Five

Lycanthrope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

        

 

        Jinyoung could recall all his friends first transformations. They fell into a routine and learned the best course of action. They all gained experience each time around and were happy to have no complications. What Jinyoung  remembered from his first time was the fumble of clothes, and pain. Bones cracking and fuzz spreading everywhere, even to places he didn’t know he had. He remembered feeling like death, then waking up by a river he never saw before. Out of all seven boys, they said Jinyoung had run the furthest. It took most of the night and morning to track him down and many adults heckled him. They said he was trying to find his rumored human mate.

 

        The boys wouldn’t learn any details of their mate. That was something that happened according to the moon and no one could predict. The boys did end up spreading the news of a fortune teller saying Jinyoung had a human mate. It fit the people’s lineage.  Several of them about it every now and then. There were a few things that could be foreseen or figured out. Though it was with spells and potions and odd things the mystical of their people did. Few took those tellings serious due to them almost never being accurate.

 

        The one thing that was questionable was Mark’s fur color. As proven by Bambam during his first transition, the moon did not care about chemicals that changed hair color when it came to wolf fur.  The younger boy dyed a patch of hair bright pink to test his theory. When the boy shifted, he had jet black fur, the same as most of the other boys in the group. The one outlier was the kid with now dark red human hair and wolf fur to match.

 

        The teachers of the village knew that different color fur meant different things. According to documents from the past, dark red fur meant misfortune, madness. The first, and last, person on record to have red fur was almost five hundred years ago. The man in question started off his life as a sweet kid, rather quiet and kind towards others. He went through his first few transitions awkward and wild. This nothing but normal for a thirteen-year-old wolf boy. Then came his sixteenth birthday. This was often when werewolves would start feeling a pull towards their mate, the closer the mate, the stronger the pull. It was alright if the pull didn’t happen until eighteen, or even twenty. But the minimal age had always been sixteen.

 

        When the red-furred teen started to feel odd, he guessed the pull was starting. He told his friends and parents and they were happy for him. Most of them even offered advice and support. They wished him good fortune with whoever she was and told him to let her come to him. Don't worry when they would be together. He took this advice and carried on with his life as your average wolf boy for a few months.

 

        Mid-November, six months past his sixteenth birthday, is when he saw her. He thought she was the most perfect being, more so than he could have imagined. Despite her being a human claimed by an estranged acquaintance, he felt the pull. Once he laid eyes on her, his mind went wild and his breathing became erratic. She was across the way, holding hands with that other guy. A few seconds passed and she glanced in his direction. She saw the odd boy, wide-eyed and huffing his chest, and became nervous.

 

        “Who is he?” she asked, tugging on her boyfriend’s hand to get his attention. The boy looked at her, following her line of vision to the red-haired boy in the distance.

 

        “Baekhyun, are you alright?” the boy asked, yelling over the noise of the crowd in front of them. The couple was at the full moon festival, with all the other young adults who would shift.

 

        The overwhelmed boy took a few slow breaths and walked towards them. “Yeah, Chanyeol, I’m fine.” he said with a forced smile. He stopped a few feet in front of them and cle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter