Anarchy

Until You,

Chapter 1

ANARCHY

 

“Kyung! Do Kyungsoo!” Jongdae yelled.

 

“What?” I replied to my friend who is panting and is covered with sweat. “Don’t answer that, catch your breath first,” It appears that Jongdae has been running around the campus to find me and that is more than 10 hectares of land to cover.

 

“Principal Suho wants you in his office at once,”

 

“What? Did I do something worthy of his attention?” I asked with a face of surprise. Jongdae gave me that look of understanding to what I meant. Principal Kim Joonmyeon only calls a student to his dreaded office if and only if someone violated the entire school rulebook or pushed the boundaries of his patience through acts of misbehavior and tricks of mischief.

“I don’t know Kyung but I guess it’s not that good,”

 

"I just have to go then?” That sounded more like a question than a statement.

 

~~~~~

 

“Good morning Sir Kim!” I greeted as I stepped into the already opened office of the Principal.

 

“Oh thank God you’re here Mr. Do,” Principal Suho exclaimed with joy. I was quite wondering why would the principal summon me and when I was about to ask what is the reason for my unprecedented visit in his office, I saw a tan boy, clearly a case of juvenile delinquency, with large overhead headphones and a smirk that exudes evil. “Oh, this is Mr. Kim, I trust you know him?” the principal introduced.

 

“Yes sir,” I answered. Who would not know this troublemaker when he’s been the talk of the town – no – the talk of the school in this case for weeks now.

 

“Would you be so courteous and introduce yourself to Mr. Do, Jong…...” Principal Suho showed a perplexed face to why this tan boy cut him in the middle of his speech.

 

“The name’s Kai,” the boy said. “Junior. Class D."

 

“Hello, I’m Do Kyungsoo. Senior. Class A,”

 

“Now that you’re all acquainted... let’s start business,” the principal smiled. “I believe you all know the rumors and stories about how delinquent Mr. Kim is, so as the star student of this school I appoint you as his personal tutor,”

 

“Sir? With all due respect ……” I was about to argue but Principal Suho is determined to walk through with his plan.

 

“No more buts Mr. Do. I have decided,” Principal Suho said.

 

I agreed but it’s just because I have no other choice but to nod. After all it is dictated by the flow that I should respect authority.

 

“Now Kai,” Principal Suho made a clear emphasis on the word Kai. “If you fail again this time, there’ll be no cover-ups. I’ll tell your father about your little works here in our school. This is the last favor that I’ll do to save you. If I am not a close friend of your parents, I will definitely not do this. Clear?” Principal Suho explained.

 

“Crystal,” Kai said with a smirk.

 

“Off you go!” the principal ordered.

 

“Goodbye sir,” I bade Principal Kim farewell. We walked towards our respectively classrooms. Silence fell towards us as we make way through the empty hallways and stairs.

 

“I just want to be clear Mr. Tutor, I do not need your little tutoring sessions. I’m better off without it,” Kai said breaking the silence between us.

 

“If you think that I really want to be your tutor Mr. Tutee, I’m kinda busy and in case you did not notice, you are not found in any of my to-do lists but this is a job assigned by the Principal so you’ll have no choice. We meet at 5. Library!” I answered. “And if you’re thinking about ditching me, then the Principal will deal with you, okay?” I added and luckily I was right at the entrance of my classroom when I finished my little speech. I am sure that he’ll argue with me so it’s such a good thing that I landed straight to my classroom to avoid any exchange of words between us.

 

~~~~~

 

“Hey, wake up! Wake up!” I shouted because I found a sleeping Kai in his classroom. I was waiting for him in the library for 30 minutes and here he is sleeping! I cant believe such manners! “Hey Kai! Wake up! Wake up you lazy slug,”

 

“ off!” Kai responded with anger.

 

“Don’t off me,” I replied with a hint of my annoyance. “We have tutor session today and it’s our first remember? I was supposed to finish my paperwork in the student council but here I am in your classroom. It’s a Monday, it’s a Monday for heaven’s sake so can you just be a little cooperative?"

 

“NO! Did you not hear what I said this morning? No need, I don’t need you,” Kai stated and proceeded to sleep again but I was fast enough to grab hold Kai’s right arm.

 

“No sleeping in tutor sessions okay?” I said with a smirk. 

 

“FINE,” Kai was forced to agree.

 

“I took the liberty in asking your homeroom teacher about your stellar academic performance. Sarcasm Intended. I also found out that you are doing a great job in English. Fifty points for Kai,”

 

“Ha! Ha! Ha! Sarcasm do not work on me,”

 

“Great! I know you have an assignment in English,” I said.

 

Kai opened his bag and pulled out his English notebook. Kai flipped the pages and got to the page where his assignment was written.

 

“Piece of cake,” I remarked upon reading Kai’s assignment. It was really easy though and I can’t believe that he can’t do this decently on his own. “You are just going to define these terms and we’re good to go.”

 

“Anarchy, Befuddle, Belligerent, Carpe Diem, Impasse, Meliorate, Nascent, Opuscule,” I read the words. “Now it’s your turn to read,”

 

“A..na…chi,” Kai read.

 

“Seriously? ” I commented.

 

“English is not my first language why do you look so surprised?” Kai pouted. “I’m not a polyglot for crying out loud,”

 

“Okay, okay! I get it. Just go grab your dictionary and find their definitions then study these words and I’ll ask you about them tomorrow,”

 

~~~~~

 

Our first tutoring sessions turned out to be unsuccessful; it was due to the fact that Kai had no interest in these kinds of after-class activities. I, on the other hand, being a person of obligation and responsibility can’t give up, so I thought if Kai would not be cooperative with me then might as well bug him all his life and that’s how I managed to be in the living room of Kai’s house, well house might seem to be an understatement, it really is a mansion and I’m a speck of dust. Poor me!

 

“What are you doing here?” Kai shouted.

 

“Community service,” I replied. “I do not know what I did in my past life to deserve this kind of inhumane punishment,”

 

“Better get out!” Kai yelled as he bolted down to the living room.

 

“Jongin!” A female voice came ringing. “Why are you treating your tutor like that? Aren’t you grateful that he’s willing to help you even though it’s supposed to be a class-less Friday today?” The woman was Kai’s mother who I met earlier before Kai went out of his room. I know, I was being sly and clever but it really is an edge to talk to Kai’s mom first, she could be an advantage and in this battle with Kai, she just could be my secret weapon.

 

“I don’t want to hear any complaints!” Kai’s mom exclaimed. “Off to your room,”

 

Kai went up to his room with a foul mood. Meanwhile his mom instructed me to follow Kai in his room upstairs.

 

“Good morning my tutee, I see your mood isn’t good,” I sarcastically remarked as I make it to his room, nope, this is not a room, this is a house. Is it a house within a house? Incredible!

 

“!” Kai replied.

 

“You were not so participative last Monday, ditched me last Tuesday and did not come to school last Wednesday and Thursday so I took the liberty of visiting you. I also came here bringing all your assignments and school works,” I nagged, I have every right to nag because he’s been too non-participative.

 

“Even the calendar says W.T.F. after Tuesdays, so it’s all !” Kai replied.

 

“Don’t get smart with me smart ,” I said. “You better start working on these! These are all due this Monday,”

 

“Do I even have a choice?” Kai angrily replied.

 

Time flew with rush and soon I was greeted with a setting sun displayed in the background of a crimson sky. “That’s all for today, I’ll be back tomorrow so that we can finish these,”

 

“Yeah, can you just go?” Kai hastily said as he cleaned his study table.

 

Saturday came and I am again in Kai’s room (It’s not a room, it’s a house! It’s too huge to only be a bedroom!). I felt that Kai is opening a bit though I do not want to spoil it, I want Kai to realize that I am not a threat, I am his friend, a friend he forgot.

 

I spent my weekend helping Kai with his projects and assignments that are due this Monday. I also helped him with his vocabulary in English.

 

“Done!” Kai smiled.

 

“Nice work tutee,” I applauded upon seeing him work hard for this. I am feeling that my efforts are finally bearing fruit and it was great.

 

There was a wordless silence that enveloped the entire room. “You can call me Jongin if you want,” he said breaking the deafening quietness.

 

“I thought you’ll never tell me that,” I replied and smiled.

 

“Hehehe,” Jongin remarked.

 

“See you at school?”

 

“Yeah! See you at school ………… hyung,” he replied with a flash of smile. I also smiled hearing hyung from Jongin. It’s been a long time since Jongin called me like that. I just want this to continue, Jongin is slowly opening up. Good job myself!

 

“Bye, I guess I’ll take my leave now. See you on Monday.”

 

~~~~~

 

Monday came and it was a fine day. I managed to make Jongin agree to come meet me in the Student Council Office before classes starts and that’s why I am anxiously waiting for any signs of Kai’s – nope – Jongin’s imminent arrival.

 

“Where is he?” I internally asked with my eyes swinging back and forth from the wall clock to the door. “He can’t revert back to his erratic and wild state of mind after showing off good signs of being good.”

 

“Good morning,” a male voice greeted. “I’m looking for a Do Kyungsoo,”

 

“I’m Do Kyungsoo,”

 

“Master Jongin told me to deliver these to you, he said that he can’t go to school today,” the older male said.

 

“Ahhh,” I answered. “Can I know the reason behind his absence sir?”

 

“Master Jongin told me not to tell anyone, I’m so sorry sir Do,” the older man said.

 

“Okay,” I just smiled. “Thank you!”

 

The older man left. He seemed to be the Kim’s family driver and now I am walking to my tutee’s classroom to deliver his assignments which is pile of 5 notebooks and 2 big books and his projects in Chemistry and in History. I swear I’ve killed Jongin a million times in my mind already; this is utterly a form of capital punishment for what? I dun no! Good Lord why am I saving his ? You’re his tutor, idiot! Yeah, I am his tutor. I am a TUTOR not his PERSONAL ASSISTANT!

 

After delivering my tutee’s school work, I dashed off to my classroom. I’m not running late but I felt uneasy today and I arrived with drops of sweat crowding in my temple then I automatically sat down in my seat with a frowning face that rarely occurs to me being the epitome of composure.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jongdae queried.

 

“Nope!” I denied as I wipe my sweat with my white handkerchief.

 

“Then what’s with that look?” Baekhyun, also a friend of mine, asked.

 

“I dun no, I feel that all my efforts are going to be waste!” I answered with a pissed tone.

 

“Is this about your little tutee?” Jongdae asked.

 

“How’d you know about that?” I became confused knowing Jongdae knows about my tutoring sessions with Jongin.

 

“Principal Suho told me so truth be told, I knew about Kai and you,” Jongdae replied with pride. “So are you having this foul mood because Kai is such a nuisance or you’re having your period?”

 

“The latter,” I replied then I smacked Jongdae by the head.

 

“So it’s ‘bout Kai, no wonder!” Baekhyun said.

 

I just nodded. “He’s absent today. He really ditched me when we had an agreement today and the worst part is I don’t know why,”

 

“So why not you find out why,” Baekhyun said. “Well, Mr. Luhan will not be here so why not find out why he’s absent today to ease you up,”

 

Without any hint of thinking it twice, I embraced that idea and quickly got up from my seat and proceeded to go to Jongin’s house, crash the house, it’s a palace. “You better have an excuse for this.” I arrived at Kim residence armed with a fake smile that I’ll show to the people under Jongin’s mandate. I pushed the doorbell thrice and was gladly greeted by a maid and was led straight to the living room where Jongin’s mom was doing some business-related work over Skype.

 

“Oh dear, what brought you here? Don’t you have class?” Jongin’s mom inquired.

 

“I’m just checking my tutee ma’am,” I replied.

 

“Just drop the ma’am okay? Call  me mom, it’s not like we’re unacquainted Kyung-dear, ” Jongin’s mom smiled. “About Jongin, he’s quite sick. He’s in his bedroom,”

 

“Can I go to his bedroom ma’ ….. Mom?”

 

“Of course,”

 

I climbed upstairs and found myself in front of Jongin’s door. I’ve been knocking for the nth time now but he seemed to be ignoring it because any sign of Jongin was not felt. “Should I just open it or should I wait for him to open the door?” I quite liked my first choice: just barged in and see what Jongin is up to. “I should open it!”

 

I crashed in uninvited but to my surprise – I thought Jongin was busy doing nasty stuffs delinquents are known for, like playing videos games all day while being absent in class and being sick is only an alibi – Jongin is lying in his bed wrapped in two layers of winter blankets shivering but is sweating like a faucet.

 

I quickly got to Jongin’s bed and placed my right hand in Jongin’s temple and my left hand on his to compare our temperatures and check how high Jongin’s fever is.

 

“I thought even illness will be intimidated by your existence,” I said as I was affirmed that Jongin is indeed not feeling well.

 

“I heard that,”

 

“I thought you’re asleep. Are you just pretending to be sick? I knew it!”

 

“ you!”

 

“Have you taken your medicine?”

 

“Nope! “

 

“The hell?” I expressed. “And how are you supposed to feel better when you’re not taking your meds?”

 

“Make me.” Jongin dared.

 

“No way, I’m just here to check why you were absent and knowing that you’re genuinely sick – my job here is all done,”

 

“You speak of it like it’s a good thing!” Jongin glared.

 

“It is! I mean it’s good to know that you’re not skipping class because of any other reasons,” I butted out. “In any case I should leave,”

 

“Hyung?” Jongin suddenly said as I head to the door.

 

“What?” I turned to Jongin.

 

“Can you stay?” Jongin asked with a distressed voice. “I mean, this is the first time someone visited me while I’m sick, can you stay? I just want to have company,”

 

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt me if I stay,” I stated. “But you have to take your meds now,” I extended my right arm to give Jongin the tablets for his fever and a glass of water.

 

“Yes hyung!” Jongin smiled and gladly took his medication. “Thanks!”

 

I stayed with Jongin and ditched class! Am I doing the right thing? This is against the flow. It must always be; NO ABSENCES and today I just broke that rule. I am feeling weird emotions and I don’t know why. This is turning to be a situation of confusion and wild behavior in which I am not controlled by the rules and laws I imposed on myself. This, for a fact, might turn out to be anarchy.

 


 

A/N: 

(1) Thank you for reading the first chapter and I really hope you liked it. Please subscribe and upvote if you liked the story. Comments are highly appreciated! Enjoy!

(2) I plan to update everyday so stay tune. Thank you all! Love! Love! Love!