pointed at his toned body. “You’ve got to be kidding me, Jooyeon.” He smirked.

Jooyeon exhaled and glared at her brother. She grabbed anything that she could grab and threw it at Donghae. “GO PUT ON A SHIRT! MY DAUGHTER’S HERE!”

Thanks to Donghae’s fast reflexes that he was able to catch just in time the throw-pillow that his sister tried to throw at him. He smirked again and went inside his room to put on a shirt. He went with a black v-neck shirt and khaki shorts just to look decent in front of his niece.

When he came back, his niece, Jiyeon, was sitting beside his Mommy while talking. She’s sitting like a lady while her Mom was fixing her hair. His sister really became a good mother. She’s raising her daughter well like a fine lady and even though, he couldn’t sometimes tell it directly to Jooyeon, he knows to himself that he’s proud of his sister for becoming a good mother to her daughter. God knows how much he wished to have a wife just like his sister that would take good care of him and his future kids.

Donghae immediately went to his niece and gave her a big hug in which little Jiyeon returned. She was the one who requested her mother if she could stay with her uncle for while her parents are away for a business trip. Little Jiyeon really missed her Uncle Donghae and between her two uncles, her uncle Donghae is the closest to her.

“Uncle, did you run out of clothes already? Why don’t you have any clothes a while ago?” Little Jiyeon innocently asked. Donghae’s mouth parted at his niece’s first question. She was looking at him as she patiently waited for her uncle to answer.

Donghae glanced at Jooyeon, trying to come up with an answer. Jooyeon just shrugged and stuck her tongue out.

Donghae nervously smiled at Jiyeon and just shook his head. “Sorry about that, princess. Uncle forgot to do his laundry, that’s why.”

He thanked the heavens when Jiyeon believed his reason.

“How’s our little Jiyeon doing? Are you doing good?” he asked Jiyeon while he lifted her up to make her sit on his lap.

Jiyeon nodded enthusiastically while smiling. “Yes, uncle! I’m doing really good. Mommy said that we will go to Disneyland when they come back because I’m very good. Do you believe that, uncle? I’m going to see Minnie Mouseu already!” she squealed and looked so excited.

Donghae laughed a bit. Jiyeon looked so cute by just doing that. Everything that she does makes her look cute. Donghae fixed his niece’s bangs and also her cute headband which is the same as her favorite Minnie Mouse.

“Are you excited already?” he asked.

Jiyeon nodded her head repeatedly as she grinned from ear to ear. He really has a soft spot for kids that he also can’t wait to see his niece or nephew to Dongwoo. Her brother and his sister already have their own family and of course, it is inevitable for him to think of starting a family. Sometimes he would feel envious of them just because they’ve already found the right ones for them while he, himself, still waiting for that one person. God knows how much he wanted to have a kid and maybe that’s why he’s fond of his niece.

“Yes! I am very excited, Uncle! I’m going to see Minnie Mouseu and her boyfriend, Mickey Mouseu! I’m also very excited to see Daisy and Donald Duck! And Goofy too! And Pluto too! Can we watch Mickey Mouseu Clubhouse later, Uncle?” she asked as she tried to catch her breath for a while.

Donghae nodded and smiled, “Of course, we can. Later, okay?”

Jiyeon nodded as well. “Daddy once told me that he is also like Mickey Mouseu and Mommy is her Minnie Mouseu because Daddy is Mommy’s boyfwend. Uncle Dongwoo also told me that he’s also like Mickey and Aunt Jaekyung is his Minnie Mouseu because Aunt Jaekyung is his girlfwend. How about you, Uncle? Do you have a Minnie Mouseu too?” she giggled as she asked, showing her cute eyesmile to her uncle.

Donghae raised his brows and let out a chuckle. “Aigoo, this kid.”

“Uncle! You should answer me! Mommy said that when someone asks you, you should answer them nicely. So uncle, you have to answer my question nicely too!” Jiyeon added.

Donghae glanced at Jooyeon again who snorted when Jiyeon asked him the million-dollar question. How can a four-year old leave him speechless just because of an innocent question? Before he could answer, Jooyeon spoke.

“Uncle has lots of Minnie Mouse, baby.” Jooyeon said and giggled.

Jiyeon’s eyebrows creased in a cute way and crossed her arms. “Only one Minnie Mouseu, Mommy! Tell me, Uncle! Only one Minnie Mouseu, right?”

Donghae chuckled at his niece’s cuteness and nodded. “Yes, only one Minnie Mouseu!” he answered and pinched his niece’s chubby cheeks gently.

An hour had passed and Jiyeon is silently watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes in the TV while her Mom and Uncle are just behind her. She was watching intently and every time the characters dance, she will dance along cutely. Donghae couldn’t help himself but to want a kid as soon as possible but that thought would only be possible years from now.

He was just watching his niece when Jooyeon caught his attention.

“Jiyeon wants to spend some time with you. She was the one who asked me bring her here because she misses you so please, watch her for me.” Jooyeon told him with a soft smile.

He nodded as he ran his fingers through his hair. “Anything for my niece,”

Jooyeon smiled and thanked him. “I know you still have some work to do tomorrow and the following days. I know you’re busy but Jiyeon really wants to be with you. If you want, you can bring her to Mom tomorrow before you go to work so you can focus at work.”

Donghae shook his head. “It’s okay. I can bring her with me. Besides, I finished all my paper works two days ago. I won’t be that busy for the next two days.” Donghae replied.

“If that’s the case then, can I leave one more assignment for you?” Jooyeon asked again.

He looked at Jooyeon and raised his brows as he played with his phone.

“I have a meeting tomorrow with an important client tomorrow and due to our sudden business trip, I can’t make it…” Jooyeon answered while she played with her hands.

Donghae just nodded his head. “I’ll cover up for you. Just tell me the details so I could meet your client tomorrow.”

“It’s with the Jungs.” Jooyeon told him.

Jung.

Now, he can’t stop thinking about Sooyeon again. Why does everything in this world seem to have a connection with her that every time there’s a certain word that relates on her makes him think about her more and more.

He just nodded absent-mindedly as he watched the cartoon show that his niece is watching.

“I’ve gone into meetings with Mr. Jung and this time, I want you to close the deal. I know you can do it, Hae. And also, he’s bringing his family tomorrow with him in that meeting. He told me that his daughter show observe since she’s training.” Jooyeon added.

“I’ll be there, don’t worry,” Donghae answered. “Dongwoo can’t come, right? Apparently, he’s busy being a father even if his kid isn’t out yet.”

Jooyeon smiled. “Aigoo, you’re going to be like that too so shut up!” she teased. “Maybe not now, not tomorrow but someday, you’re going to be a father.”

Donghae faked a chuckle.

“And since you’re going to be a father someday, might as well be a father to my little Jiyeon just for temporary until we get back, alright?” Jooyeon gave him a playful smirk.

“I didn’t sign up for this, Jooyeon.” He smirked, obviously playing with his sister. “I’m an architect, not a nanny.”

“When the time comes that you became a Daddy, you’ll end up looking like a nanny, Donghae. Might as well just shut up and do what I asked you to do. After all, you agreed.”

Donghae sighed.

He’s never going to win an argument with Lee Jooyeon.

“Fine!” he gave up. “If it wasn’t for my niece, though.”

Jooyeon laughed.


 

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm back with a new update so I hope you guys liked it somehow. Yesterday was SMTOWN Concert in Tokyo and I just suddenly missed Haesica because SMTOWN concert is the only hope I have in seeing interactions of my OTPs and since 9/30 happened, it just breaks my heart. When will I see my OTP interact? Do you guys still remember Donghae's instavid back in August 2014 during the SMTOWN Concert? I was so happy when Jessica appeared in that instavid post of Donghae! 

By the way, I'm sorry if this update took so long. Sorry for being so busy that I couldn't find some time to update but tell you what, I'll update when I have time and when I came up with something, alright? Also, I would like to hear your feedbacks so keep it coming! Send your comments on the comment section below! Thank you guys for reading and hope that you'll wait for the next one! Lots of love, take care!