Introductions

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

Jiyong stumbled off his chair as a little girl with pale white skin and long black hair that brushed her hips stood on top of his desk, giggling. It was the same girl which he saw back when he was in the hospital. She doubled her laughter when he repeatedly blinked as he stared at her in disbelief.

 

"It's been a long time, oppa," she giggles.

 

By then, a few students in class were already looking at him. Jiyong didn't notice. His only attention was on the little girl who now took to sitting on his desk and dangling her feet.

 

"Don't worry, oppa. Jin Ae won't hurt you," she smiled innocently. "If you don't get up, people will think you're weird."

 

Looking around Jiyong saw Youngbae, a friend of his, looking at him with his brows knitted. Hastily he stood and brushed off imaginary dust from his clothes. He thought twice before sitting back on his chair when the girl told her to do so.

 

"Are you okay Ji?" asked Youngbae who sat in front of him with his body slightly turned.

 

Jiyong nodded nervously at his friend. He could see him through the little girl. He could see Youngbae's mouth moving but his attention was on the little girl who was currently observing the other students.

 

He knew she wasn't normal. She wasn't even human. The problem was she looked like one. The innocent look she had on her face was in contrast to her mischievous personality. Her pale pink frilly dress stopped just right below her knees, almost meeting with her white knee-high socks. No traces of blood, no scooped out eyes, no torn bloody limbs and no signs of black nor blue. A smirk formed on her small mouth as something seemed to catch her attention. She disappeared.

 

"Are you listening to me?" he could hear Youngbae's faint voice asking.

 

"Huh?" Jiyong asks.

 

"Dude, we've been talking here since the last ten minutes." A deep voice chimed in making him turn his head.

 

"Seunghyun hyung, since when---" he stammered.

 

"Seriously, Jiyong. You're spacing out a lot. You look pale, too. Are okay?" Youngbae says.

 

He was about to tell them he was fine when the teacher arrived, gaining the attention of the whole class. Youngbae and Seunghyun settled back to their seats as Jiyong tried to compose himself. He took deep breaths to steady his nerves as he forced himself to look up front, praying hard there won't be something there. Surprisingly enough, there wasn't.

 

The teacher stood up front, asking the class how their summer was. He was met with a mixture of enthusiastic murmurs and complaining groans. Teacher Woo, that was his name, told the class to settle down as he had something to say.

 

"We have a new student in our class today," he began. "Sandara Park-ssi, would you like to introduce yourself?"

 

There was no response. Teacher Woo tried to call her name again. The students looked around, curious as to whom he was referring to. Their gazes stopped at an empty chair at the back save for a schoolbag. A synchrony of murmurs enveloped the class.

 

"I don't think she's back yet, teach" says a guy with glasses.

 

"I saw her go out earlier," says a girl.

 

The door slid open revealing a petite girl. Her shoulder-length black hair contrasted with her milky white skin. She had dark brown eyes that seemed to look as if they're hiding something. There was something child-like about her in spite of being in the same school uniform as the other girls. Her overall look screamed innocence.

 

She looked very calm despite the stares directed to her by all the members of the class. Almost too calm, Jiyong thought. Teacher Woo quickly regained his composure and asked her to introduce herself to class. With a small nod, the girl walked to the front.

 

"Annyeong haseyo. I'm Sandara Park. I just transferred here today and I hope to have a peaceful school year." Ending with a deep bow, she walked to her seat at the back ignoring the stares of the students around her.