Chapter 2

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I`ve got 63 subscribers!!!! YEHET! 

****

Chapter 2

“Did the transfusion go well?” Sehun nodded at Baekhyun as he sat down in his seat. Tao immediately pulled out a bag of dried peaches and put them before Sehun.

“Eat.” Sehun grimaced but nonetheless accepted the bag.

“It went well, just a slight pinch and then the feeling of, I guess, being filled,” Sehun replied, pulling out a round bite of dried peach. “How have you been?”

“Great,” Suho said as he slid down in his seat next to Sehun. Chen sat down next to Suho and grinned at Sehun.

“Me too.” Sehun felt an arm brush his and a feeling of Deja Vu filled him. He wearily looked at the person next to him.

“Hi, Sehunah!” Sehun felt an arm being thrown around his neck as he was sideways hugged by Jongin. He felt a light blush rise to his face and quickly pushed Jongin off. It wasn`t Luhan who sat down next to him. It was Jongin, someone Sehun had offered a great place in his heart to without really meaning to.

“Yah, don`t do that, your arm is heavy,” Sehun weakly tried, quickly putting a bite of peach into his mouth. Jongin chuckled from beside him and reached over to grab a bite for himself.

“Yah, Jongin!” Tao yelled over the table, frowning at him. “You didn`t meet up yesterday! We almost lost because of you!” Jongin made a face of realization and then sheepishly smiled.

“Sorry, I was really busy yesterday. But you won, though! 1-0! Congratulations!” They high fived and Tao sat back down, slinging an arm around Baekhyun`s shoulders.

“Yeah, Luhan managed to score the goal in the 40 last seconds! That dude is seriously talented. Wait, have anyone seen him lately? He hasn`t eaten with us for two weeks now!” Sehun stiffened slightly at the mention of Luhan`s name, but quickly shrugged and continued eating his tasteless food. Luhan hadn`t spoken to him for three weeks since the breakup, and Sehun felt sad. He felt like it was his fault that Luhan would disappear and probably eat alone in the lunch breaks.

“He was in the classroom with Mr. Choi,” Chen said from his seat. “They were discussing his grades.”

 “Ah, okay then,” Tao said, nodding slightly. “But seriously, we should find him every lunch break, I feel like he doesn`t eat anymore. Have you seen how skinny he looks?” Once again, Sehun mentally kicked himself for Luhan`s condition. He hadn`t seen the latter for the past two weeks, they had both kept their distances, but in some classes, Sehun would hear his voice when he answered a question. However he still hadn`t seen him physically, and the fact that Tao worried about his weight made Sehun frown. Jongin stopped eating his lunch, a sandwich that he had managed to pop out of nowhere, as he noticed Sehun`s tense frame.

“Hey,” Jongin murmured, lightly nudging Sehun. The latter looked at him with raised eyebrows and blinked. “What`s wrong?” Sehun shook his head.

“Nothing.” It was a lie right through his teeth. Sehun felt like . He felt responsible for Luhan`s condition, and at the same time, despite Jongin making him almost completely forget about the vampires hunting him, Sehun felt fear at the thought of a vampire finding him. He hadn`t seen Kris since that day at the exhibition, and he wondered what Kris was doing at the moment. He had felt a strange bond of brotherhood when it came to Kris, and the thought of finding him and visiting him had crossed his mind a lot of times.

Jongin had been there for him, though, and Sehun was actually quite content with that. Jongin would wait outside his house everyday and follow him to school, and he would sit next to him in class (Lay and him had switched seats) and they would cooperate when working on different subjects. At lunch, the two of them would sit in the cafeteria at their usual table with Chen, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun and Tao, and chatter and eat food. Sehun`s friends had accepted Jongin with open arms and they secretly shipped them together. Tao had even bet money on who would confess first, without Sehun knowing, of course. Baekhyun would just punch him in the guts.

“Are you sure, Sehun?” Jongin didn`t look convinced and raised his eyebrows as he waited for Sehun to answer. Sehun bit his lip and shook his head.

“No, not really.”

“Why, Sehun?” The boys were busy chatting with Lay who had just come back from the library. No one paid the two of them attention as Jongin scooted closer to Sehun and lightly placed a hand on his thigh. Sehun looked at Jongin and felt like crying. He didn`t know why, but with Jongin he felt like he could say anything and do anything. He felt like he could finally express himself without being embarrassed or shy. He felt real.

“Can we talk about it later? I just want to eat now.” Jongin nodded and a grin spread on his face, relaxing Sehun immediately.

***

“This is horrible!” Sehun heard his mother exclaim from their living room. He quickly downed his medicine before entering the room.

“What`s wrong?” Sehun sat down on the couch next to his mom and drifted his gaze to the TV. The breaking news was shoving and the reporter had the most serious expression Sehun had ever seen.

“A boy, aged 17, was found dead in a forest in Seoul yesterday night at eleven o`clock. Not a single drop of blood was left in him and the doctors are still trying to find the reason to it. A scar has been found on his neck, but its faintness is making it hard to solve the case. People are now warned against walking out of the house during nights and the police are looking for a suspect...” Sehun drowned out the rest of the words as the hairs on his neck stood on end. Vampires.

“Mother,” Sehun said, voice surprisingly steady as he turned to her.

“Hmm?”

“Promise me not to go out of the house at night, heck, don`t even go out during daylight if not necessary. Promise me.” Sehun`s mother furrowed her eyebrows.

“Son, the body was found in a forest, we`re in the middle of the town, no animal will manage to come here! If it does manage, someone will kill it before it attacks,” she argued, turning the TV off. Sehun angrily sighed. It wasn`t an animal that had attacked, Sehun knew that. But his mother didn`t know. 

“Just promise me, mom.” Sehun had never used the word mom. “Promise me not to trust strangers as well, just, just be careful, mother.”

“I promise, Sehun. Relax, nothing will happen to me.” Sehun bit his lip as he stared back at his mom before pulling her in for a tight hug. He didn`t know what he would do if his mother was attacked. He would probably go crazy, search for the vampire and kill it. Could vampires be killed? Or were they immortal? Sehun had a lot of questions and he realized that Jongin had the answers to them all. He pulled away from his mom and gently caressed her cheek before standing up.

“I`m going to bed, mother. Good night.”

“Good night, Sehun,” his mother said, watching as her son walked out of the living room and up the stairs. She sighed and leaned back on the couch. What if her son was attacked? Worried thoughts filled her head as she quickly turned the TV back on, taking on a channel that would take her mind off the case. She couldn`t even imagine anything bad happening to her son.

***

“Are you immortal?” Sehun asked the question the second he closed his bedroom door behind him, acknowledging Jongin who had been waiting on his bed. Jongin sat up and frowned at Sehun.

“Why are you asking that?” Sehun walked up to the bed and sat down next to Jongin.

“The breaking news reported that a 17 year old boy was found dead in a forest here, in Seoul, and that he was drained off blood. It is a vampire, I know it. Kris said that some of you, rogues, get pleasure from killing their preys.” Sehun looked at Jongin with an expectant expression, biting his lip. Jongin blinked back at Sehun before nodding.

“We`re immortal, as long as no one kills us.” Sehun hesitated before asking the next question.

“How do you die?” Jongin looked down at his hands, wondering if he could tell Sehun or not. Sehun would never take advantage of what Jongin would tell him and kill him, would he? Jongin trusted Sehun, with his life even, so he sighed and turned towards Sehun.

“A wooden stake is what kills us. And yeah, all that cliché stuff you`ve heard about garlic and holy water is a lie, but the myths about sunlight is true; we burn into ashes if we stand too long in it.”

“But you`ve been in sunlight many times now, Jongin. You`ve gone to my school for a month, and you been walking around in the sunlight all the time!” Jongin nodded and lifted his hand. Sehun noticed a thin ring around Jongin`s middle finger. “I have never seen you wear that before.”

“It`s because I changed it, I used to wear a chain but it became annoying when I played football or when I ran, it kept slapping me. So, yeah, I changed it into this ring last week.” Sehun stared at the black ring around Jongin`s finger, his own hand raising slightly to touch it.

“How can a mere ring keep you alive? How did you even come up with it? Can any ring help?” Jongin shook his head.

“This ring, and the necklace I used to wear, is kinda enchanted.” Sehun`s eyebrows rose.

“Enchanted? As in magic?” Jongin nodded with a grin on his face.

“Just like vampires exist, witches and a lot more creatures do too, the witches that have enchanted mine and Kris` rings are from an old family. They`ve been here in town for at least 300 years. Their forefathers are the reason to why they`re still alive; there was a fight between witches and vampires a few centuries ago, and it was a really bloody fight from what I`ve heard.”

“Who won?” Jongin smiled at Sehun`s eagerness.

“The vampires, of course. Sure, the witches were clever and had magic, but we were fast and managed to win. Instead of killing them all off, the head of the vampire clan back then decided to let them stay. As long as they helped the vampires with anything they could afford, insert the enchanted rings and necklaces, they would live in peace. Not many vampires know of the enchanted rings and necklaces, and they lurk around during nights in search for food. But some clever ones have managed to find some witches around the world and force them into making it. The Jung family has been in a pact with the head vampire here in Seoul, so I got it as a gift from them, Kris too. Other vampires that I know got it from other witches from other towns.” There was a moment of silence, Sehun saving all the new information in his mind while Jongin sheepishly looked out of the window next to Sehun`s bed.

“Are you a descendant from the vampire clan?” Jongin shook his head as a remorseful expression crossed his face. Sehun frowned.

“No, I was turned.” Sehun was going to ask when or how but Jongin beat him to it. “Kris is a descendant from the vampire clan. A pure blood.”

“The Jung family,” Sehun said, dropping the case because Jongin had looked very uncomfortable. “What about them? Do they ever show themselves? I mean, have anyone seen them or are they locked away from the world here in Seoul?” Jongin suddenly chuckled and lightly hit Sehun`s leg, making the latter wince in pain. Jongin`s “lightly” was Sehun`s harsh, but Sehun let it go.

“Seriously, Sehun? They`re just like us, in fact, I wouldn`t be surprised if you had already met them. One of them is actually attending our school!” Sehun widened his eyes.

“Who is it?”

“Jung Daehyun, the one in P.E class.”

“No way!”

“Yes! You wouldn`t have guessed, right?” Jongin chuckled as Sehun shook his head.

“There`s so much going on without anyone noticing, it`s crazy,” Sehun exclaimed, running a hand through his hair. Jongin nodded as he laid back on the bed, looking up at Sehun`s roof.

“As long as nothing happens to you, it doesn`t matter.” Sehun closed his eyes as he laid down next to Jongin, their arms brushing. He felt safe next to him, protected. Sehun didn`t know what awaited him, but he knew that as long as Jongin was there, nothing bad would happen. He did have Kris too, and maybe Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Sehun wondered if Jongin knew the two, flipping onto his side to ask him. But Jongin was nowhere to be seen, and before Sehun had time to even open his mouth the door opened and his mother walked in.

“Sehunah, are you sleeping?” Sehun, still shocked from what had happened seconds ago, simply shook his head as he stared at his mother. She sighed and walked in. “Father won`t be home till late tonight, Sehunah. His boss is giving him quite a hard time; his shifts are now all longer than before so he will be coming home very late. I just wanted you to know, in case you got worried.”

“Okay, mother,” Sehun replied, frowning at the fact that his father risked being attacked because of his job. His mother smiled as she turned off the lights and walked out of the room, leaving Sehun to himself.

“Sorry about that,” Jongin said as he suddenly plopped down next to Sehun, clamping a hand on his mouth before he had the chance to yell. Sehun pushed Jongin`s hand off and sat up on his bed, glaring at Jongin. Despite the darkness in the room, Sehun could still make out Jongin`s features and was fuming when he saw that the latter was grinning.

“Could you please stop popping out of nowhere?!” Sehun whisper-yelled, pushing Jongin`s arm away. “Remember the fact that I am a human and that I have anemia, which means that I can faint any given second!” Jongin sat up on the bed when Sehun said that and frowned.

“I`m sorry, Sehun, I am just not used to it, you know, toning down my vampirism.” Sehun calmed down his breathing while angrily staring at Jongin. The latter tried to smile at him but Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter