Chapter 8

So I Meet Chanyeol...

Jill walked into the kitchen. It was past midnight and she couldn’t sleep well. After turning on the lights, she walked over to the cupboard to take out a small glass and moved over to the refrigerator. She heard footsteps coming down the hall and stopped at the kitchen entrance. Jill turned around after grabbing a pitcher of water.

 

“Oh hi.” ill smiled at Chanyeol, taking a sip of water.

 

“Oh, hi Jill.” Chanyeol slowly moved into the kitchen. He seemed more awake than Jill. “Can I have some too?”

 

“Is that safe? Won’t it be harmful to your body?” Jill asked surprised.

 

Chanyeol chucked a little. “No, it’s safe. Even I need water too.”

 

“Alright.” Jill grabbed another glass from the cupboard and poured it halfway with water.

 

“You can’t sleep either, huh? It’s been a long day.” She handed him the glass and he just held it in his hand.

 

“Yeah, I’m pretty wide awake.”

 

“Oh yeah? Well I was just getting some water, so I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

 

She put down her empty glass and started to move toward the hall, but Chanyeol quickly grabbed her hand. “Wait!”

 

Jill looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Hm? What’s up?”

 

Chanyeol pulled on her hand a little. “Don’t go…”

 

Jill blinked and blushed a little. “I was just going to bed, Chanyeol. It’s not like I’m leaving the house or anything.”

 

“But you were leaving me.” Chanyeol met her eyes and pulled her hand again, making her step forward once.

 

“I would see you in the morning.”

 

“But I want to see you now. It’s boring alone.”

 

By this point, Jill was starting to feel uneasy. “Alright…you see me…”

 

“That’s right.” Chanyeol took both of her hands in his.

 

“I really should go to bed now.”

 

“No, stay. I don’t want to be left alone.” He pulled her another step closer.

 

Jill looked down, unable to hide her blush. “Y-you won’t be alone.”

 

“Yes I will. I never did get to apologize properly you know. For telling you to go away.”

 

Now Jill was standing right in front of him. “Chanyeol. I’m married. This…this can’t happen.” She tried to sound as firm as she could.

 

Chanyeol looked at her sadly like a puppy but didn’t move away.

 

“There are many other wonderful people for you to meet on this planet...but I’m already taken.”

 

“But you helped me and were so nice to me. I need you.” Chanyeol pulled her into a tender hug and buried his face into the crook of her neck.

 

Jill blushed deeply and squirmed uncomfortably. “Y-you’d be fine without me, really!”

 

“No, I wouldn’t.” His voice become very soft and smooth as he leaned back to meet her eyes, but she couldn’t look into his.

 

“Chanyeol, please…!”

 

He put his finger and thumb on the tip of her chin and lifted her head so their eyes met.

 

Jill quickly grabbed his hand and pulled it away from her chin. “I’m married!”

 

Chanyeol slowly looked down at her hand on his and leaned down to kiss it softly.

 

Jill stared at him wide-eyed for a second, then yanked herself out from his grasp and tried to run for the hallway. Chanyeol grabbed her waist and pulled her back to him. She was stuck in a warm back-hug, shaking a little.

 

“D-don’t…!” Her voice was barely over a whisper.

 

“I can’t stop now. It’s gotten this far.” He turned her around and backed her against the kitchen counter. She stared into his eyes with nothing except fear. His shoulders rose and fell as he breathed out softly and the side of her face with his fingers. Jill leaned away from his hand and tried to move away, but he moved both of his hands to the countertop on either side of her.

 

“T-this is a misunderstanding!” Jill glared into his eyes with a very red face.

 

“It’s anything but.” Chanyeol leaned closer toward her face and softly pressed his lips against hers. Her entire body froze. He pulled away slightly after a moment, then kissed her again, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer. Jill stiffened up greatly but the warmth from his body and lips made her feel very relaxed. In only seconds, her eyes slowly relaxed and then closed. He her back and slowly moved his hands under her t-shirt and rubbed her up and down, deepening the kiss. She shivered and stiffened up a little as a result. His tongue brushed against her bottom lip and easily entered . He played with her tongue while taking her face in his hands and leaning into her a little. As much as Jill didn’t want to admit, she was becoming more and more comfortable. Finally, she completely melted into his touch and slowly moved one of her hands onto his arm. Chanyeol grinned in the kiss and nibbled her bottom lip before leaned back to look into her eyes. Jill was breathing in and out shakily with a dazed expression in her eyes. Chanyeol her hair several times and eyed her neck. A small mischievous smile appeared on his face and he leaned in suddenly and stared on her neck. This caused Jill to gasp pretty loudly and stiffen up again. He tangled his hand in the back of her hair and grazed his tongue up and down the main muscle of her neck. Jill moaned a little and tried to push him away. He didn’t budge and started nibbling that muscle softly, almost teasingly. Then in the next instant, he pulled away and brought her back into a tight hug.

 

“I love you Jill. I really do.” He whispered.

 

Jill’s eyes opened slowly. She met Dongwoo’s wide-eyed ones. He was standing in the entrance to the kitchen, staring at the two wordlessly. He slowly back away, shaking his head at Jill in disbelief and ran down the hall.

 

Jill’s heart stopped in . She pushed Chanyeol away and moved for the hall.

 

“Wait.”

 

“Don’t. Just don’t. Dongwoo wait!!” She ran down the hall.

 

Chanyeol watched her go, realizing what just happened.

 

 

“Go away!!” Dongwoo ran into his and Jill’s bedroom and slammed the door.

 

“Dongwoo, listen to me! You have to!” Jill placed her hands on the door and turns the knob. As soon as she stepped into the room, Dongwoo pushed a pillow into her arms without looking into her eyes.

 

“Please sleep somewhere else tonight.”

 

Jill let the pillow fall to the floor. “Dongwoo, just listen to me! I can explain everything!”

 

“I don’t want to hear it. Please leave.”

 

Please let me explain!!”

 

“I don't want to hear it! You were making out with him! I saw it! I’ve heard and seen enough to make up my mind!!”

 

“I didn't intend for this to happen! I swear I didn't!”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“Dongwoo you have to believe me! I love you!” Jill’s voice and eyes were heavy with tears.

 

“But you sure seemed to love him a lot more back there! I’m not taking any of this, Jill. I knew he was trouble! I'll sleep on the couch tonight if you won’t stay away.” Dongwoo walked past Jill and into the hallway.

 

“Dong—“

 

“And don't follow me.” Dongwoo shot her a warning glance. His eyes were wet as well.

 

Jill watched him leave her sight and heard his footsteps disappear down the hallway. After a second, she sank onto the bed slowly staring straight ahead.