Chapter 5

So I Meet Chanyeol...

Jill stared at Chanyeol wide-eyed for several seconds. She forced down thoughts of him being dead and ran back to her house. The police sirens pass by the area and continue down the road, eventually disappearing into the distance.

 

“Yah!!” Jill slammed the door open. "Chanyeol needs help now!" She ran toward the nearest closest and grabbed an armful of blankets.

 

Dongwoo poked his head out from the kitchen. “Where is he?” He asked, watching Jill very surprised and concerned.

 

“Out on the field! He…he needs warmth!”

 

Gongchan rushed down the stairs and took half of the blankets Jill was struggling to hold all on her own.

 

“Can’t he do that himself?” he asked.



“He can’t, he…I’ll explain later, just come on!” Jill ran out of the house. Dongwoo and Gongchan followed behind her.


When they approached Chanyeol, Jill set down the blankets and tried to pull him up. His body was dangerously cold and he wasn’t moving at all.

 

“Dongwoo, help me!!” Jill shouted.

 

Dongwoo quickly came to Chanyeol’s side and lifted his arm around his shoulders. Jill did the same with his other shoulder.

 

Gongchan picked up the blankets, watching Chanyeol nervously. “He doesn’t look so good…”

 

“Back to the house! Now!” Jill said.

 

 


Jill and Dongwoo lay Chanyeol’s body onto the carpet in front of their fireplace. Dongwoo placed his pointer and middle finger onto Chanyeol’s neck, feeling for a pulse. “…I can feel the slightest pulse.”

 

“Good…that’s something.” Jill said slowly. She was trying her best not to sound nervous.

 

“I’ll go get something hot.” Gongchan ran into the kitchen.

 

“Should we call the hospital?” Dongwoo asked Jill.
 

“No! Nobody needs to know we have a dying alien in our living room. Then the government will definitely take him away!”

 

Gongchan ran back into the living room with a full hot water bottle and placed it above Chanyeol’s chest.

 

The three watched Chanyeol for any kind of movement, but Chanyeol only stayed still.


“This isn’t looking good…what happened anyway?” Gongchan looked at Jill.

 

“I…I’m not sure…” Jill rubbed her head in frustration and looked around the room. Her eyes landed on the fireplace in front of them and she got an idea. “Make a fire! Hurry!”

 

Dongwoo looked at her confused. “Why?”

 

“Just trust me!!”

 

Gongchan immediately got up and ran back to the kitchen.

 

Jill opened the fireplace doors and brushed off some of the old ashes. Then she picked up Chanyeol’s arm and moved it onto the fireplace rack.

 

“We’re burning him?” Dongwoo asked confused.

 

“Yeah! It might be the only chance!”

 

“I really don’t think that’s a good idea, Jill…”

 

Just trust me!!” Jill’s voice raised suddenly and her gaze remained locked on Chanyeol’s still face.

 

Gongchan ran back into the room with a handful of matches and a lighter.


“Gongchan, make a fire. It needs to touch Chanyeol’s hand.”

 

Gongchan blinked in surprise, but slowly took one of the matches and lit it.
 


“…I really hope you explain everything that’s happening right now sometime.” Dongwoo watched Jill nervously.


“Yes, I promise I'll explain everything later!”

 

Gongchan held the lit match in his fingertips and looked at Jill. She nodded to him and Gongchan threw the match into the fireplace. The light caught some of the paper remains inside and a small flame began to form. After some fanning, the flame steadily grew and started grazing Chanyeol’s hand. Soon his hand was completely consumed by the flame.

 

“J-Jill!” Dongwoo stared in shock.

 

“Just trust me.” Jill said quietly.

 

“I think now would be a good time to explain the situation!”

 

Chanyeol didn’t move.

 

Gongchan and Dongwoo were looking at Jill, waiting for answers.

 

Jill sighed loudly and leaned forward a little. “Alright, alright! Everything was just fine but then this cloaked guy appeared, told Chanyeol that we were gonna sell him to the government for science, then the cloaked guy broke his necklace which must of been his power source because he's like this now! So he needs fire to restore his power!”

 

Dongwoo and Gongchan stared at her for several long seconds.

 

“…You're telling me some cloaked guy just came out of nowhere and took his power away?” Major skepticism was evident in Dongwoo’s voice.

 

“I know it sounds stupid, but yes! And now he's... he needs to get color back in his face!” Jill’s voice cracked a little and tears started forming in her eyes.

 

Gongchan’s gaze turned back to Chanyeol’s hand resting in the flame.

 

“So burning his hand is going to work how exactly?” Dongwoo asked confused.

 

“Fire is his power. If his body's in contact with it, it should be enough to bring him back to life!” Jill held her hand over as tears started to cloud her vision.

 

“Hey, hey, it’s gonna be alright.” Dongwoo put his arm around her shoulders and held her closer.

 

“It better be!! Don't you dare die, Park Chanyeol!” Jill shook a little and leaned into Dongwoo, clamping her eyes shut and crying softly.


No movement or sound came from Chanyeol.