Chapter 21

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over 200 people are reading my stories: thank you<3

Guys, remember Vincent? Well, I asked if some of you wanted to know what he looks like so here you go: a pic of the one and only Vincent!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/55/41/b5/5541b5bc1d21072e5530c6933934753f.jpg

sorry for not posting the pic - it wouldn`t upload

Oh, and please, please, comment on my chapters because they give me motivation to continue writing- I know it might seem selfish of me, but please<3

anyway, here you go:

Chapter 21

“But it was just one drop,” Lay murmured, frowning as he looked at his finger. Sehun bit his lip, flipping the page in The Book (he couldn`t find a damn name for it, so Jongin suggested they called it The Book). He had read about shapeshifters and found out that Vincent had told him the truth. Shapeshifters needed at least one drop of blood to take the shape of a person. Lay had managed to cut his finger on a toy when he was playing with Nini, and he had gone to the bathroom to get a band aid when the shapeshifter had found the blood and changed into Lay, quickly searching for Sehun and sending him off to the forest.

“We still need to find that shapeshifter,” Jongin said from his seat on Sehun`s spinning chair. Sehun nodded as he skimmed through the page.

“It is written here that shapeshifters have to shed their skin and all when they change into a different person which does take time, but the shapeshifter from yesterday did it in seconds.”

“Is he the leader or something?” Sehun nodded at Jongin.

“Vincent said something about the shapeshifter having been here for a while because the charm that we have thrown on this territory actually prevents supernatural creatures from entering, and he has been here long enough for Woohyun not to notice him. This shapeshifter is probably very old, which also gives him the alpha title, just like Woohyun. Vincent said that the reason why the shapeshifter decided to attack was because word about my blood has spread to every supernatural creature, and they came here to claim this land and to take my blood. It says here that shapeshifters can`t perform magic, and the only way for him to get his people into this territory was through me.”

“Why can`t they perform magic?”

“How the does every supernatural creature know about your blood?!” They both spoke at the same time and Sehun winced slightly.

“I don`t know how they all know about it, but they do and my head is on a stake, I think, or at least that`s what Vincent said... And the reason why shapeshifters can`t perform magic is because not everyone can do that. It is strange that they can turn into a completely different person with the help of a drop of blood, but it is not classified as magic. The only creatures that can perform magic, which I know of, are witches.”

“Then how come you managed to cast a protection spell on this territory?” Sehun frowned. Lay was right, how did Sehun manage to do that?

“Maybe humans can perform magic?” Lay shook his head, frown attached to his face.

“I think there must be a connection with you being a Blue Blood and all. Maybe that is why you can use magic...” Sehun realized that Lay was once again right; it had to be connected to his blood. Sehun quickly started searching through the book, looking for the letter “B”. Jongin was lost in his thoughts and Lay was reading with Sehun when the door suddenly opened.

“Sehunah, I- what are you reading?” Sora looked at the huge, old book in Sehun`s lap with a frown, and Sehun immediately slammed it shut, putting his hands on the cover as he nervously laughed at his mother.

“I-uh-nothing, just about plants... Yeah, plants.” Sehun noticed how Jongin facepalmed himself on the spinning chair, and Lay bit his lip to prevent a chuckle from escaping. Sora raised an eyebrow, not fully convinced as she tried to get a peek at the book in Sehun`s lap. Sehun quickly stood up and threw the book beneath his covers, Lay immediately sprawling his limbs on the bed. “What did you need help with, mother?” Sora sighed as she dropped the case, and Sehun frowned as he noticed the wrinkles on her forehead. His mother never had wrinkles, and Sehun felt bad because he realized that he had spent so little time with her.

“Your father is coming home early today, Sehun, and he wanted to talk about something, I don`t know what it is but all of us, including Lay and Jongin have to be there.” Sehun nodded, eyebrows furrowed as he wondered what his father was going to talk about. It seemed serious and Sehun felt his heart skip a beat as he imagined his father throwing Jongin or Lay and Minja out of the house. No, Sehun`s father wasn`t that cruel, what the hell?

“I will make sure to be there, mother.” Sehun`s mother smiled in return as she retreated, closing the door behind her. Sehun sighed and sat down on the bed and Jongin groaned while Lay laughed loudly.

“I can`t believe you said that,” Lay chuckled and Sehun groaned as he fell down on his back.

“She probably thinks it is a book or something,” Jongin commented and Sehun flushed red as he covered his face with his hands.

“We can`t have that book here anymore,” Sehun whined, sitting up on the bed. “My mother is a really noisy person, she will probably search for it when I`m at school.”

“We seriously can`t drag anymore people into this mess,” Jongin muttered and Lay suddenly sat up, grinning as he snapped his fingers.

“The place that Woohyun gave you! We can use that as our magic hangout place and work with it there!” Sehun widened his eyes as a grin spread onto his face, high fiving Lay. Jongin chuckled from his seat and stood up.

“I guess I can tolerate Jacob for that warehouse,” Jongin said as he opened the door to Sehun`s room, walking off to the guestroom his stuff was in. Sehun and Lay exchanged smiles as they stood up and grabbed the book out from beneath the covers.  “But we are not leaving this house before you get some protection from being killed.” Jongin came back into the room with a black marker and held it out to Sehun.

“What am I supposed to do with-“

“A tattoo.” Sehun frowned.

“A tattoo?” Jongin nodded and closed the door behind him.

“I did a little research yesterday night, after Vincent left, and I found out that there are many runes that can help us in many situations. The only problem is that you have to tattoo them into your skin.”

“The why did you bring a marker?” Lay asked and Jongin pulled out his phone, showing them a picture of a rune.

“This is called Algiz. It is a powerful rune which represents protection and, spiritually, it symbolizes reaching up to the divine. Algiz also represents success through endeavor in a search, quest, or other enterprise. Like the fast-growing pine tree, schemes will develop quickly. Like sharp sedge, you are protected from attack. Alertness and awareness will be your guide. Wisdom, vision and clarity of mind will aid your cause,” Jongin read up from the website on his phone. “I know that a marker will disappear after a short while, but as long as the rune is on your skin you are safe.” Sehun bit his lip as he felt butterflies in his abdomen. Jongin had been reading to find a way to protect Sehun, and the latter felt flattered as he accepted the marker.

“Do I just draw it on my arm?” Jongin nodded and Sehun removed the lid. Jongin showed Sehun the picture as the latter drew the rune on his arm. “It looks like a tree,” Sehun commented, looking at the small tattoo on his arm.

“For it to work, you have to get rid of any trace of fear in you and trust it completely,” Jongin said as Sehun pulled the sleeve of his hoodie down, covering his arm.

“But what if I do feel fear? I can`t really control what I feel, Jongin,” Sehun deadpanned and the latter shook his head with a slight smile on his face.

“You can feel fear, but you have to quickly remind yourself of the tattoo and then try to, I don`t know, feel safe? Just remember the rune and its meaning.” Sehun nodded slowly and Lay silently watched it all. “Shall we go now?”

“Yeah, come on.”

***

“This place is huge,” Jongin commented, twirling around as he took in the modern interior. Woohyun had not locked the place, but he had put the lock with the key on the ground next to the door, and Sehun had immediately taken the key. He placed his book on the huge table in front of some barstools and Jongin and Lay sat down next to him.

“Find out why you can perform magic,” Lay quickly said as Sehun opened The Book, and Sehun nodded as he flipped to the page he had tried to read at home.

“Blue Blood,” Sehun murmured as he started reading, fingers trailing the words. “It stands here that a Blue Blood is of an ancient generation that was persecuted and almost exterminated. A son of a kind and queen was born as a Blue Blood after the mother died giving birth to the son, and he barely survived hadn`t the king taken him to a witch to have him saved. The witch gave him a part of her magic, and a part of her dying son`s heart, which lead to the boy surviving and becoming a mage. In return, she wanted him to help her out in case something ever happened to her grandchildren, whom her son had left behind. So the boy grew up to take care of the granddaughters of the witch who died shortly after, and like that witches and mages were born. Until a century later, when their grandchildren were killed in a mass murder, and the remaining witches fled, leaving the mages in the hands of the enemy. Only one survived. She managed to flee to another country, and there she fell in love with a human whom she later had a child with. The child didn`t possess any powers.”

“I`m getting goosebumps.” Sehun rolled his eyes, Lay snickered.

“This continued for a century, un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter