Chapter Three

Someone To Love Him

Next Day

“Why are you covered in bruises?” Jackson asks as soon as Mark arrives at school. Mark gives him a weird look and keeps walking, choosing to ignore the male and the fact that he does have more bruises.

Jackson follows him, “You might as well tell me, I’m not going to leave you alone until you tell me.” Mark gives him a confused look but keeps walking, he doesn’t understand why this black haired boy cares so much about whether he has bruises or not. Jackson was just as confused but not at the same thing as Mark but rather at Mark’s refusal not to talk to him. Jackson sighs, he should’ve expected this, after what happened yesterday with Mark. It’s no surprise that Mark is distrustful of people, especially people he barely knows.

“You can tell me.” Jackson says, trying once again to engage the other in a conversation.

Mark scoffs, “Why do you want me to tell you so badly?”

Jackson knows that he should’ve expected this but at least Mark was now speaking and not just walking. He shrugs and being honest, he doesn’t know why he cares. He usually doesn’t but he feels a strange connection to the boy and an overwhelming need to protect him. Jackson weighs up telling Mark that he knows what happened to him yesterday with Jinyoung but in the end, he thinks he shouldn’t because he doesn’t want Mark to think that he’s spying on him.

“I’m a curious person.” Jackson says in the end, not expecting a response but getting one.

“Well, I’m not the type to reveal my secrets to a complete stranger.” Mark says, getting annoyed at Jackson’s refusal to give up but somewhat flattered by it at the same time.

“Maybe I’ll just have to try to not be a stranger anymore then.” Jackson says, making Mark stop in his tracks.

“What? Are you saying that you want to be my friend?” Mark asks, still thinking that this still might be a dare.

Jackson gives him a half smile, “Yeah, I guess I am.”

“Are you crazy?” Mark hisses, starting to walk away from Jackson, a part of him not wanting him to follow and the other part praying to god that he does.

He gets his half wish, Jackson follows, “Why would I be crazy for wanting to be your friend?” Already knowing the answer, Mark thinks he’d be crazy for wanting to be his friend when Jinyoung hits him but Jackson wants Mark to tell himself. He wants Mark to trust him and he’s getting confused as to why he feels this way.

Mark, not wanting to tell a potential friend what goes on in his life, shrugs. “I just don’t have many friends.”

More like no friends, Jackson thinks to himself but doesn’t voice his thought. “Well, there’s a first time for everything.”

But Mark isn’t ready for Jackson to be his friend, he doesn’t want or need friends in his life. He doesn’t need the unwanted questions as to why every day he shows up to school covered in fresh bruises. He doesn’t need the pressure of always being happy, that’s the good thing about not having friends, he doesn’t need to pretend.

 

 

What is Jackson doing? Becoming friends with that waste of space? Jinyoung thinks to himself as he watches Jackson walking with Mark as soon as that waste of space arrives. Jinyoung runs a hand through his hair, not understanding how Jackson wants to follow him around when there are better people to hang out with…like himself for example… Jinyoung guesses that he’s gonna have to ask Mark about it later when Jackson isn’t with him. He might have to wait a while, or just follow Mark home.

 

Author's Note: I'm so sorry it's short, I just wanted to update quickly for you guys.