Chapter 14

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am sorry for the long wait, had exams and all! But now I am free!! Or, only for three days and then I have another exam and two more next week... to be me, huh?

But anyway, I hope you guys stay with me till the end and tell me your opinions on the plot! 

Here you go;

Chapter 14

“How much more?”

“Two more spoons,” Lay said, stirring the dough as Sehun added two tablespoons of sugar. “Nini will be so happy.” Sehun nodded as he put the sugar jar back where it belonged, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge in the process.

“So she turns 5 today?” Lay nodded as he continued stirring the cake dough. It was only the two of them home, Sehun`s mother and Minja had gone to pick Nini up from her new kindergarten, promising her a trip to the mall to buy ice cream before they would get home. Jongin had gone to the grocery store to get the last minute stuff and some decorations for the living room. They were going to surprise Nini when she got home and Sehun had actually felt a bit sad for her because she didn`t have any friends to invite over. “I wish we could bring someone for her, so she would be happy.”

“It`s okay, she doesn`t really like opening up to people,” Lay said, spilling the slightly runny dough on the cake tray, placing it in the oven. He wiped his hands on the apron he was wearing, turning around to smile at Sehun. “She is really special, that girl, she only speaks with people she cares about and want to actually befriend, that`s why she keeps her distance from some kids.”

“But it`s still sad to not have any friends over on your birthday...” Sehun pouted because, hello, Nini was turning five and none of her friends, or she didn`t have any friends, so no one except the family would be celebrating her birthday. Lay smiled and placed a hand on Sehun`s shoulder.

“It`s okay, Sehun! We can have a great time with her, watch music videos and dance, have a karaoke and eat cake!” Sehun smiled back, convincing himself in his head as he nodded.

“Yeah, we`re gonna have fun!”

“I`m back!” The front door opened and a few seconds later Jongin came into the kitchen with four bags in hands. “Look what I bought!” He started pulling out candies, chips, popcorn and what not. “Oh, and I bought her a gift too!” He pulled out a small box, wrapped in pink with a white ribbon on. Sehun widened his eyes as he excitedly grabbed the box.

“What is it?” Jongin quickly grabbed the box back and smirked.

“Not telling you, it`s a present so it will be opened when she wants to, wait till then.” Sehun stuck out his tongue at Jongin and the latter huffed back. Lay chuckled as he slung an arm around Sehun`s shoulders.

“It`s okay, Sehun, you can dance for her and she will forgive you for not buying a gift,” Lay laughed and Sehun sighed.

“I can`t dance to save my life.” Jongin blinked at Sehun.

“I can show you.”

“Kim Jongin aka badass vampire aka badass bad boy can dance?” Sehun gaped at Jongin who was scratching the back of his neck.

“Yeah, actually, I used to dance before...” Sehun raised his eyebrows as Lay smiled.

“I like to dance too!” Lay and Jongin high fived each other and started talking about dance in general and what music they danced to and Sehun couldn`t care less because, ok, wait, he cared, he was just annoyed because he didn`t know what they were speaking about.

“I`ll be blowing the balloons,” Sehun mumbled as he slipped past the chatting couple, walking off to the living room, grabbing a pack of balloons on the way. He sat down on the couch and opened the package, bringing the rubber to his lips as he blew into them. After blowing two balloons, Sehun collapsed on the couch and breathed heavily. “What the hell?” Sehun shifted a bit on the couch and made himself more comfortable, looking up at the roof as he frowned. He couldn`t even blow a balloon, what kind of a man was he? Man up, Sehun! Blow the balloons! Sehun sat up with a determined nod, pulling out the balloons from the packet as he started blowing them. 10 minutes and three balloons later he was once more sprawled on the couch. “I am a girl.”

“You`re a girl?” Sehun jumped up from the couch, blinking up at Jongin.

“What? No, pfft, who said that?”

“Eh, I think you said so?”

“I was just saying a line from a song,” Sehun lied, giving Jongin a glare. Jongin shrugged and grabbed the packet of balloons, blowing two at once. Sehun tried not to gape at him, narrowing his eyes as Jongin blew up the rest of the pack in the matter of minutes.

“So, how are we celebrating it?” Sehun quickly blinked and pushed his thoughts to the side.

“We`re just gonna eat snacks, watch videos on Youtube and then eat the cake,” Sehun said and sat down on the couch, balloon in hand.

“That`s all? Don`t you think the kids will want to play or anything?” Sehun shook his head as he looked at Jongin.

“No kids are coming, Nini doesn`t befriend people so she has only us.” Jongin frowned.

“That`s bad. What the hell? A kid should be able to bring her friends to her birthday and have fun with them!” Jongin stood there for a few more second before huffing and leaving the living room, disappearing down the hall. Sehun sat down on the couch and felt guilt eating him up. He really wanted someone to come to Nini`s party, but he didn`t know any four year old kids!

“What to do?” Sehun groaned and dragged a hand down his face. He stared at the black TV screen for a few more minutes before suddenly widening his eyes. Woohyun and the pack! He could make them come and do cool stuff so Nini would be happy and he could also make them bring gifts for her! Sehun pulled out his phone and texted Woohyun.

To: Namgrease

We`re celebrating Nini`s birthday today, she`s Lay`s sister, can you guys come?

Sehun hadn`t even put the phone back down when it suddenly vibrated.

From: Namgrease

I was waiting for your text, yeobo! Oh, and of course we`ll come! Just tell the time and place and we`ll bring her gifts. How old is she turning, btw? ^-^

To: Namgrease

She`s turning 5.

From: Namgrease

Okay, not to be rude or anything, but why are you inviting a bunch of 18 year old werewolves to a five year old girl`s birthday? Doesn`t she have friends or something?

To: Namgrease

She doesn`t have any friends, Woohyun. She doesn`t like people that much, only a few can get on her good list.

This time, a few seconds passed by before Woohyun replied.

From: Namgrease

I am so gonna be on that list, wait up, we`re coming! Oh, and make sure that Edward isn`t there, his face annoys me a lot lately.

Sehun didn`t think much about the last part of the text, knowing that Woohyun was just joking so he shrugged and texted him the address and time. Sehun put away his phone and leaned back on the couch, a satisfied grin on his face. Nini would be happy.

***

“They`re gonna be here in 5 minutes!” Lay announced and quickly put the newly decorated cake in the fridge, pulling off his apron as he straightened his Hello Kitty shirt. They had all decided to wear Hello Kitty t-shirts that Lay had bought, Jongin had run off and Lay had to hold him down as Sehun forced the shirt on him, and they were now waiting in the hallway. Confetti poppers were in their hands as they turned off the lights, hiding behind the closet in the hallway as keys were heard.

“Thank you for the ice cream, Sorassi, it was very good,” Nini said to Sehun`s mother as they walked in and Jongin cheered as they the lights and popped the confetti. Nini widened her eyes as Lay attacked her in a hug, spinning her a few times as glittering confetti fell around them, and Sehun and Jongin were throwing balloons at each other. “Thank you so much!” Nini laughed and Lay put her down to help the mothers. Nini hugged Sehun and Jongin at the same time, making their faces almost collide. Minja and Sora were busy laughing at something and Lay was helping them put away their coats, no one noticed the furious blushes on Jongin and Sehun`s faces.

“You`re welcome,” Sehun smiled and quickly pulled back from the hug, blinking at Nini. Jongin also pulled back and smiled at her, ruffling her hair.

“Come on!” Lay dragged Nini to the living room and their mothers followed, pulling out cameras as they started taking pictures of Lay and Nini. Sehun was dragged in for a photo and Lay made him pose like a cat, Jongin standing on the side while biting back a laugh. Sehun was grinning as they music and songs started playing on the speakers. “Nan eurerong, eurerong, eurerong dae!” Lay was suddenly dancing along to the song and Sehun stepped back as he watched Lay dance, widening his eyes as Jongin also joined him. Jongin had a soft smile on his face as he danced, his body basically floating. Sehun was mesmerized; the way Jongin moved was almost magical, and Sehun could feel his heartbeat speeding up. But he didn`t get more time to admire Jongin as the doorbell rung. Sehun excused himself with a smile; Woohyun and the guys were there. He quickly skipped into the hallway and opened the door.

“Kris?!” Sehun all but tackled Kris in a hug, making the giant laugh as he patted Sehun`s back.

“Yah, you`re ruining the shirt,” Kris chuckled and Sehun quickly pulled back with a smile.

“It`s been such a long time! You`ve gotta come more often! Wait, why are you here?” Kris rolled his eyes as he entered the hallway.

“I thought you wanted me here? Oh, and I came because a certain Nini has birthday?”

“How do you know Nini?” Kris grinned as Jongin entered the hallway as well, giving Kris a side hug as he smiled at Sehun.

“I invited him, you know, since the birthday girl needed a few guests.” The door opened wider and in came two unfamiliar guys, grins on both their faces. Sehun took a weary step back as he realized that the two boys must have been vampires.

“The famous Oh Sehun,” one of them said as he smirked. He pulled out a hand from his coat and Sehun wearily shook it. “I`m Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo.”

“And I`m Sungyeol, nice to meet you!” The taller boy smiled at Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter