Decisions

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

The boys watched Jiyong stand gaping at them, looking very pale. He was shaking. Sweat visibly formed on his forehead. His eyes darted everywhere, until it settled on the floor. Jiyong jumped back  a little.

 

"Are you okay, Ji?" Youngbae couldn't help but ask.

 

Jiyong covered his ears, looking more scared than ever. They could see him starting to hyperventilate. He spun to his heels. Maybe he needs air, they thought. Just as he was about to leave, he paused and stared at the TV screen. Then he ran away like a mad man.

 

"What's up with your friend?" asked one of the girls.

 

"Honestly, we don't know," replied Daesung.

 

"I think we should leave, cut the night short." Seungri stood up and eyed his hyungs.

 

"Maknae's right. We have to go find Jiyong, that troublesome brat." Seunghyun grumbled some more before signaling the boys out.

 

Everyone left the VIP room. They didn't hear the joyous laughter of a certain little girl who was left behind, clutching her stomach in an attempt to calm herself down.

 

All night, the boys searched for their friend. It was nearly midnight when they found him cowering in fear at the foot of a shrine. He was crying. It took a lot of time for them to get him to respond to them. His skin felt cold, pale and almost transparent.

 

Jiyong couldn't say anything coherent. He was barely conscious when they managed to drag him home. He was a wreck. There was definitely something wrong with him.

 

The next day, though, Jiyong came to school as if last night didn't happen. He walked in with his head up, his face void of emotions. His eyes, however, were full of fear and anxiety. No one could see the little girl that clung unto his back, arms around his shoulders to keep her up.

 

He headed to his classroom, pace fast. But before he reached the door, someone blocked his way.

 

"Hyung," said Seungri.

 

"S-Seungri," Jiyong stuttered.

 

"Are you okay now?"

 

"I'm fine. Sorry about last night."

 

"You'll tell us why, right? Why you did that last night."

 

"Y-yeah." Jiyong chuckled nervously as Jin Ae shifted on his back.

 

Worry marred Seungri's face. He puffed his cheeks then exhaled. Offering a small smile, he clasped Jiyong's shoulder and gave it a little squeeze.

 

"I'm glad you're okay now, hyung. I'm always here if you feel like talking about it, okay? See ya." He left.

 

Jin Ae giggled. The frozen Jiyong quickly darted his gaze towards her. He didn't like that giggle. Not at all. Last night, Jin Ae gave him a taste of hell by distorting his sight. She can do a lot worse, Jiyong remembered her saying.

 

"I'll play with you," Jiyong told her quietly. "Stick with me and I'll play with you."

 

He entered his classroom and went straight to his desk. Jin Ae sat on his lap and snuggled against his chest, eyes closed. Jiyong didn't move. He also didn't notice Dara walking in class a few moments after him, face etched with worry and fear.

 

Dara saw them in the hallway. There was no mistaking it. It really was Seungri. Her little Seungri. She saw him talk to that Jiyong guy. Jin Ae clung unto his back, shifting when Seungri reached out to give Jiyong's shoulder a squeeze. She could only conclude they knew each other well.

 

When she reached her desk, she could only pray. The little boy she protected all these years has gotten his fate crossed with the very thing she didn't want him to encounter. She sacrificed her memories and something else she couldn't remember. She did all that just for her little Seungri's safety.

 

Jin Ae is very mischievous. She would do anything for her own enjoyment. That includes using other people. Jiyong has entered a contract with her, he's her toy. She would not hesitate to use his friends to make him miserable. Seungri will be in trouble.

 

I have to protect him.