Chapter 6

So I Meet Chanyeol...

Chanyeol blinked his eyes open. There was nothing but white around him. “…Hello?” He looked around slowly.

 

“Hey.”

 

Chanyeol jumped a little and turned around.

 

It was Baekhyun. His friend. He was wearing all white clothing and smiling at Chanyeol.

 

“Omo..Baekhyun!” Chanyeol hugged him tightly. “Wait…am I dead?” Chanyeol broke away a little to look at Baekhyun’s face.

 

“No. You’re in the middle.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’re in the middle of consciousness and death, and since that’s the case, you have to listen closely to what I have to say. You’re the last of us that survived. Everyone else died.”

 

Chanyeol backed away slowly. “S-so…that means…”

 

“Yes, I died too.”

 

Anger washed over Chanyeol’s face. “So that man was right…I can’t believe this!”

 

“He manipulated you, Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol’s head jerked to the side. His other friend Kris appeared next to Baekhyun wearing the same white clothes.

 

“H-hyung!”

 

“Listen to me. He was the one who killed us and destroyed our planet.”


“What…? But he said he tried to save you!”

 

“He lied. That man is a liar. Everything he said to you wasn’t true.” Baekhyun said.

 

“And the girl you’re with—“

 

Chanyeol’s expression suddenly turned serious. “Don’t mention her right now.”

 

Suho appeared next to Kris. “She didn’t try to turn you into the government. That was a lie too.”


Chanyeol jumped again and looked at Suho. “But…but those sirens…!”

 

Kris shook his head. “Those policemen were on their way to arrest a robber who broke into someone’s house.”

 

Chanyeol stared at all of them and then slowly turned his gaze down in shock. “N….no way….”

 

“It’s true.” Suho nodded.

 

“I…I feel so terrible now…”

 

“You can fix it later. Right now, we have to talk about your power.”

 

Chanyeol groaned and smashed his face into his hands. “I’m so stupid!! That man…he destroyed my necklace and I let him!”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Suho said gently.

 

“Huh?”

 

“That necklace wasn’t your reservoir of power. Your power flows within you, not the necklace.” Kris explained.


“But…I felt all my power drain out of me before. I felt so cold…”


“Your body went into shock from losing its reservoir. You should look at your hand.” Baekhyun chuckled a little.

 

“Huh? What about it?” Chanyeol raised his hand and stared at it with wide, surprised eyes. A faint, red and orange flame was dancing in the middle of his palm.

 

“You have the girl to thank for that.” Kris smirked.


Chanyeol glanced at him. “Jill?”
 

The three nodded.

 

“Omo..........I told her to go away....” Chanyeol looked back at his hand with major guilt in his eyes.

 

“Yeah, like she’d listen to you.” Kris chuckled slightly.

 

“That woman is stubborn.” Baekhyun said.

 

“If it weren’t for you, you’d probably be dead.” Suho added.


Chanyeol stared at his flaming hand in silence.

 

“You’re lucky to have met her.” Baekhyun placed his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“… yeah.” Chanyeol nodded slowly.

 

“When you regain consciousness, you have to feel your power and regain control of it. You think you can do that?” Kris asked.


Chanyeol nodded determinedly. “I will.”
 

“Good.” Kris nodded as well.

 

“We have to go now.” Suho said.

 

“Already?” Chanyeol’s expression turned to sadness.

 

“Don’t worry about us. We’ll be fine.” Baekhyun smiled.
 

Chanyeol took one last look at all of them. “I’m really gonna miss you guys…”

 

“We’ll always be with you supporting you.” Suho patted his arm.

 

Chanyeol nodded. “Tell the others I said hi.”

 

“They can see you, so they know.” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“O-oh…good.” Chanyeol glanced around but he didn’t see any other figures.

 

The white area around him slowly faded away along with Kris, Baekhyun, and Suho. Chanyeol focused on them until his eyes slowly closed and the white was replaced with darkness.