Chapter Eight

Someone To Love Him

A/N: I have a feeling you guys are really gonna like this.

Jackson raises an eyebrow, "What?" Mark has been staring at him for a couple of minutes without saying something.
Mark shakes his head, "N-nothing." To distract himself from his feelings, he gently washes the dried blood off before grabbing a couple of bandages and starts wrapping them around Jackson's swelling fist.
Jackson finds himself watching the other male once again. The sunlight coming in from the window plays with Mark's hair, Jackson's breath catches at how amazing Mark looks.
Mark chooses that moment to look up, "What? Is there something on my face?" Jackson is smiling at him, in a goofy type of way.
Jackson shakes his head, as well as the thoughts that begin to form in his mind. "No, I'm just watching you play doctor."
Mark smirks, despite the roller coaster of emotions he's going through, "I bet it's better than you."
Jackson laughs, "Yeah right. Let's both pretend that you'd ever beat me in something."
Mark rolls his eyes, "You are so full of yourself."
Jackson smiles, knowing that Mark is right and not afraid to tell him so.
"What are you smiling at?" Mark says, finished bandaging Jackson's hand but he's still unconsciously holding it. Jackson notices.
"You." He says simply, Jackson now knows his feelings for Mark but he also knows that things can never happen between them so he doesn't plan on doing anything about it.
Mark blushes, "What did I do now?"
Jackson laughs, "Nothing, its just how you are."
Mark frowns, not knowing how to take that comment but he decides that it must not be bad, otherwise, Jackson would never have said it.
Mark feels warmth in his hand and looks down to see that he's still holding onto Jackson's hand, he lets go, "Sorry." He says then starts cleaning up the leftover bandages.
Jackson misses the warmth from Mark's hand but doesn't say so since it would be creepy. So instead he says, "Thanks."
Mark shrugs, avoiding Jackson's eyes, "You did the same for me."
Jackson doesn't know what to say so they become silent until Mark asks, "Wanna go back to school or do something fun?"
Jackson laughs, "As if that's even a choice. What are we gonna do for fun?"
Mark smirks, "It's a secret, do you trust me?"
"Of course," Jackson says, not missing a heartbeat in answering.
Mark smiles, "Follow me."

"Where are we?" Jackson asks, breathless after walking for an hour and a half. They are along a harbor that appears to be abandoned.
Mark smiles and stares at the water, "My secret place, where I go after a really hard time. Harder than usual."
Jackson reaches for Mark, he brushes his fingers along Mark's arm, he starts to shiver and Jackson pulls away. "Are you cold."
Embarrassed, Mark shakes his head, he didn't know that Jackson had this effect on him. "What is it?" Jackson says, sensing that something is wrong with Mark.
Mark shakes his head, "Nothing." He moves away from Jackson and to the railing. He stares out at the ocean, he's so absorbed in his own thoughts that he doesn't realize that Jackson is coming up behind him until he feels a chest touching his back and arms touching his as they reach for the railing, on either side of him.
"Now," Jackson says roughly, "Tell me what is wrong."
Mark's heart stops, Jackson is way too close for Mark to be able to think. He turns around and faces Jackson, their chests nearly touching. "I told you, it's nothing."
Jackson's heart is rapidly beating in his chest at his bold actions. "I'm not believing that."
Mark rolls his eyes, trying to look unaffected but inside, he is going crazy. "That is for me to know and for you to never find out."
Jackson smirks and leans closer, not knowing where this is coming from, "Trust me. I'm gonna find out."
Mark gulps.