Ten

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

 

 

   Iseul was now in her room, finishing her biology project. Helping her was the boy her new friends had been trying to set her up with. Having known him for ten minutes, he didn’t seem horrible. But for some reason, she felt comfortable with him. Whenever she made new friends, she felt as though she had to be nice and not too playful. That was at least until they’ve known either other for a while. But the second she noticed Jinyoung, she felt relaxed. It was like they were already best friends. So she didn’t felt out of place teasing him. It almost felt like she needed to assert dominance over him. This was something she never experienced or even thought of doing before. She was the type of person to get nervous giving her opinion during group work at school. She could never see herself as being authoritative in any sense.  

 

                “Not like that, write it higher,” she said, reaching to take the marker out of his hand. He just held it out of her reach as she went on to point to the poster “Put it up here,” she directed.

 

                The project itself needed to be an essay and a twenty-minute presentation. For the second part, she chose to do a poster as a visual aid. It was a group project that she had the luck of getting stuck with doing most of the work for. She was writing the important parts on the board for her not so smart members to read from.

 

                “Here, you write it, you have better handwriting than me.” Jinyoung said as he gave her the marker. She took the marker and started copying the information. After half a sentence, she paused to look at what to put next. “Oh no wait, nevermind. You don’t have better handwriting than me.” Jinyoung said as he reached to take the thing from her grasp. The two had ended up sitting across from each other with the board between them. But when the girl heard him say this she rolled her eyes and stood up from her spot. He didn’t flinch when she moved onto the bed, taking her laptop with her. “What am I supposed to write?” he asked.

 

                “I think I’ll make a powerpoint instead.” the girl said from where she lay on her stomach above him. He looked up at the screen and saw her opening a new slideshow and he let out a sigh. He closed the cap on the marker and grabbed the papers he thought would be important. Even though he had no idea what the project was even covering. The boy walked over the empty side of the bed and flopped down next to her.

 

                “Here,” he said as he laid the papers between them.

 

                “Thank you,” she said as picked out a template for the slides and reached for the stack. He wiggled closer to her and tilted his head beside to hers, being nosy in what she was doing.

 

                “I leave for ten minutes and you two are all over each other.” Mark said as he walked in the room with three cans of soda. He tossed one at Jinyoung, who caught it midair. He laid the other unopened one next to Iseul.

 

                “We’re working,” Jinyoung said as he opened the drink and took a sip.

 

                “I’m working,” she said, putting emphasis on the first word. “you’re just” she paused as she thought of what to say “existing,” she finished.

 

                “I do that pretty well, don’t I?” he said more than asked as he looked at her, returned with her making an annoyed face at him. He imitated her before pulling back with a smile and taking another sip of his drink. Mark was standing next to the two and just watching how they got along so well. But weren’t being too physical or affectionate about it. It was a different first meeting than he has ever seen from any other set of mates. But then again, only one of them is a werewolf. Mark was soon pulled from his thoughts.

 

                “How did you even get these?” Iseul asked, holding up the can of soda, reading the nutrition label.

 

                “Jackson asked your mom for some comfort food. She went and grabbed these from your dad’s stash.” Mark said as he took the drink from her and cracked it open before giving it back.

 

                “My dad has a stash? No wonder he’s so fat when all mom’s cooking is super healthy.” the girl said before taking a mouthful of the drink, followed with a burp. She covered with her free hand as her eyes bulged in embarrassment. The boys just laughed at her actions and shook it off. “I don’t want this.” she said, handing the drink back to Mark.

 

                “You sure? Seemed like you liked it a lot.” He said as a slight tease, chuckling as he took the can from her and sat it on the small table next to him. The girl ignored him and started typing, transferring the information onto the presentation. Mark looked at her screen and then at Jinyoung. The latter seemed entertained with watching her fingers move across the keyboard. “Do you need any help?” he asked, ready to leave the room.

 

                “I’m good, thank you,” she said, her eyes never leaving the display. Jinyoung looked up at his friend, only for the redhead to smirk at him. The coal haired boy gestured at his friend to get out. Mark let out a silent laugh as he left the room.  “Just remember to use protection.” he sang out from a few steps down the hall. This had Iseul raise her head, glance at the door and then turn to the boy beside her.

 

                “I have no idea what he’s talking about,” he said. The girl narrowed her eyes at him, which caused him to give her an eye cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter