Seungri

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

Little Seungri was excited. It was the last week of summer vacation and his dad promised he could spend it with his cousin Lee Donghae. And seven-year old Seungri had done nothing but behave all summer long.

 

"Are we there yet?" he excitedly asks as he bounced on his seat.

 

"Almost there, young master," says his driver.

 

The little boy nodded and turned his attention to the scenery outside. His parents were out of the country for a business trip. They wanted to bring him along but he adamantly refused. He wanted to stay in Korea.

 

"Ahjussi…"

 

"Yes young master?"

 

"Nothing." He actually wanted to ask if his noona would be there but decided not to ask.

 

His driver smiled inwardly, amused by his young master. Bubbly little Seungri has always had this irrational need for attention from his Dara noona. Everyone in his household knew this. Well, everyone except for his parents. The boy was really attached to the girl.

 

A big Victorian mansion soon came into view and little Seungri's eyes lit up like fireworks. The car pulled to a stop by the foot of the entrance stairs and the driver alighted. He opened the door for his little master who quickly bounced off the car and ran towards the doors.

 

"WE'RE HERE! WE'RE HERE!" he chanted loudly.

 

The servants awaiting them by the doors couldn't hide their amusement. Little Seungri ran past them and headed straight to the back garden where he knew his hyung would be playing at.

 

"I'M HEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs when he neared the little gazebo.

 

Three heads turned to his direction, all smiles. Donghae was currently engaged in a fierce chess battle with Dara (the loser had to be flicked in the forehead) while little Jessica watched at the sidelines. Dara stood up and faced the just arrived little Seungri then opened her arms wide.

 

"Seungri-ah!!!"

 

"Noooooona!!!" he screams as he jumped into his favorite noona's arms.

 

"As much as I love Seungri, I hate it when he steals all of Dara unnie's attention," pouted Jessica.

 

Donghae just shook his head chuckling. He and Jessica basically grew up together.  They met Dara at a children's party three summers back when Hae and Dara were seven and Jessica was six. Dara met Seungri a year later when he visited his Donghae hyung. He stuck to Dara like glue since then. Jessica was also very attached to Dara which made her a little less happy when Dara focused her attention on Seungri.

 

"Noona, when are you going to introduce me to your little brother?" asks Seungri, still wrapped in Dara's arms.

 

"Mmm. Come to think of it, we still haven't met each others' families formally yet," chimes Donghae.

 

"Aigoo, my brothers have gone to the States already. I guess you'll meet them next time when they come visit," says Dara.

 

"My parents are out of town with my baby sister. I told them to spend more time with her and spoil her just like they did me when I was small like her," chirps Jessica.

 

Dara let go of Seungri and went to Jessica, patting her head lovingly. Donghae also stood up and pinched her cheek. Seungri despite  not completely understanding the situation also came to Jessica's side and hugged her.

 

"Err… What are you guys doing?" Jessica tensed.

 

"Our baby Jessica's so grown up. Aigoo, I remember when you were still running around in your diape- ow!" Donghae retrieved his hand that was hit by an annoyed Jessica.

 

Dara laughed loudly and pulled Jessica in for a hug despite her protests, claiming she felt suffocated. After a few more teasing and a lot of giggling, they released her. Three games and a tickle-fest later, they were down and exhausted. They rested on the grass by the gazebo side by side, staring at the clouds.

 

"I wanna do something else," declared Donghae.

 

"Hmmm…" hummed Dara.

 

"You guys want to go exploring with me?" he says again.

 

"You'll make us go with you even if we say no anyway, oppa," Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

"Smart mouth," grumbled Donghae. "Anyway, we'll go to my dad's school after lunch. There's an old building there that I want to see."

 

"Your dad's not gonna like it, hyung," says Seungri.

 

"Dad's out of town. As long as the maids keep it to themselves and none of you guys blab, we'll be fine."

 

"Gee, Hae. You have so much faith in us," Dara sarcastically says.

 

"So you're in?" Donghae smiles.

 

"As long as Seungri doesn't come with us," she says.

 

"Ah, whyyyyy?" Seungri whines.

 

"Because you're such a baby," Jessica says matter-of-factly.

 

"That and you need your afternoon nap to stay as my happy bubbly Seungri," says Dara.

 

"Okay." Seungri sighs dramatically and cuddles closer to Dara. Dara extends her arms so the boy could use it as a pillow.

 

It always has been a mystery to Donghae why Seungri would listen to his Dara noona like an obedient kid while he would whine twice as much and throw tantrums when he couldn't get what he wants with someone else. Brushing the thought off, Donghae stood up and brushed his clothes off dust.

 

"Where are you going?" asks Dara.

 

"Lunch. Let's go," says Donghae.

 

 


 

There was a time like that. A time when they were all happy. When they could still laugh and play around without care. They were happy then. Very happy.

 

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Seungri laughed bitterly. How perfect Charles Dickens summarized that one week they had. He wiped an escaped tear from his eyes.

 

"," he muttered as he leaned back on his chair.

 

 Seungri decided to skip his afternoon classes and drive to a nearby café. I wouldn't be able to concentrate anyway, he justified.

 

After seeing Dara earlier, he couldn't think straight. He wanted to follow her but he didn't want to break his promise. Instead, he opted to go to the music room where he was certain he would find his dear Jessica noona and Donghae hyung. Sure enough, there they were. Laughing, making music. They were happy.

 

He shook his head to get rid of the image. Reaching in his shirt, he a ring which glittered like the sun. He closed his eyes and rested his head on his folded arm on the table. Everything will be okay, right?

 

 

 


 

Something cold brushed upon his forehead. Little Seungri opened his eyes to a room illuminated only by the moon peeking from the open window. A small lone figure sat by his bedside. Dara noona.

 

"Shhh," she softly said as Seungri sat up and tenderly rubbed his eyes.

 

"What are you doing here, noona?" he whispers.

 

"Seungri-ah… I need you to be brave. You have to be strong and listen to noona." Her voice was shaky.

 

Little Seungri didn't like wherever this conversation was headed at all. He was very confused. Nevertheless, he nodded and tried his best to keep his tears at bay. He had to look strong in front of his noona which made the latter produce a small smile before continuing.

 

"A lot of things are going to happen. There will be a lot of changes and things will be confusing. But you have to trust me, okay?"

 

Again, Seungri nodded, knowing he would burst into tears if he as so much uttered a word.

 

"You know Dara noona loves you very much, don't you?"

 

He clutched her hand and tightened his grip, as if he were afraid she might fade away if he let go. Tears started to pour from his eyes. He was crying. Dara removed one of her hands from his and gently caressed his tousled hair.

 

"You have to do something for me. You'll do what noona tells you, won't you?"

 

"Y-yes…"

 

"Good boy," she says. She took off a ring that hung around her neck and put it around Seungri's. "Never take this off no matter what."

 

"Noona wha-"

 

"Keep Jessica and Donghae away from me. Make sure they never remember me. Hide the pictures. The gifts I got them, tell them they were from you."

 

"W-What?!" Seungri exclaimed.

 

"Everything will be okay. I'll make sure of it. I'll tell you everything soon."

 

After drying her tears, Dara gets up and heads to the open window. She placed her body on the window frame, ready to jump out. A moment before she did, she uttered the most devastating words Seungri has ever heard.

 

"From now on, we don't know each other. Goodbye."