Chapter Four

Someone To Love Him


Jackson unintentionally walks Mark to his first class because Mark still refuses to tell Jackson what’s going on, even though Jackson already secretly knows. Once Mark walks inside his first class he breathes a sigh of relief, not sure how he’s going to handle this unshakeable guy but then decides that Jackson will probably just get bored with him soon enough.
Mark sits in his usual seat and props his head up on his hand and for the first time in his schooling career, he doesn’t pay attention because he’s too distracted of a certain black haired boy.
 
Jinyoung’s lips are set into a frown when at lunchtime, he sees Jackson once again attached to the red-haired boy he constantly teases. “What is he doing?” He asks his best friend, Bambam, who knows about Jinyoung’s feelings.
Bambam shrugs, “How should I know?” He is also one of the few people to get away with speaking to Jinyoung like that.
“It needs to stop, it’s disgusting.” Jinyoung says, with the full intention of stopping it himself but sighs when he sees Youngjae going up to the pair.
 
“Hey, Jackson.” A blonde haired guy says, going up to Mark and Jackson as well as completely ignoring Mark. Jackson notices this and almost glares at Youngjae for being so rude but Mark is so used to being ignored he doesn’t even really care anymore.
“What do you want?” Jackson says, not really caring that he sounds a bit on the rude side.
Youngjae puts a hand on his chest and gives Jackson a hurt look, “Why do I have to want something? Maybe I just wanna talk to you.”
Jackson rolls his eyes, “You always want something.” During the whole conversation, Youngjae doesn’t even glance at Jackson’s new ‘friend’ and it starts to piss Jackson off, not that he’s showing it. Mark goes to move away, hoping to escape from the black-haired boy but Jackson just grabs Mark’s arm and pulls him back, ignoring the tingles he gets from touching the redhead.
Youngjae sighs, seeing that exchange but pretending he didn’t, “Fine. I have this party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to come.”
“I’ll think about it.” Is all Jackson says before pushing past Youngjae and dragging Mark with him to get some food.
“So…what do you think?” Jackson asks as he and Mark wait in line to receive their food.
“What do I think of what?” Mark asks, still slightly uncomfortable around the other male and confused at his feelings for him.
“The party.” Jackson says like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“Oh. That.” Mark says, looking at the ground. Jackson feels concern creeping up into his body for Mark.
“What, don’t like parties?” Jackson teases slightly, trying to hide his actual feelings.
Mark shrugs, “Never been to one. You seem to forget that I have no friends.”
Jackson feels hurt at the fact that Mark thinks he has no friends, “Correction. You have a friend, me.”
Mark rolls his eyes but feels pleasure at Jackson’s words, “We aren’t friends.”
Jackson pouts, making Mark feel butterflies in his stomach, “Why aren’t we friends?”
Mark shrugs, “I barely know you and you seem to want to know everything about me, making you suspicious.”
Jackson gives him a sheepish smile, “Maybe I find you interesting.”
It’s finally their turn to collect some food, “I still think you were dared.” Mark says, walking off, hoping to escape Jackson but knows he can’t.
 
“A party?” Jinyoung asks, looking at Youngjae who nods.
“A party and Jackson will be there.” He says, smirking.
“Why would I care about that?” Jinyoung snaps at him, angry that Youngjae knows his feelings.
Youngjae just shrugs and looks away, “No reason.” But they both know what is actually going on.
 
“And why do you still think that this is some dare?” Jackson asks, following Mark just like he knew all along that Jackson would.
Mark shrugs as he searches the cafeteria for a free table. “It just seems weird that you wanna be my friend.”
“Why is it weird that I want to be your friend?” Jackson asks, spotting a table which he then drags Mark to. They both sit down and start eating, it takes a minute or so for Mark to reply because they need to fill his stomach with something is overwhelming.
“I haven’t had any friends in ages.” Mark says quietly, wondering what Jackson’s response will be.
Jackson has this sudden need to permanently damage anyone who wouldn’t jump at the tough of getting to be Mark’s friend. He puts his hand on Mark’s arm and they both look down at it for ages.
“You have me and I’m not going anywhere.” Jackson says firmly, planning to stick to the other like glue.
Mark gives him a ghost of a smile and blushes a tiny bit because Jackson still hasn’t removed his hand from him but he doesn’t mind, in fact, he never wants Jackson to stop touching him. Something about that black haired boy makes everything in Mark’s life seem not as ty.