Chapter Fourteen

Someone To Love Him

Chapter 14, written by Firevein

 

Mark smiles in victory when Jaebum agrees with him and Jackson. He glances over at Jinyoung to see him sitting there, staring straight at the front of the classroom, expressionless as usual. Mark rolls his eyes and tried to ignore his bully as Jaebum captures his attention.

"What should we discuss about pollution?"
 Jackson drums his fingers on his desk, "We should discuss the effect pollution has on forests."
 "Or you could do animals." Jinyoung suggests, still not having taken his eyes off the board.
 Mark jumps to Jackson's defense, "I thought you didn't want to do this."
 Jinyoung sighs and shifts in his seat until he's facing the other three. "Look, the teacher keeps looking over at us and if she sees you doing all of the work with me doing nothing, we're all gonna get into a lot of trouble." He says reasonably.
 Mark wants to throw something at him for the amount of sense he's making, he hates Jinyoung with every fiber of his being. How could he not after all Jinyoung has done to him?
Jackson notices something is wrong with his boyfriend but decides to ask him after class. Instead, he reaches under the table to take Mark's hand. Mark turns to face him and his expression relaxes a little bit. He squeezes Jackson's hand in reassurance.

Jinyoung wants to throw up at the sight of Mark and Jackson caring for each other but he holds back the feeling of wanting to yell at them. If he did that, it was possible that he could wreck his chance with Jaebum. If Mark hasn't already done that for him.

Jinyoung grumbles silently as the others continue discussing more topics without him.

"So it's decided then." Jaebum finally says. "Since it's the weekend we will all meet tomorrow in the morning at the library. You guys okay with that?" Both Mark and Jackson agree immediately. Jinyoung didn't expect they wanted an answer from him but he is surprised when Jaebum turns to look at him.

"Jinyoung, it's fine for you too right?" For a second Jinyoung's mouth refuses to form words. The way Jaebum is staring at him is making him feel a little light headed. It sounds cliche but he almost got lost in the other boy's eyes.

"Jinyoung?"

"H-huh? What? Oh, yeah I'm free tomorrow." He quickly turns his head to hide his burning cheeks. The feeling was new to him since it was rare that anyone made him blush. Even when he had liked Jackson, he didn't blush because Jackson had started hating him from the beginning.

"You don't have to come you know," Jackson says flatly. "We'll be fine without you. Actually, we'll be better without you." And instantly Jackson's words make Jinyoung's face burn with anger instead. He turns back and glares viciously at the other boy.

"Well don't get too happy because I definitely will be there now that I know that it will annoy you to death."

Jaebum just sits in his seat awkwardly as the two boys throw insults at each other. At least Mark wasn't doing anything, but then he looks over to find the redhead trying to kill Jinyoung with his eyes.

Jaebum sighs tiredly. He doesn't know what happened between the three of them but he was sure that he was in for a lot of drama.

 

After the period was over, the day goes by more quickly. Jackson still can't believe Jinyoung had ended up in their class. It was the most horrible luck. Jackson looks over at his boyfriend as they walk to his house after school. Mark still has a troubled look on his face but for the most part, he seems content. Jackson silently promises to himself that he would do everything he could to protect Mark from Jinyoung now that they had to spend even more time him.

"Jacks, what's wrong?" He'd probably been staring at the other for too long. He just shakes his head and smiles. "Just admiring you, that's all." Red was creeping into Mark's cheeks just like he knew it would. Seeing Mark blush was really a beautiful sight to him.

Mark didn't say anything back but instead, he slipped his hand into Jackson's and laced their fingers together. Jackson grins even wider at the small gesture. It meant Mark was being a bit more open about their relationship. Jackson had decided he would just go at Mark's pace. He didn't want to force his boyfriend into doing anything he didn't want to do.

They immediately went to Jackson's room as soon as they reach his house. Jackson quickly checks for his parents but it didn't seem like they were in the house. He goes back to his room to find Mark sprawled on his bed.

"Are you taking a nap already?" he laughs softly as he heard a muffled answer that sounded like 'sleeeeepy...'

Jackson lays on the bed facing Mark and wraps an arm around the other. Without a word, the redhead moves closer and buries his face in Jackson's neck. To Jackson, holding Mark felt so right, he didn't think he would ever be able to let go.

"Are you worried about tomorrow?" Mark whispers against his neck. "Of course I am. You're not?" He'd had the impression that Mark was worried about how they would work with Jinyoung but seeing the other boy completely relaxed made him confused, but happy that Mark wasn't stressing himself. Mark was silent for a while before answering.

"I am worried but... I always feel safe when you're with me." Jackson smiles at that. "But that's not all. I think by being with you, I'm starting to learn not to be afraid of Jinyoung anymore"

"Mark I really didn't do anything..." Jackson protests but Mark cuts him with a kiss.

"Don't say that." Mark whispers against his lips. "I thought about it a lot you know? And...I think that what I really needed... was for someone to make me feel like I was wanted and special and that I wasn't a waste of space..." Tears were starting to swell up in Mark's eyes as he let everything out. Jackson really was the angel that had come to save him and he would always be grateful for that.

"Mark, please don't cry-"

"And Jackson, I'll always be so glad that someone was you and I just want to say thank you and I love you so much!" By the time Mark finishes, his tears are flowing. It left Jackson beyond speechless. He didn't expect Mark to say anything like that, but all of a sudden he feels like crying just thinking about how much the other boy must have been through and how much everything he had said meant. Jackson's heart beats faster when he replays Mark's words in his head.

He loves me... 

Jackson pulls Mark into his chest as he cried and whispers softly but he meant every word. "Mark... I love you too. Nothing will make me stop loving you and I'll always do my best to make you feel strong... so please don't cry anymore." He places a kiss on Mark's head and says nothing else as he holds the other tightly. He would always treasure Mark.

 

 

A/N: Hi, hope you liked the chapter! :) Comments make authors happy. ;)