015

Beautiful Stranger

015

Heart beats fast.

It is as if the whole world stopped for a moment and everything around seemed to disappear like a bubble. It is as if the time started to tick slowly than before and everything went into a slow motion and right now, as he stares at her with so much surprise and happiness, he realized that he got all that he needs.

Right there, in front of him.

 

Retrouvaille

That indescribable feeling within you, the happiness that you feel when you finally meet someone again after what seemed like forever. And he swore, it felt like the very first time he saw her. It felt like heaven seeing her again after all the years that had gone by.

Those same old pretty hazel brown eyes and that long silky brown hair that even though she already cut it a bit shorter than before, she still looked the same. She’s gone prettier than ever and she didn’t change a bit ─ except for the fact that she got a little thinner than the last time he saw her. But generally, she’s still the same Sooyeon who decide to leave and find herself.

And from what he could see right now is that yes, she had finally found and picked up the pieces of her broken self. She’s whole again and he could tell it by just looking into her eyes ─ those eyes which always says the other way around whenever she’s trying to tell a lie, those eyes which he will never get tired of looking at, those lovely brown eyes which he missed all the damn time.

And as he looks at her, genuine happiness is all that he could feel.

Finally, after the long wait, the missing, the yearning and the longing, it has finally come to an end and now, this is the prize.

It is truly worth it.

She’s truly worth the wait.

Jung Sooyeon is back and God knows how big of a surprise for him to know that.

Lee Donghae is the happiest.

 

Architect Lee Donghae,” Mr. Jung immediately snapped him out of his thoughts and caught his attention. “I heard that your sister won’t be able to make it here today so she sent you.”

Donghae nodded in agreement and accepted the elder’s hand politely for a handshake the he’s offering.

“It is nice to finally meet you, Mr. Jung. I’ve heard a lot of good things about you,” he looked at Mr. Jung’s wife as an acknowledgement and then gave Sooyeon a meaningful look as he gave her a nod. “… and of course, about your family as well.”

“Well, thank you for that, Architect,” Mr. Jung seemed to like the compliment and thanked Donghae before chuckling. “It is also nice to meet you and of course, I’ve also heard a lot about you.”

“Before we could start, I want you to meet my wife and of course, my beautiful daughter, Jung Sooyeon,” Mr. Jung introduced.

Donghae immediately offered his hand to Mrs. Jung for a handshake in which Mrs. Jung accepted afterwards. He turned to Sooyeon and offered his hand to her while the smirking at her a little bit. Sooyeon looked so uneasy and hesitant at first but she managed to accept his hand and shook it.

“It’s nice to see you again, Ms. Jung.” Donghae remarked before letting go of her quite cold hand. He saw how she raised her head and looked at him with her widened eyes. Donghae knows to himself how funny and cute she looked when she did that.

“You know her, Donghae?” Mr. Jung interrupted and asked Donghae upon hearing his remark.

“Yes, I do, Mr. Jung,” Donghae answered in an instant with a smile forming on his face. “I met her years ago in a…” he looked at her and saw her giving that don’t-you-dare look from her in which he already got her point.

“In a café in Paris,” he continued with an uneasy smile. “I saw her there and I just knew that she’s also a Korean like me so yeah, I approached her then we got along.”

Mrs. Jung was listening attentively to him while smiling and God knows how much she wanted Donghae to be with her daughter.

“Well, that’s great!” Mr. Jung said and glanced at Sooyeon then back at Donghae. “Since you two know each other, why not let Sooyeon train under the Lees? LGC is gaining a lot of recognition these days, especially your firm, Donghae. In that way, my Sooyeon will be able to be trained.”

“Dad, you don’t have to,” Sooyeon interrupted. “I told you I want to take it slow and I still want to experience what it feels like to start at the bottom. We talked about this already, right?” she asked using a shy tone.

“I actually like that idea of yours, Mr. Jung. Besides, I’d be willing to help you with her training.” Donghae was grinning and he actually likes what is happening as of the moment. Sooyeon immediately looked at him and gave him a death glare but yeah, knowing she was once stuck with him, Lee Donghae is completely immune to her icy glares.

It was obvious for Donghae that he actually likes the idea of her training under his family’s company and her Dad seems to like his own idea as well. Sooyeon felt like defeated by the two and even her Mom likes the idea! But on top of that, why is Donghae even doing such thing to her?

Damn it, Lee Donghae.

She admitted to herself that she can’t hate him as much as she wanted to for doing such thing to her. How can you hate a guy like him? Everything about him is just so damn likeable. Well, she seems to like her Dad’s idea as well, however, working with Donghae? How is she supposed to focus on her work when she’s with him? He always takes her focus and concentration away even if he’s not doing anything yet.

But to sum it up, she actually likes the idea of working with him.

There are just some circumstances to consider but she erased all of those. Sooyeon suddenly remembered what Taeyeon told her.

Go fight for your love.

And everything they had talked about earlier went back to her mind like a storm surge. Sooyeon never really expected everything to turn out like this. All that she’s aware of is that she’s going to have a dinner with her family together with Jooyeon. But how fast could things change, right? Everything seemed like to turn upside down and the most unexpected thing happened without her knowing.

Never did she expect she’ll be seeing Lee Donghae today.

She wasn’t even ready for it!

“Since you’ve mentioned that you’re willing to start at the bottom,” Mr. Jung looked at her daughter then to Donghae. “Donghae, I heard you never hired an assistant ever since you started to make your name in the business industry?”

Donghae nodded as a response with a smile.

Sooyeon gasped upon knowing such thing like who would survive without an assistant who will organize everything for him? Damn it, Lee Donghae is really something.

“You never hired one?” Sooyeon asked him, still in state of shock.

“Never did I hire once,” he answered with a smile that never wanted to leave his face as he looks at her with so much amusement. “But I seem to get your point with that, Mr. Jung” he added as he turned to Sooyeon’s father.

“I can always make an exception,” Donghae mentioned and looked directly into Sooyeon’s eyes. “He smirked.

“That’s settled then,” Mr. Jung smiled. “I’ll talk to your father about that,”

Sooyeon couldn’t just believe that her Dad decided to make his own daughter as an assistant. Well, aside from the fact that it’s kind of a good start to see what she can really do and what skills she possesses but still, there’s a part of her that’s quite unsure of the job.

“But I don’t just want you to be an assistant, Sooyeon. Let’s make you my executive assistant.” Donghae flashed a smile before asking her father if that idea is much more okay than the previous one.

“I like that idea more,”

‘Now I’m a step closer, let’s make you mine’ is what Lee Donghae could ever think of.


 

NOTE:

Missed me? Lol hahahaha! I know I've been a way for already a month and four days and I'm so sorry if I kept you guys waiting for an update. It's just that I can't seem to find some time to write an update :( I'm sorry if it took so long and I'm sorry if this chapter is lame. I kind of just rushed it and my mind isn't working when I wrote this. I really am sorry if this chapter is not that good and kind of short. My mind's dysfunctional as of the moment :( I don't know when will the next update be but I'll surely update when I have time (even if there's no much time).

So sorry guys and I hope you guys somehow liked this chapter.

I'll try to write a good one soon, hopefully.

PS: I have three quizzes tomorrow. Please bear with me just for now :(