Chapter Five

Someone To Love Him

Mark doesn't remember when he stopped believing that Jackson was dared to be his friend and actually believed that Jackson truly wanted to be his friend.
And so, that Friday night, Mark went to the party with Jackson. Jackson wanted to go and after a week of knowing the black haired boy, Mark now knew that he isn't able to resist him.
Mark wasn't sure if he was technically invited to the party, but as long as it made Jackson happy...
Jackson picked him up from his house and drove them both to Youngjae's house. It wasn't even seven and yet the party was already in full swing. The music was so loud that it could be heard from across the street, where Jackson parked. 
The two boys walked towards the house, one filled with excitement and the other filled with dread and hope that the other won't abandon him.
They walk in the front door and for once, Mark is noticed and not in any way that is hostile. Mark feels himself grinning, So this is what it's like to be a normal teen.
Jackson notices Mark's smile and gets a warm fuzzy feeling inside which he then pushes down, he doesn't have feelings for Mark. He can't.
Youngjae sees them from across the room and walks over, "Hey guys." He says, noticing Mark's presence this time.
Mark feels shock spreading through him, someone other than Jackson has noticed him. 
"Hey, cool party." Jackson replies, his face darkened by the shadow of his hat.
"Well, it is definitely better now that you're here." Jinyoung says, coming up to them.
Mark automatically flinches at the sight of Jinyoung and shuffles to stand behind Jackson. Jinyoung, seeing this smirks and Jackson frowns, wanting Jinyoung to go away.
There's an awkward silence until another person, Yugyeom, comes up to the group and grabs ahold of Jackson's arm, "Come on! You need to meet Bambam, best guy you'll ever meet."
Jackson can't help but be dragged away, making Mark's hopes shatter. Jackson gives Mark one last look, hoping that all of his feelings are in that look. Then he is gone from Mark's eyesight.
Mark wants to go home, he silently curses himself for ever letting Jackson drag him here. He doesn't like the way that Jinyoung is staring at him.
"What's so special about you?" Jinyoung murmurs, curious as to why the dark-haired boy cares so much about Mark.
Mark, not understanding, just stares mutely at him. "What? Finally gone mute?" Jinyoung says, his friends appearing at his side while Youngjae walks off.
Mark starts to back up and runs into someone, he feels hands on his arms and turns his head to face the person behind him. Jackson. An extremely pissed off looking Jackson.
"We're leaving now." Jackson says. Mark sighs in relief and lets Jackson drag him out of the house.
Jackson opens Mark's door for him and closes it when Mark gets in, Jackson feels Mark's eyes on him as he walks around the car and gets in. 
They sit in silence for a couple of minutes before Jackson finally decides to say something, "I know that Jinyoung bullies you."
Mark, who was staring at the window, looks at Jackson, "How?"
Jackson sighs and turns towards Mark, "I saw. Mark, I don't want you to ever go through that again. Tell me next time, okay?"
Mark doesn't say anything but stares at Jackson with his lips parted, "No one has ever cared that much for me."
Jackson looks at him through hair that's poking out of his hat. "Well, now someone does."