Chapter 9

Unfaithful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sunbaenim, can I help you?” Eun Ju was in the basement with Woohyun since that place was the only room left that was big enough to contain his experiments. “Since when did you call me sunbae?” He chuckled when his eyes met hers. She was still smiling but it was fake, it was a smile for him to be happy. “Since now. You worked in there too, so why can’t I call you sunbae?” Those words, he could read the subtext in every single word.

“Okay, Eun Ju. What is it?” He put the syringe down on the table and turned to her, who still looked innocent at him. She smiled again, the beautifully fake smile. No, not to Woohyun, he would not accept that. “Tell me and stop acting like that.” He grunted, yet she wasn't afraid of it. She got used to those kinds of things. “Like what?” She asked back. “Like you are right now. I know you’re upset but with me, I don’t want indiscipline, especially from you.”

He was angry, she knew that. But with what she read last night, she could not stop being so upset, not about Woohyun but Sunggyu. It was just, she was with Woohyun, not Sunggyu so she took Woohyun as a subject for her to let out the anger. It didn’t work out like she planned. Slowly, she softened her eyes and sighed, it might be the heaviest sigh of the day.

“I just want to be fine again, but I guess it’s gonna take a long while. Very long to be honest.” Pushing herself against the edge of the table, she closed her eyes glancing up at the ceiling like there was something attractive stuck on it. Woohyun did the same after seeing her position, he wanted her to be happy with what she had. “You know, you should move on from the past Eun Ju. It’s…”

“Move on? Sunbaenim, Zoey is a part of me. How do you feel letting a part of you go? Does it hurt? To me, it hurts really much, much more than you can imagine.” Eunju opened up and all of those words flooded out even though she didn’t mean it that way. He just smiled at her. “You know when I meant the past I meant Sunggyu and Hyunwoo?”

Everything in her mind went blanked. Memories wanted to knock on her head, but she shielded up so nothing could trespass. Yet, throughout the first minute, she had wanted to give up and let all of those memories went back and haunt her. She saw Sunggyu, playing with her in the snow. She saw Hyunwoo jumping up and down to the rhythm of her song. But she saw both of them changed and left her. One of them was mental, one of them was physical.

“Hey, it’s not bad trying it out. It’s for your own good Eun Ju. Besides, you have me and the boys.” Woohyun placed his hand on her shoulder, but he turned out to be the one who startled by her gestures. Just a split second, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Yes, he startled by that. Eun Ju wasn’t a girl who would hug somebody even if she knew that person, maybe in this situation, she just need a hug to ease down the pain that was rising up within her.

It hurt to just memorized his face, she arched when she thinks about him. She was in pain, but she refused to forget the pain. “Sunbaenim?” She asked. “Yes?” He had gone back to his old position, holding up the syringe. “Can you…” She looked at him just in time he raised the syringe with his face looking at the pointy needle. “Sunbaenim! Stop doing that, you look like a mad scientist!”

Woohyun laughed a big round at the little girl and to make her less afraid, he put it down. “Okay, give me your arm Eun Ju.” He held out his hand and she did what he told her. “Do you know how did I heal?” She was still curious about the wound, and at that moment, Woohyun seemed to be the only one who could answer. He stung the needle but remained his silence instead of making sounds. “Sunbaenim, please. I don’t know how and it bothers me, more than you know.” Eun Ju let the words went out through her lips but kept the pain back. Her lips did a wonderful job, yet her eyes made a huge mistake. It was clear to see that she was in pain, when he looked up, everything about pain visible in her eyes.

“I don’t know, I’m serious. It’s not something you would find out in a minute.” Woohyun set his aid kit down and quickly put a sticker on the sting, a smiley face sticker like the girl asked for the earlier. “So you’ll run some tests on me or…” “No, I’m not gonna run any test on you. I’ll take the blood test and work on with a few details before.” Woohyun changed serious within a second. He simply hated to run tests on her. She had been an experiment for too long, he did not want to continue to make her one.

“Eun Ju ah, give me time. People have their pace, mine is slower than yours. I’m not used to your pace, but I’ll try to accelerate it. Meanwhile, try to be happy and stay away from troubles because you will get more or less.” He stared deep in her eyes, but warnings were everything he gave her. Eun Ju stepped back one foot and changed her expression immediately. “I asked you for this smiley face didn’t I. So you don’t have to worry about smiling.” Though she was smiling at him, that face hardly showed any truthfulness. She had tried but didn’t really achieve what she want. He wanted to help her to be happy again, but he wasn’t the one to do that.

“Hey, get some lunch outside with somebody. I don’t think you can eat what I made the earlier.” He leant against the desk, ruffling his hair. “You want to get lunch with me?” She asked back which surprised not much or less. “No, sorry but I have things to do.” Knowing nothing else to do to avoid the gaze of the girl, he slid to the other side of the desk and grabbed some tubes.

“Fine, I’ll go by myself.” Eun Ju sighed, but she at least get to go outside t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter