She Gets Recruited

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

Jin Ae's presence drove the ghosts away. Dara should be happy she could relax for a while. Yet why aren't I? she asked herself. She had little to no attention to whatever the teacher was talking about. In her mind, she thought of her next move.

 

Approaching that Jiyong guy might gain some attention. I might get labeled as the weirdo's friend. Dara leaned her head on her palm as she stared out the window. Ugh. I guess I'll just have to observe him for now.

 

"Dara-ssi."

 

Dara snapped to attention. She mentally cursed as she pushed away her thoughts and looked at the teacher up front looking like a kid caught stealing candy from a store.

 

"Y-yes?" she replied.

 

"You seem to be contemplating about something over there. Care to share your thoughts to class?" says the teacher.

 

Snickers from her classmates followed as she straightened up from her seat. Discretely, she looked for clues on the board on what they were talking about. The Wild Duck. Literature, just great. I hate literature. She sighed.

 

"I was just thinking, sir, about Hjalmar Ekdal. The life that he knew was ruined by someone who started meddling with his affairs. Had Gregers not appeared in the picture, he could have continued living the life that he knew," she said, thankful for once for the ghosts which forced her to read up on them.

 

"The life that he knew of was a lie. Are you saying it is okay to live a life founded on that?" the teacher retorted.

 

"Two thirds of what we see is behind our eyes. There is so much that we do not know. True, the foundations of his life was made up of lies. But he was happy."

 

The whole class's attention were all on them now. But before the teacher could open his mouth to ask another question, the bell rang. Dara closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She had to calm down.

 

Class was dismissed. Students scrambled out. Dara gathered her things and stuffed them in her bag one by one. The Jiyong guy was still on his desk. Two of his friends surrounded him. Mohawk guy and tall dude, she took not mentally.

 

She slowed her pace. Observing that Jiyong guy was on top of her priority. Just then, her phone vibrated indicating a message.

 

From: Teddy Park

To: Me

 

I'll be late in picking you up, princess. Meeting's extended.

Will you be okay with driver Jang or will you wait for me?

 

Perfect timing, my CEO brother! She thought. She quickly keyed in her reply, saying she would wait for her brother instead. As she pressed enter, she felt a presence standing in front of her desk. Dara shut her eyes tightly, fearing it would be one of them. Has Jiyong and Jin Ae gone?

 

A few seconds passed.

 

Then a minute.

 

Then a coughing sound.

 

Wait a minute, ghosts don't cough… Dara scrunched her brows in confusion. Slowly she looked up. She blinked. Repeatedly. Not a ghost after all. Relief washed over her.

 

In front of her stood a guy, dark hair and chocolate eyes. His face looked like an angel's and a gentle smile played on his lips. The guy extended his hand.

 

"Hi. My name is Kim Jaejoong."

 

Dara stared at the guy's face then his hand back and forth for a long time, confusion still evident on her face. When the guy made no signs of retracting his hand, she hesitatingly met his handshake.

 

"Dara. Sandara Park," she says. The guy smiled and they shook hands.

 

"Sandara Park," he began. "Pretty name for a pretty girl."

 

To this, Dara raised an eyebrow. Where is he going with this? She thought. Then she heard a loud sigh somewhere behind the guy.

 

"Tsk, you are such a creep." Another guy emerged and stuck out a hand. "Lee Minho," he says.

 

Dara shook hands with him as well. The two guys in front of her were grinning widely.

 

"Cutting to the chase, we're here to recruit you," says Minho.

 

"Eh?"

 

"We're from the Gardening club. You don't have to be interested in gardening to join, though. We'd like for you to be a member," explains Jaejoong.

 

Gardening club without interest in gardening? What are these guys talking about? She was about to ask them when she saw Jiyong's desk empty from her peripheral vision.

 

Quickly, she stood and grabbed her bag. "I have to go," she muttered while hurrying out of the room. Where did he go?!

 

Minho and Jaejoong stood there, dumbfounded. A few students who witnessed what happened had their eyes wide in disbelief as well. Here were two members of the Gardening Club, a club where everyone wants to belong to yet very few gets recruited in. Then comes along Sandara Park, dissing two of it's hottest members.

 

"What do we tell Chae?" asks Minho silently.

 

"Nothing. This did not happen," says Jaejoong before adding, "We'll talk to her next time."