The New Girl

What We Can See (DISCONTINUED)

Students crowded the cafeteria. It was lunch time. Jiyong's friends talked animatedly around him save for the group's maknae, Seungri, who was still yet to arrive. Physically, Jiyong was present but his mind was somewhere else.

 

After that incident at the rooftop, he was obviously happier. Yet there was this feeling inside he couldn't seem to shake off. His stomach churned but it wasn't because of hunger. His heart doubled its pace and his mind was unfocused. He was in trouble. For some reason, he knew. He knew he was in trouble.

 

"Earth to Jiyong," Seunghyun poked him. "Yah, you okay bro? You look like you've seen a ghost."

 

"Huh?" he blinked to focus his eyes on his friends.

 

"Geez, man. You've been zoning out a lot today. Are you okay?" says the concerned Youngbae.

 

"I'm perfectly fine," Jiyong abruptly replies.

 

"Are you sure?" asks Seunghyun.

 

"Yes," answers Jiyong.

 

Daesung, a year younger than them, only watched his hyungs exchange glances as they shake their heads on their once again zoning out friend, Jiyong. Changing the topic, Youngbae asked where Seungri was.

 

"Taking a phone call outside," answers Daesung.

 

"He should really cut out dating so many girls at a time."

 

"I know. Dating other girls is his way of coping from not being noticed by the girl he likes. Stupid move, the poor guy," says Seunghyun.

 

"He's crushing on Lee Chaerin. Her clique isn't really one to socialize," says Daesung.

 

Their conversation continued and soon enough their topic landed on the new girl. Youngbae and Seunghyun, being in the same class as her, blabbed on about how pretty she was. They scanned the cafeteria as inconspicuously as they could to locate her. When they did, they pointed her to Daesung.

 

"Understatement of the year. She's not pretty, she looks like a friggin' goddess," observed Daesung.

 

"Mother of chocolates, is she sitting with Lee Donghae?" Seunghyun's eyes widened.

 

"I thought Seungri's cousin didn't associate with girls." says Youngbae. "Well, except for Jessica."

 

"Scratch girls. That music freak doesn't sit with other people, period," Daesung pointed out.

 

"I wonder what they're talking about. What do you think, Ji?" nudges Seunghyun.

 

Jiyong stands up and leaves the group without a word. He walked past the students merrily eating their lunches and towards the cafeteria door. He was about to open it when Seungri beats him to it.

 

"Oh, hyung. Where are you going?" he says.

 

"Nowhere," Jiyong responds.

 

He continues walking out of the door ignoring the curious stares of his friends and the dumbfounded Seungri. The maknae heads straight to the table and takes the lunch ordered by his hyungs for him earlier.

 

"What's up with Jiyong hyung?" he asks.

 

"Dunno. He's been acting weird since this morning," says Youngbae.

 

"New girl is moving. She's headed this way," Seunghyun alerts the group.

 

"New girl?" asks Seungri.

 

He looks at the direction his hyungs secretly darted their gazes to. His mouth stopped chewing as his sandwich drops back to his tray. The girl walks past their tables and out to the cafeteria doors. Seungri turned a shade paler.

 

Milky skin, chocolate eyes, and the way she carries herself… There's no mistaking it. "It's Dara noona," Seungri shakily says out loud.