Two

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

     Iseul was unsure of the best course of action. She felt a bit attached to the dead thing and couldn’t toss it in the trash. It may also contain things that would help in tracking what was doing this. The girl lay awake in bed, unable to fall back asleep due to these thoughts. Once the sun had risen, the girl came the conclusion that police would be useless. Considering she herself was unsure of the event, the officials might not even care.

 

        She wanted to just forget about it, mark it off as random and hope it stops happening. But, the more she thought about it, the less random it seemed. Iseul remembered the day before the first incident. On her walk home from school, she admired two birds play fighting near her house. The next morning, victim number one was a small sparrow. Day two had been an identical bird. Day three was a squirrel she had managed to get near before it scampered away the evening.  Iseul loved all the woodland creatures neighboring her new home. Back in the city, she seldom saw a single bird fly past her apartment complex. She wanted to enjoy the cute things, not have them killed. The girl got out of bed and walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

 

        Iseul approached the back door and opened it, greeted with an empty concrete slab. With a small frown, she assumed her father threw the thing away. The microwave's display read 9:23. With having no other plans for this Sunday, Iseul decided to do a bit of investigating. The girl ran and slipped on a pair of shoes before leaving the house. She left through the back door and strolled around the yard. She opened the bottle and took a drink, stopping in her work spot from the preceding day. Her eyes landed on the bush that caught her attention before the rabbit incident. Was it rustling like that before she left the house?  

 

        For a split second, the wild idea of a monster c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter