021

Beautiful Stranger

021

Last night's dinner with Donghae's family still lingered on Sooyeon's mind. She couldn't help but notice how much has changed over the years. She felt relieved to know that Donghae is now finally okay with his family. But what really moved her was how his family welcomed her like she's already part of them.

"What are you thinking, love?" a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder and looked at the sight in front of them.

Seoul has always looked this mesmerizing, the reason why Donghae chose this place. He felt Sooyeon let out a sigh. She felt so overwhelmed with everything that is happening. It felt like everything is slowly going to its own places.

"I was just thinking..." she suddenly spoke. "What could've happened if I didn't choose to leave back then?"

It was a question that kept running through her mind. She was a wreck when they happened. Donghae came to her so unexpected, she didn't see it coming. He was there for her when she needed someone. He kept her, made her feel what it's like to be taken care of, to be loved. All these years, she still felt sorry that she chose to leave when she knew to herself she didn't really mean to.

"Is it important? What matters is you're here now..." Donghae whispered in her ear and gave her a light kiss on the side of her head. She closed her eyes and smiled. A tear rolled down on her cheek.

"Love, are you crying?" Donghae worriedly asked when he saw her tearing a bit. Sooyeon turned to face him and drew closer to him and snuggled him.

Tears started streaming down her face as her hug tightened around him. Donghae couldn't do anything, only to hug her back. He has no idea why she just started crying. But it's Sooyeon after all.

"I'm sorry," she muttered. "I didn't want to leave you then, but I just don't want to be unfair to you."

Everything was so messed up for her back then and she felt like his love was too much for her that she couldn't handle. She was afraid history might repeat itself. She needed time and space. To pick up the pieces of her old self. So that she could be that person who deserves Donghae's love.

"I don't want to be unfair to you. I'm sorry." she kept on saying against his chest. He continued to hush her as he rubbed his palms on her back.

"You don't have to be sorry. Please stop saying sorry, baby. You only did what you think was the best for you." he assured her as he tightened his hug around her. Donghae made her face him as he cupped both her cheeks.

He kissed her tears away.

"We're okay now, love. Don't think too much. You've done nothing wrong. Everything's alright as long as you're right beside me." he told her and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you so much." she said as she hiccuped.

Donghae let out a chuckle on how cute she looked. He pulled her once again for a hug.

"I love you more than you'll ever know." he told her, closing his eyes.

Having her in his arms, having to hold her, Donghae just know he's already home.

 

author's note

hi, it's me again 👋 i know i haven't updated for a really long time and from the bottom of my heart, i want to sincerely apologize for that. college is one hell of a struggle. nevertheless, i want you guys to know that i've finally graduated!!! ☺️✨ i just started to write again after what seemed like forever. tbh, i don't know if there are still people who reads this story or if my readers are still around considering i've been away for years. i really apologize if i sort of neglected writing for quite a while 😭 but here i am now!! i am back 💓

hope you guys liked this chapter despite of it being a short one ☺️ 굿밤!