Chapter 3

So I Meet Chanyeol...

The weather was a little overcast as Gongchan and Chanyeol stood outside a good distance away from Jill’s house.

 

“Ok, since channeling didn't work, let's try something different today.” Gongchan sat down on the soft dirt ground.

 

Chanyeol across from him. “Like what?”


“Meditation.”


“Meditation?”


“Yeah! It's when you get into a relaxed state. Maybe your power works better when you're in a relaxed state.”

 

“Uh... I guess. You're gonna have to lead me with this, I don't know how.”

 

Gongchan nodded. “Right. Ok. Cross your legs and put the back of your hands on your legs with your middle fingers touching your thumbs.”

He got in the position he described to Chanyeol and Chanyeol mimicked his movements.


“You've done this before?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Not really, but this is how I see others doing it. Now close your eyes.”


Chanyeol closed his eyes.


“Just breathe for a while. Stop thinking about stuff.”

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol became silent as he breathed in and out. After about a minute, his body was very still and his breathing has slowed down significantly.
 

Gongchan scooted a little closer to Chanyeol. “Ok, now you're in a meditated state, I guess. Just listen to me talk and continue to breathe. Let your power flow through you. Don't try to use it or anything. Just let it flow.”


Chanyeol didn’t respond, but the necklace pendant around his neck suddenly glowed bright orange and small flames started shooting off from his body.

 

Gongchan’s eyes widened and he backed away. “Wait! Stop! It's too much!”


Chanyeol’s eyes opened but flames continued flying from him. He didn’t seem to hear Gongchan’s voice.

 

Now Gongchan was starting to panic a little. “T-think of something that makes you happy!!”

 

The image of Jill’s face and her slightly cold hand on the side of his face appeared in front of his eyes and his expression softened. The flames sputtered a little and dimmed down into a dim glow around his body.


Gongchan stared at him in awe. “Whoa…”

 

Chanyeol slowly balled his fists and opened them. Small balls of flames appeared in both, calmly burning like two candles.
 

Gongchan laughed a little in surprise. “That’s amazing..! What did you think of?”


Chanyeol blushed and didn’t look at Gongchan. “…Flowers.”


“Flowers?”


“Yes, flowers.”


Gongchan stared at him blankly. Chanyeol cleared his throat a little and let both flames die out. The orange glow around his body faded as well.


“…ok. Everyone has their interests.” Gongchan shrugged.


“Yeah…”


“Try again just to make sure it wasn't luck! Form another one!”

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol closed his eyes and held out his palms face up. Two small flames reappeared in the center of his palms once more.


“You're doing it!” Gongchan smiled big.


“I am!” Chanyeol smiled just as big.

 

“That is so cool!!”

 
“It is!!!”

 

Chanyeol tossed both flames into the air like basketballs and they both vanished.

 

“You're so lucky to have such a cool power!” Gongchan rubbed the top of his head in amazement, staring at the places where the flames burned out.

 

Chanyeol grinned and looked at his hands. “I guess I am.”