Opuscule

Until You,

Chapter 9

OPUSCULE

 

I got home with a heavy heart and inflaming eyes. Gladly my mom did not ask me about it when we were having dinner. I’m just happy that my mom’s not nosy unlike my friends, Thanks mom! I just need sometime alone without anyone nosing around.

 

After eating, I quickly went through my evening routines of talking a shower and reading some books and watching a documentary on National Geographic or Animal Planet. It’s almost 11 pm when I finished doing all of those and I decided to sleep but when I was about to get into bed my phone vibrated alerting me that a notification of any sort came.

 

From: Unknown Number

 

Good evening!

 

To: Unknown Number

 

Good evening? Who’s this please? I’m kinda not fond of rogue texts or wrong sent messages or anything of the like,

 

From: Unknown Number

 

Oh! I’m sorry, this is Chanyeol. I got your number from Baekhyun. I’m sorry I did not tell you ahead, sorry!

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Oh it’s you Chanyeol,, it’s really okay, I’m just not used to unsaved numbers texting me, but it’s you so it’s okay, no need to apologize.

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

So, what made text in the middle of the night?

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Just wanna make sure you’re okay…. J

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Hehehe, I’m fine, thanks for the concern

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Good to know that, if you don’t mind, how did your talk with Kai go…

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Nothing special

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Can we not talk about that? I just don’t want to talk about that now, hope you’ll understand

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Okay.

 

I paused for a moment because I was not sure on what to reply. He left an okay as a message and most people would think if you replied with a one word message then you’re off to end the conversation. Then I thought about what if he’s offended by my actions, what if he’s also hurt because we’re dating and I still talked to Jongin. How insensitive of you Kyungsoo! You’re a fool! And when I was about to maul myself, my iPhone alerted me that a message came in.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Can you take a peek on your window?

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Sure, but I don’t know what’s up with this.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Please? Just a glimpse out of the window…. would do,

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Okay! J

 

I got up from my bed and as instructed opened my window pane then ……..this is surprising ….  Chanyeol’s there. Upon seeing me, he smiled and waved a hand. He still smiled at me even though I am fool. Chanyeol’s all but good to me but in exchange I am the one who’s hurting him. Did I tell you you’re a fool Kyungsoo? I guess I did! Let me repeat it, you’re a fool.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

 

Can I come in? It’s quite cold out here….

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Sure, sure, I’m going downstairs,

 

To: Park Chanyeol

 

Wait for me,

 

I virtually ran as fast as a gazelle being chased by a hungry lion downstairs. Gosh he’s all cold and all alone. You should’ve been straight to the point Chanyeol, what if I’m asleep or something, you’ll be there waiting for nothing!

 

I unlocked the doors and ran outside to open our gate. “You should’ve told me immediately,” I nagged but he just flaunted his signature smile. When we got inside the house, I grabbed his hand and I was in plain shock, “Your hand is really cold, how long have you been waiting?”

 

“Not long,” this reply is quite familiar. Doesn’t this sound familiar to you?

 

“Let’s go upstairs, you’re freezing,” he just nodded in compliance.

 

When the both of us got in my room, I turned off my A/C and made Chanyeol recline on my bed. He brought a paper bag and a backpack and I just grabbed them from him and placed his things in my study table. “Remove your jacket and cover up,” I said as I gave him my blankets.  “What were you thinking? You’re quite lucky that it’s still autumn and not winter and I’m still not asleep, if any of that happened, you’ll wait for nothing or worst waiting for nothing and freezing.”

 

“Just wanna give you something,” he pointed at the paper bag.

 

I turned my head and my eyes were fixed at it. “Cupcakes?” I exclaimed when I removed the contents of the bag. It’s a box of cupcakes.

 

“Yeah, I hope you like it,” he smiled and I just don’t know why and how can he still smile in this situation. “My mom baked them for you. I knew you’d be hurting now after your talk with Kai. I just wanna make you smile again,”

 

I couldn’t control my emotions and I started crying. “You’re here for me?”

 

“I brought them so that you can smile. Why are you crying?” he said as he got up from bed.

 

 “I’m happy, I’m thankful, I’m lucky!” I walked towards the edge of the bed and sat. “You’re all doing this without assurances, without expecting anything in return,”

 

“I’m doing this because I want to, not because I have to..…” he said as he caressed my left check with his hand that is quite cold. “I am doing this because I want you to be happy, did I mention that I really love your smile?”

 

I nodded in reply and I am still overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. “Chanyeol, I can never repay your kindness,” I said and it was with all honesty.

 

“I don’t need payment,” he chuckled lightly. “I asked for a chance and you gave it to me, and that’s enough. I just want to make you smile. You’re very important to me Kyungsoo and I like making my loved ones happy and that includes you,”

 

I really cannot control my eyes now, I am all sobbing. I felt that I was genuinely loved by Chanyeol but I did not really appreciate him. How can I repay this sincerity? How?

 

“Just stop crying,” he told me and I droned in concurrence and wiped my tears. “You can try the cupcakes, they’re delicious! My mom bakes the most delicious cupcakes in the entire world,”

 

I nodded and ate one and it was indeed really delectable. “You should eat too,” I said as made him bite off my cupcake.

 

“Heaven,” he exclaimed and it really was.

 

We chatted for a while about things, about his mom and my mom and his sisters. It was fun and we were both laughing. He’s really good at making people laugh. Chanyeol really is the best.

 

Then when I took a gaze at my wall clock it told me that it’s 15 minutes after midnight and I told Chanyeol that we should sleep, we still have class tomorrow. I grabbed my phone and I texted mom, she would be furious if she’ll see someone in my room without letting her know.

 

To: Eomma

 

Eomma, a friend came and I offered him to stay the night. Would that be okay?

 

She should be asleep by now so I put my phone on the table beside my bed but then it vibrated and told me that I got a text message, it’s from eomma and I’m surprised she’s still awake.

 

From: Eomma

 

I know, I saw you two tiptoeing on your way to your room. Just don’t do something okay?

 

To: Eomma

 

What are you talking about eomma?

 

From: Eomma

 

You know what I am talking about Do Kyungsoo, I’m your mother remember? Just go to sleep and tell your friend I said hello. Now sleep!

 

To: Eomma

 

Okay, thanks eomma. You’re the best!

 

I told Chanyeol that my mom said hello and then he took hold of my phone. He was texting something and no matter what I do, he won’t let me see what they’re conversation is all about, but I have a strong feeling that it’s about me. Will you tell me? I ‘m really curious!

 

To: Eomma

 

Hello tita, this is Chanyeol. Kyungsoo’s friend! Thank you for letting me stay the night!

 

From: Eomma

 

You’re welcome dear; Take care of my Soo okay?

 

To: Eomma

 

Yes! I will definitely be taking care of Soo! J

 

To: Eomma

 

Tita, can I ask you something?

 

From: Eomma

 

You’re already asking me Chanyeol dear and call me eomma, I’m not used to people calling me that and all of Kyungsoo’s friends call me eomma.

 

To: Eomma

 

Hehehehe, you’re funny eomma!

 

To :Eomma

 

 I know it’s really informal of me to ask this on text and I should personal ask you this eomma, but I just wanna let you know……………………. Can I date your son?

 

From: Eomma

 

Who am I to stop you? We’ll talk about this in the morning okay? Let’s just call it a night! Go to sleep now. Good night!

 

To: Eomma

 

Thanks eomma! Good night! We’ll be sleeping now!

 

“What we’re you texting about?” I said as Chanyeol gave me my phone.

 

“Just read it,” he chuckled.

 

What the heck? He asked my mom for permission…………… I’m going to die! I’ll be dead in the morning! My mother will kill me!

 

“Relax……………. she said that we’ll going to talk about this in the morning!” he articulated. I bet he knew I’m tensed now. “Let’s just go to bed, your mom said we should and I don’t want that she’ll have a bad impression on me,” he let out a little snigger. “It still feels cold you know and in times like this my mom said that body heat can help that’s why she hugs me when I’m cold,” Chanyeol said as soon as I placed my phone on the side table. I know you’re motives young man! I crawled in the bed and we snuggled and cuddled and hugged and embraced and name all the synonyms… hehehehe!

 

“Is this enough body heat?” I asked feeling really comfortable in his embrace.

 

“Yeah, It’ll suffice but it needs to be more like this so that it’ll work properly,” he embraced me more tightly now. Not the kind of tight that you’ll be screaming because you can’t breathe. The kind of tight that assures you that you are safe within these arms. “Thank you Soo,”

 

“I was meant to say that to you Chanyeol, Thank you!” I said as our eyes met. “Good night Chanyeol,”

 

“Good night Soo,” he said then I felt his lips press my forehead. He’s embracing me with his arms and I am buried in his chest and I felt safe and I felt loved. I thought I will be stuck in corner thinking about me and Jongin but then Chanyeol came and erased my worries away. I wish I just can tell my heart to love Chanyeol the way he loves me. I wish it was that easy but it’s not.

 

The morning came and when I woke up I was still cuddled in Chanyeol’s embrace. He’s really handsome even in his sleep. I moved my legs a little when I noticed something hard. Gosh, he’s hard. “I’m usually hard in cold mornings, sorry,” he then spoke still with his sleepy voice.

 

“It’s not really a bother, just go back to sleep. It’s still early. I’ll just go downstairs. My mom’s awake by now,”

 

“Can we stay like this, just for a couple of minutes more,”

 

“Okay, I have to go up by 5:30 okay?”

 

He nodded in reply and embraced me tighter and he really is having a morning hard on and judging by how I my legs felt it, it’s huge! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ert Soo! I guess I’ll just have to enjoy the feeling with his arms wrapped in me.

 

“Soo! Soo! Wake up!” My mom nagged. “It’s almost six, your friend is downstairs helping me and all you are doing is sleeping?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol really did that.

 

“You take a shower and then go downstairs, breakfast is almost ready so just hurry up okay?” she said.

 

I hummed in reply. As soon as he got out of my room, I took a shower and done all my morning routines. It took a long thirty minutes for me to finish. When I got down, I saw Chanyeol talking to eomma.

 

“Chanyeol, you should’ve woken me when you got up,” I said when I sat down. “What were you two talking about?”

 

“I just can’t wake you, you look so cute when you sleep!” he smiled.

 

“We were just talking about you,” my mom said and I knew it!

 

“Me?”

 

“You should’ve told me when you starting dating Chanyeol. Am I the last one to know about this? He said that you’ve been seeing each other for quite a while now,”

 

“I don’t know how,” I struggled to reason out.

 

“In any case, I’m glad that Chanyeol is a good man and you just caught a big fish!”

 

“Literally or figuratively?” I smirked as I saw my mom’s puzzle face. Just forget about it eomma.

 

We had breakfast and I was all out of placed. I thought I was your son eomma, you’re all talking to Chanyeol, I bet he was just ensnared by Chanyeol’s happy personality.

 

“We should go now,” I told my mom and looked at Chanyeol. “We’ll run late if we don’t starting walking now,”

 

“It was nice to talk to you eomma,” Chanyeol exclaimed. “Thanks for the food, they’re all delicious. I bet Soo got his cooking skills from you,”

 

My mom just smiled and signaled us to go. “Bye eomma!” Chanyeol flashed a bright smile and waved at her while I just said Goodbye and bowed.

 

“You’re mom is wonderful,” Chanyeol commented.

 

“I know, but he’s all too monstrous when angry,” I smirked.

 

“Just like you!”

 

“Just like me?” The jerk just let out a giggle. “Which is which? The wonderful or the monstrous?”

 

“The latter,” Chanyeol laughed teasingly. That’s funny Chanyeol, go on with your teases! “You’re both, you’re wonderfully cute and monstrously lovable,”

 

“So cheesy Mr. Park,” I blushed hearing his remark. He’s been really good and nice and kind and great to me but I can’t even reimburse the kindness he’s showing to me.

 

Go Kyungsoo, muster your confidence! You’re a star student! Confidence! I held Chanyeol’s hands and laced our fingers together. “What?” I asked him when he gave me a surprised face and then his surprise became a smile. “We should walk faster, we’ll run late,”

 

“Nahh! I wanna relish this moment! We’ll just walk like we have all the time in the world!” he smiled and he just smiled and his smile just has a great impact on my being.

 

“Whatever you say big guy,” I smirked.

 

Our walk to school was filled with laughter; he’s really an easygoing guy with an infectious smile and a contagious happy personality. His works and deeds for me are proven to be great, his smile lights up my world, his arms makes me feel safe but all I can do in return are small and petty works – insignificant and opuscule.

 


 

A/N:

(1) Thank you for the wonderful comments everyone. To all the upvoters and subscribers thank you very much!

(2) Sorry for the really late update, I got stuck with my research and stuff. I'm really sorry but it's here now. Hope you'll enjoy!