Memories

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

His friends were talking about the new girl. He could hear them but he couldn't focus. His thoughts focused on the little girl he made a deal with earlier. Indeed, she made true to her pact. Jiyong couldn't see them anymore. He was free. But why do I feel like I'm in big trouble?

 

She said I had to do something for her. That must be why, he thought. His mind concocted a million other reasons, possible or not, that the little girl Jin Ae would have him do. After all, she's not human. If she can keep the ghosts away from me, she can do anything. He shuddered at the thought.

 

Then somewhere in the throng of students in the cafeteria, he saw her. Jin Ae was beckoning him to come to her. A big grin was plastered on her face as she giddily ran through the door without opening it.

 

Jiyong stood up, not minding the question thrown at him by Seunghyun. He needed to follow her. Like a programmed robot, his body moved and maneuvered in the direction the Jin Ae took. He didn't stop at anything, not even at Seungri.

 

Unbeknownst to Jiyong, somebody else saw the little girl. A few tables away from him, Dara stood and apologized to Donghae for leaving early. As quickly as she could, she followed Jiyong out of the door.

 

 

 

 

The rooftop was void of students. Students weren't normally allowed there in the first place. That rule was disregarded by two people and an entity as they stood facing each other with the wind unusually cold on the former's faces.

 

"I don't remember inviting you here, Dara," blinks Jin Ae innocently.

 

"You should stop whatever it is you're planning. People aren't toys, Jin Ae," Dara replied curtly.

 

"You are such a party pooper. No wonder you don’t have friends," the little girl teasingly says.

 

Dara just scoffed at her remark. She put out the meanest glare she could muster at the little girl, never minding the fear she felt bubbling inside. Jin Ae just giggled and clapped her hands.

 

"Aigoo, you've had your confidence boosted." Then she added on a serious note, "That little piece of charm won't protect you forever, you know."

 

Chills ran through Dara's spine as she protectively clasped her hand around the bracelet Jin Ae pointed at. She swallowed her nerves and did her best to keep her face tranquil.

 

"H-how…" Jiyong began.

 

"You finally found your tongue."

 

"Keep away from Jin Ae. She's bad news," says Dara.

 

"Huh?" Jiyong asks dumbly.

 

"I'll talk to you later oppa. The bell is about to ring," Jin Ae cheerfully says.

 

Jiyong's feet dragged his body limply outside as his brain processed everything that just happened. His mind was in jumbles.

 

"He's a dumb one," says Dara.

 

"I know, right?" replied Jin Ae.

 

"This is not a place for you."

 

"Don't keep me away from my fun. You know what I'm capable of."

 

"As long as you keep your promise."

 

"I don't kill my toys, if that's what you're worried about. You're still alive, as you can see."

 

Dara smirked. Yeah, right. I'm more of a walking corpse, she thought. Missing pieces of her childhood memories spammed her thoughts. There were blank places. There were blank faces. There was a lot she couldn't remember.

 

Seeing as there was nothing else to discuss, Dara turned away from Jin Ae and made her way to her classroom. The little girl, left alone, just laughed loudly to herself.

 

"Aah~ I should have kept her memory intact. Reuniting with her friend who has forgotten everything about her would have been torture if she remembered him. It could have been quite amusing…"