Four

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

 

        Still unresolved on what to do, Iseul glanced at the old shed. It was a part of the property that was there when they moved in. The small room was under construction by her father to become his own workspace. The man was in the space, so Iseul decided to ask his opinion.

 

        “Hello.” Iseul said as she spotted him in the shed. He lifted his head from his sketches. The papers sat on a modern table that looked out of place in the worn out room.

 

        “May I help you?” he said as he shifted in his seat, which matched the table but not the concrete floor.

 

        “Well, maybe.” she said as she walked further into the room. She turned around in a full circle letting her eyes wander over the cracking walls. Her eyes landed on the single window that was above her father’s workspace. “What is the most probable cause of the dead animals on our doorstep?” she asked, trying to sound serious about the matter, hoping for a serious answer.

 

        The man stretched his legs and let out a groan. He wasn’t a big man, but by Korea’s standards, he was a little heavier than average. He scratched his head full of hair poking up at odd angles, not having brushed it since he woke up. “I’d say it’s just a random wild dog. This house has been empty for a while, so it may be happy to have a neighbor.” he said, tone not confident and trying his best to not sound like he was making it up on the spot.

 

        “So, it’s like, leaving them as gifts?” she said, starting to believe his theory. Still weary on why the animals she interacted with having to become the victims. That part didn’t seem too necessary in giving gifts of random dead animals.

 

        “Sure, but I would think that they would be more territorial. It is odd at how friendly it or they are being.” he said. Her father's entire job was to observe how animals interact with their environment. Any opinions he had were more so fact than a guess. The cog wheel of Iseul’s mind started churning. The reason they moved out here was for her father to work from home. Now odd animal stuff was happening.

 

        “Is that what why you wanted to come out here? Did you already know about this and wanted to research it or whatever?” she asked, thinking she cracked the non-existent code.

 

        “No, I just enjoy the foliage.” he said. The girl rolled her eyes.

 

        “So you do know something. What is it?” she asked, hoping he wasn’t just trying to get her to leave him alone by ignoring her. The man turned back in his chair and n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter